It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There literally exists only 4 moderate Syrians trained by US !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I hope this thread can be an eye-opener for everyone . i'll try to get to the main article (posted by NYT) in a bit , but before that i'll explain the whole thing to those of you who have zilch idea whats going on . Please note that this is by no means a thread to bash anyone or any country. read till the end and you'll understand .

There are many terrorist groups and fractions fighting in Syria , most notably ISIS , FSA and Jibhat al-nusra . the 2 latter were considered once as "Moderate Freedom fighters" .

1- FSA or Free Syrian Army was once only consisted of extremist ex. officers of SAA (Syrian Arab Army or the national army of Syria) . once a part of the national army , they ran away to turkey after the first sparks of armed struggle . they were DIRECTLY Trained , Funded and Armed by US , UK , GCC . the trainings took place in both turkey and jordan . many donations from these countries empowered the terrorist group most notably from Saudi arabia and US . they were armed to teeth . literally !

most funny of all was trying to arm FSA with latest TOW ATGM (anti tank missile) . but guess who ended up getting those advanced weapons ? yeah ISIS .

at the start of the struggle they really seemed moderate . after a while they started beheading captured Syrian soldiers (SAA soldiers) . when they were powerful enough , and no longer needed funding from others since they had oil platforms of their own , they showed their true face to the world . murder , rape , beheading and terror .

2- Jibhat al-nusra : a Syrian off-shoot branch of Al-qaeda . Armed by GCC and US . funded by GCC .

US withdrew it's support from them long ago but GCC continued it's support (Except Egypt) .

why did US support this group you ask ? again with the same deception tactic i stated above . they looked moderate at the start of it all but turned out to be monster terrorists a while later .

the renowned video of a terrorist eating the heart of a SAA soldier right on TV was from this group .

now last but not least :

WASHINGTON — Only four or five Syrian individuals trained by the United States military to confront the Islamic State remain in the fight, the head of the United States Central Command told a Senate panel on Wednesday, a bleak acknowledgment that the Defense Department’s $500 million program to raise an army of Syrian fighters has gone nowhere.

500 million dollars of US taxpayer's money spent on training terrorists . how can anyone defend that ?

thousands of rebels were armed and funded and now only 4 of them remain "moderate" .

the funny thing is that they are still training them :

Defense officials said that only 100 to 120 Syrian fighters were in training right now.

Tnx for being plain stupid .

Source :

1- www.nytimes.com...

2- www.usnews.com...
edit on 18-9-2015 by haman10 because: Added sources

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: haman10

Great post once again . In your opinion , what is the answer to the problems in Syria . Does the west keep up the attack on Isis from above while Iran hits them on the ground . Does the west just walk away . Your thoughts .

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit is it? They didn't train thousands official total was 58 people. The group they trained was ambushed by Isis troops and wiped out. Only 4 or 5 continue to fight. Not groups but individuals. They expect the total trained this year to be 100.This program needs to be scrapped because they were supposed to be training thousands to fight. But somehow that has been derailed. That is the real story here why is a program funded to train thousands so far I kg trained less then 200 people. Where is this money going? The anti tank rockets were captured from us backed forces. In other wore a they killed them and took their stuff.

But even those anti tank rockets were kind if useless in syria.The M-71 TOW is a rocket designed in the 70s they are heavy and cumbersome not at all suited to desert warfare. Someone dragged these out of some national guard amity trying to get rid of them. Trust me in syria they have access to far better equipment such as the Chinese HJ-8, French Milan and the Russian Spigot. All much lighter and far more mobile. In a conflict like syria you have to expect weapons to change hands alot with all the different factions fighting. Like the rebels using the spigots took them from assads army.

Now I think something has to be done at this point we have millions of refugees thousands of dead and no end in sight. The easiest thing would be for assad to step down and the fighting would end. But I think that's unlikely now that he's receiving help from Russia. So this thing will drag on for years to come.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit is it?

Did you happen to notice where Haman is from . Cut him some slack .

