It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 witness unusual looking ufo over Montana, including a former pilot who provides the picture

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I can't say I have seen a ufo at least lately, that looks anything like this one. It does look like something straight out of Star Trek. Three people saw this in Central Montana recently. One group from Texas was "freaked out" by what they saw. The primaray witness here, a former pilot, said he felt "electrical energy" in the air, and his hair "stood on end" during the time of sighting.

He said he thought the object was hovering and giving off light beams. The original photo here is a polaroid, and not of the best quality, however the witness is going to provide the original which will be scanned in high resolution and will be updated if the quality is better.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: data5091
Perhaps they should have waited and posted a higher quality scan. Does not look like any flying object at all.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I do see some seemingly symmetric lines. I guess I will wait for the better scan to have an opinion on this.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Looks like an aircraft HUD to me , I think the story is suspect , who on Earth uses a polaroid camera these days !

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

ROFPML a POLAROID CAMERA high res scan of a cr4p picture will only produce hi-res cr4p.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

He said he thought the object was hovering and giving off light beams. The original photo here is a polaroid, and not of the best quality, however the witness is going to provide the original which will be scanned in high resolution and will be updated if the quality is better.

Who takes pictures with a polaroid camera? Why no cell phone pic to go with it?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Was the thing angled in such a way to give the photographer a perfect view of just the edge? I'd say the Polaroid camera is broken (Polaroid? Still?). So the article said this guy whipped out a Polaroid and the other witness (who had cell phones) didn't take pictures?

Seems fishy at best.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Is it me or does that photo (Polaroid) look extremely old..?

Or it is damaged..?

Hard to say what it is we are looking at.

I hope the original turns up and is better quality. Until then,.. Meh?

Thanks for the post though..

More information would be good. I did follow your link, and again, need more info.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
More to the point

The object was visible for about 5 minutes and was hovering. The witness thought that it could have been only 200 feet off of the ground. The object then streaked away towards Badger Pass and was gone in 2 seconds!

One Polaroid picture for a 5 minute view.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Looks to be as if the Polaroid film was creased/damaged prior to having the photo being taken.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Looks like an aircraft HUD to me , I think the story is suspect , who on Earth uses a polaroid camera these days !

That's what I thought when I saw it.
They still sell film for the SX 70. I was surprised to learn that.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
but aren't polaroids better for such because they rule out alteration?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

But that only counts if you have it in hand...a scanned Polaroid is just another digital image.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: gortex

That's what I thought when I saw it.
They still sell film for the SX 70. I was surprised to learn that.

Old stock very old stock

Polaroid's SX-70 "Time-Zero" film was phased out of production in late 2005 to early 2006

ALSO

One feature of SX-70 integral print film[which?] is its ability to be manipulated while developing, and for some days after. Because the emulsion is gelatin-based, and the Mylar covering does not allow water vapor to readily pass, the emulsion stays soft for several days, allowing artists to press and manipulate the emulsion to produce effects somewhat like impressionist paintings

edit on 18-9-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008
I remember that some people were manipulating that type of film to simulate spirit writing/ghosts on their photos, now that you mention it.
They were pushing the fact that it was taken on a Polaroid camera to make it sound like they could not be faking it.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: defuntion

did you read the witness info just below the pic?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I can't believe this isn't in the hoax bin yet.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
It is a glitch in the sky. I hope they patched it.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I know a lot of older people who don't have cellphones. Not every older person likes technology. Some people like using tech that they know and have always used.
I find the whole story and image interesting. The picture to me looks like the craft is only showing part of itself.

Hopefully the original will be a bit clearer.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Intriguing photo but with it come many questions and it is very early in the game of vetting this alleged sighting.

The author of the report seems to be an administrator ( or uses the handle 'administrator) at the ufosnw.com site where this broke. The author also states he knows the observer and vouches for him.

I'm going to wait until I see more - additional pics or higher res pics before I inquire to ufosnw. But questions I have are:

1) if you know the witness lets get an interview - it would be more convincing than " ya I know the guy and he used to be a pilot so it's all good!" - where is the name / pedigree info / confirm able aviation history etc.

2) more info on the story behind the Polaroid . Why a Polaroid and not a higher tech - phone camera or a digital camera. If he went to the trouble to carry a Polaroid in his car and keep it loaded with film , why?

3) report states sighting lasted 5 minutes. Why only one photo in that time frame. Issues with the camera? Felt u only needed one single shot of this "large object hovering" as stated in the report.

4 ) I'm having trouble determining scale of the photo. An overlay of background etc would help.

5) it seems it was a mid-day sighting. More than just these three people had to have seen a "large object hovering" in the area.

Or it's just another bleepity, bleep bleep hoax. I hope not but unless some of the above (I m sure others have additional) questions are answered then ...shoulda ....coulda ....woulda

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join