It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Naked Woman Rescued Three Miles Off Shore

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

A naked woman was rescued far out in the water from the Newport Beach coast and officials are still flummoxed over how she got there.
Around 10 a.m. last Saturday, two kayakers heard a 28-year-old woman calling for help in the water three miles out from the Newport Harbor jetty, reports the L.A. Times. They found the woman—whose identity has not been released—alone without a boat, floatation devices or even a bathing suit. Just to clarify, "she was completely naked," Sgt. D.J. Haldeman of the Orange County Sheriff's Department Harbor Patrol told the Times.
The woman managed to stay afloat in the deep waters since the night before, according to the Harbor Patrol. She said she had been swimming near 19th Street on Saturday around 5:30 p.m.—about three miles up the coast from where she was found—when a rip current swept her out to sea. Some time during her roughly 16-hour ordeal, she ditched her swimsuit "so it wouldn't restrict her in her abilities to swim," Haldeman tells the Times. Harbor Patrol deputies fully expected to treat her for hypothermia, but impressively she seemed fine.

laist.com...

Not sure what to think of this. It almost sounds like a publicity stunt, and she was in it with the Kayakers. If not, it's hard to imagine how she could survive, knowing how chilly the waters are there, and treading water for that long. She removed her bathing suit so it wouldn't impede her swimming ability. (in true ATS fashion, Pics, or it didn't happen)

Or,.......she is an alien and they dropped her a few miles from her proper destination. (which could explain a lot of Venice beach)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude
It's a mermaid and she'll be regrowing her fish tail soon. Or she really got swept out by a riptide.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Did Karen Gillan get drunk again?

She's 28 years old.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
yes yes but is she cute?

sounds like a stunt unless she is both very fit and very lucky!

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

She probably went skinny dipping and got carried out to sea by a rip current. She shouldn't have been in the water at all, seeing as their were Tsunami warnings and that there were extreme rip currents as a result of the Chilean earthquake.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Just sounds like someone swimming in the wrong place at the wrong time.

So it says she was swimming the night before, maybe intoxicated and made a bad decision to swim.

Still, she is very lucky she survived being out there for so long.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Do NOT pick her up!
Oops, too late.

We are all doomed.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: NowWhat
Do NOT pick her up!
Oops, too late.

We are all doomed.

IS there a Eve joke in there? lol

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
There is not a rip current on the planet that is going to take you three miles off shore.

But I still want to see pics.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

This is why you aren't supposed to go out swimming in the ocean at night time.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Now we are never going to get the fish smell outa this water. Just kidding, I love woman and always find it mysterious when I encounter a naked one.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
But it said NAKED and WOMAN???

Why am I here?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

This is why you aren't supposed to go out swimming in the ocean at night time.

So you are telling me we have been lied to?

They said SHARKS, not Neked Weemen.

Now I have to rethink everything.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
This story is likaly all true it happens more often than U this but the lifeguards save ur ass before ur to far out

If u look at Newport on Google Earth note the breakers on one side they stop big waves and riptide see on the other side no breakers

Alot of people think they can out swim a riptide ... u can't and get sucked out to sea

Iv been in a fyew my self but knowing what to do is key

The water is warmer this year but anyone who swims there alot can handle it

Why she ditched her bathing suit probly ties right in with how she got suckd out bye a riptide

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
that`s odd but what`s even more strange is kayakers 3 miles offshore, is that normal?
I thought kayaks were for whitewater rivers and such.
if I was planning on going 3 miles offshore a kayak would be the last thing I would consider using.
edit on 18-9-2015 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I wonder if she was cute? If so the Kayakers would have been smiling as she climbed onto their kayak.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Has no one considered the possibility that she's from a parallel world?

I mean, if the article is accurate in all its details, it doesn't leave too many other options.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley

Has no one considered the possibility that she's from a parallel world?

The thought crossed my mind that the Berenstein Bears sent her here.

new topics

top topics

join