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Not to worry, those four are genetically modified super humans, impervious to decapitation.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: haman10
I hope this thread can be an eye-opener for everyone . i'll try to get to the main article (posted by NYT) in a bit , but before that i'll explain the whole thing to those of you who have zilch idea whats going on . Please note that this is by no means a thread to bash anyone or any country. read till the end and you'll understand .

There are many terrorist groups and fractions fighting in Syria , most notably ISIS , FSA and Jibhat al-nusra . the 2 latter were considered once as "Moderate Freedom fighters" .

1- FSA or Free Syrian Army was once only consisted of extremist ex. officers of SAA (Syrian Arab Army or the national army of Syria) . once a part of the national army , they ran away to turkey after the first sparks of armed struggle . they were DIRECTLY Trained , Funded and Armed by US , UK , GCC . the trainings took place in both turkey and jordan . many donations from these countries empowered the terrorist group most notably from Saudi arabia and US . they were armed to teeth . literally !

most funny of all was trying to arm FSA with latest TOW ATGM (anti tank missile) . but guess who ended up getting those advanced weapons ? yeah ISIS .

at the start of the struggle they really seemed moderate . after a while they started beheading captured Syrian soldiers (SAA soldiers) . when they were powerful enough , and no longer needed funding from others since they had oil platforms of their own , they showed their true face to the world . murder , rape , beheading and terror .

2- Jibhat al-nusra : a Syrian off-shoot branch of Al-qaeda . Armed by GCC and US . funded by GCC .

US withdrew it's support from them long ago but GCC continued it's support (Except Egypt) .

why did US support this group you ask ? again with the same deception tactic i stated above . they looked moderate at the start of it all but turned out to be monster terrorists a while later .

the renowned video of a terrorist eating the heart of a SAA soldier right on TV was from this group .

now last but not least :

WASHINGTON — Only four or five Syrian individuals trained by the United States military to confront the Islamic State remain in the fight, the head of the United States Central Command told a Senate panel on Wednesday, a bleak acknowledgment that the Defense Department’s $500 million program to raise an army of Syrian fighters has gone nowhere.

500 million dollars of US taxpayer's money spent on training terrorists . how can anyone defend that ?

thousands of rebels were armed and funded and now only 4 of them remain "moderate" .

the funny thing is that they are still training them :

Defense officials said that only 100 to 120 Syrian fighters were in training right now.

Tnx for being plain stupid .

Source :

1- www.nytimes.com...

2- www.usnews.com...

It's all quite simple:

1) This is a proxy war between the West (and regional allies) and Russia (and regional allies; Iran, Syria, Lebanon, etc).

2) The focus is purely on geo-political control of the Middle East. The West is not there for democracy nor human rights.

3) The goal is regime change and always has been. All of the funding, arming, training, and air strikes are purely based on tipping the scales in favor of the opposition so that said goal can be attained, JUST like Libya.

That's it.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Great post once again . In your opinion , what is the answer to the problems in Syria . Does the west keep up the attack on Isis from above while Iran hits them on the ground . Does the west just walk away . Your thoughts .
Yes , precision strikes have shown their efficacy against ISIS . strikes in syria have been far less effective and have been much much smaller compared to Iraq . the reason is Syrian government's opposition . you cannot possibly have your mind set on the job at hand knowing the fact that Syria's semi-advanced AD network is on your tail .

the only way we can solve that problem is with negotiations . thats not gonna happen as long as the "international" negotiations are a monkey circus where even Iran is not invited .

Iran is indeed interested on starting an Air campaign against ISIS as she did bomb the living hell out of ISIS in Iraq , but i highly doubt she is willing to participate on a ground war . a field in which russia has shown interest in .

small number of russian troops have been seen on the ground recently .

originally posted by: dragonridr

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit is it? They didn't train thousands official total was 58 people. The group they trained was ambushed by Isis troops and wiped out. Only 4 or 5 continue to fight. Not groups but individuals. They expect the total trained this year to be 100.This program needs to be scrapped because they were supposed to be training thousands to fight. But somehow that has been derailed. That is the real story here why is a program funded to train thousands so far I kg trained less then 200 people. Where is this money going? The anti tank rockets were captured from us backed forces. In other wore a they killed them and took their stuff.

But even those anti tank rockets were kind if useless in syria.The M-71 TOW is a rocket designed in the 70s they are heavy and cumbersome not at all suited to desert warfare. Someone dragged these out of some national guard amity trying to get rid of them. Trust me in syria they have access to far better equipment such as the Chinese HJ-8, French Milan and the Russian Spigot. All much lighter and far more mobile. In a conflict like syria you have to expect weapons to change hands alot with all the different factions fighting. Like the rebels using the spigots took them from assads army.

Now I think something has to be done at this point we have millions of refugees thousands of dead and no end in sight. The easiest thing would be for assad to step down and the fighting would end. But I think that's unlikely now that he's receiving help from Russia. So this thing will drag on for years to come.

Oh please . don't lecture me on the situation in syria cause i'm currently in the middle of it . my reading comprehension is just ok .

hundreds of TOW missiles for a group of 54 people ? yeah thats right . FSA was not involved and you know better than me .

are you kidding here or what ?

TOW missile was produced in 1970s , just as F-15 was designed in 1960s and F-22 in 1980s . your point being what ?

Fact is that it has killed more Syrian tanks and installations than any other missile . thats whats important here , not the fact that it has been designed long time ago .

the article mentions jibhat al-nusra who attacked these group of "54" and i just wanted to point out to the irony here .

FSA is the military wing of SNC or Syrian National Coalition , here :

en.wikipedia.org...

now look at the international support . so once again , please ! i follow Syrian crisis on a daily basis and trust me , i know what i'm talking about .

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Yes this is a very poorly run proxy war, I was distressed to see how badly it was being handled by the administration. I also believe the 500 million is just the tip of the iceberg.. As it is commonly said in the State Department, If you want to influence issues in the middle east, you better have a big wallet as it costs over a million in bribes to give them one dollar...

One way or another it will be another cold war standoff between the US and Nato against the Soviets and their new friends in the middle east. Sanctions will have no effect this time. Putin has prepared for this and won't back down. So the US will cave on it and back down. Obama has done far too much damage to our infrastructure to respond economically or use our military. Iran gets the bomb it covets and will be a huge Soviet partner in the region. Soon to be followed by Syria. Our enemies will destroy our currency very soon. After that it just looks like a bad dream...

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
IMO, the poster that asked "where is the money" said a mouthful. We know that six billion dollars was unaccounted for during Hillary's tenure as Secy. of State and Obama absolutely failed to post the requisite IG during that entire time. That is huge. Obama is a fraud and a failure and has sold this country out, imho. We have no idea who knows what and when they knew it because he has kept such a tight little circle around him that nobody has been able to investigate. And guess what...key players that would have answers are dead....but "what difference does it make"!?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Very true. What we know is unsettling about him, I'm sure what we shall discover over the next few years will be startling. That being said, it's up to us to dump these career politicians and fix the mess we're in. That's Foreign and Domestically.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

This isn't a proxy war though Russia is attempting to make it one. Put in figures he can get sanctions removed if he agrees to stop supporting assadd
It isn't going to work. The Obama administration has little concern for syria. They have been making half hearted efforts on suits from the beginning. In fact this lack of interest and support created this problem in the first place.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Then imsurprised you miss quoted the article was it done on purpose? There has hardly been any training of rebels unlike Ukraine. All they did was ship them older arms I not appropriate for mobility.
edit on 9/18/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Some links regarding Syria and US and especially Saudi Arabia and Qatar, involving funding supply of information or training or equipment:

August 23 2013:
www.presstv.ir - CIA commandos, US special forces entered Syria: Report...
June 23 2012:
www.reuters.com - Saudi Arabia and Qatar funding Syrian rebels...
April 27 2013:
www.telegraph.co.uk - Qatar 'playing with fire' as it funds Syrian Islamists in quest for global influence...
Aprily 27 2013:
www.nytimes.com - Islamist Rebels Create Dilemma on Syria Policy...

I found this link from the Bush Administration era:
March 5 2007:
www.newyorker.com - The Redirection...

Hmm:
June 9 2014:
www.independent.co.uk - Battle to establish Islamic state across Iraq and Syria...

Isis has the great advantage of being able to operate on both sides of the Syrian-Iraq border, though in Syria it is engaged in an intra-jihadi civil war with Jabhat al-Nusra, Ahrar al-Sham and other groups. But Isis controls Raqqa, the only provincial capital taken by the opposition, and much of eastern Syria outside enclaves held by the Kurds close to the Turkish border.

edit on 9/18/2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

This isn't a proxy war though Russia is attempting to make it one. Put in figures he can get sanctions removed if he agrees to stop supporting assadd
It isn't going to work. The Obama administration has little concern for syria. They have been making half hearted efforts on suits from the beginning. In fact this lack of interest and support created this problem in the first place.

That is completely false.

The western cabal has been funding, training, and arming the opposition this ENTIRE time. It's all documented and by no means a "conspiracy." Even more so have our regional allies (Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Qatar, etc). It's just that the Western media tries to minimize it or make you THINK one of two disinfo items: 1) We aren't interested in this or our lack of action has caused the crisis, hence we need MORE intervention (which serves the original goal anyways) 2) We are involved due to human rights, democracy, etc. Both are lies.

This is a full on proxy war between Russia/Iran and our side. Regime change is the goal.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

The western cabal has been funding, training, and arming the opposition this ENTIRE time. It's all documented and by no means a "conspiracy." Even more so have our regional allies (Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Qatar, etc). It's just that the Western media tries to minimize it or make you THINK one of two disinfo items: 1) We aren't interested in this or our lack of action has caused the crisis, hence we need MORE intervention (which serves the original goal anyways) 2) We are involved due to human rights, democracy, etc. Both are lies.

This is a full on proxy war between Russia/Iran and our side. Regime change is the goal.

Then why are we supporting Iran? Can't have it both ways. The Obama administration has been doing bare minimum so he can tell the European partners he's helping this is about saving face in no way is it vital to US interests. Europe is very upset about it because it's causing mass refugees that they don't want to spend the resources on. The reason it gets little to no coverage in the US is simple no one cares. The US has no interest or reason to enter the middle east and the entire place could burn down and most Americans would cheer and just say they deserve it.

That's why it's funny when people try to play this proxy war this isn't Vietnam their is no political idealogy on the line. There isn't even monetary well unless you count the US bud dying up to iran. Obama wants the sanctions removed so us companies can move back into iran.
edit on 9/18/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Yes Saudi Arabia has a huge interest in the outcome. They aee it as their job to stop shiite Muslims from taking over the middle east. Problem is in my book they are probably preferable they at least are less irrational. Luckily you can see the US is starting to pull it's support for the saudis. They have lost their grip on the US economy. This means now they are going to have to do things on their own. This is why now they decided they need to spend billions on their military. Don't know if this is good or bad will have to see.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

The funding by us consists of two things air support and selling editions to the Saudis ti ship to the rebels. Making money on arms sales huge business to the US. The training program well as we seen failed miserably and won't get any better. The reason is simple their is no central command. In Ukraine for example they can train the troops then their government can organize them. Their they send them out like roving mobs. They run across someone they attack the more weapons they get the bigger their group becomes.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
they have to train your proxy fighters or they will lose there agenda

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Not to worry, those four are genetically modified super humans, impervious to decapitation.

Coming soon to a theatre near you the Expendables 4 check local times.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
So .....

another "news" :

www.telegraph.co.uk... iate-in-Syria.html

Pentagon-trained rebels in Syria are reported to have betrayed their American backers and handed their weapons over to al-Qaeda in Syria immediately after re-entering the country.
Fighters with Division 30, the “moderate” rebel division favoured by the United States, surrendered to the al-Qaeda-affiliated Jabhat al-Nusra, a raft of sources claimed on Monday night.

new topics

top topics

join