It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Preamble and Bill of Rights. Please contribute.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Preamble:
Knowing that man is flawed from birth to death, it is to be understood that anyone is capable of anything at any time. If a true moral standard exists, clearly it exists within the realm of spirituality, not the realm of flesh. Some will choose to believe that man is pure flesh and motivated by the bio-chemistry of the flesh, yet others will choose to believe that man is spirit encapsulated in the flesh. Therefore, the coexistence of the theist with the atheist hinges on a legal codex of liberty rather than morality. Until a creative deity intervenes, morality must be consideded a subjective matter, never objective. For this reason, liberty must be the goal of civilization. The point at which liberty becomes tyranny is when the volition of one human overrides the volition of another human. As a human being, liberty is your birthright.

Bill of Rights:
1.) Freedom of faith: You may rest your faith in (and practice) any religious (or areligious) system, whether (pre-existing or invented) up to the point that your belief system threatens to override the volition of another human being.

2.) Your right to express your thinking patterns and ideologies may not be hindered unless it some how threatens to override the volition of another human being.

3.) You are free to engage in any action that does not threaten to override the volition of another human being.

4.) You are free to defend yourself against those who seek to override your personal volition.

5.) Any action or expression of idea which threatens to override the volition of another human being will be considered criminality once convicted in a court of law.

6.) Criminality must be punished pproportionally. Willful murder: death upon conviction. Rape: castration upon conviction. Theft: repayment upon conviction. Violence: beating upon conviction. Adultery: divorce/annulment upon conviction. Slander/deception: repayment for damages and a title of disgrace.

What did I leave out?
edit on 17-9-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Umm, what party platform are you running on?

I'm DEFINITELY voting for you....

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

You leave out the right to bear arms especially should the government became Tyrannical.
edit on 17-9-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

The "Hurricane 40 ouncers". That's what inspired this thread. Live and let live, even unto death.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Look at #3&4. You have the right to do what you want (including arm yourself) and defend yourself.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I'm not liking the 'threaten to override' verbiage. That leaves the interpretation open to the bias of others and can promote the concept of thought crime.

Either the actions override other's volition or they do not. Proportional punishment should keep that in check.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

What's your position on a military?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Hypocrites should be castrated.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Military is self defense on the national scale. Strong military makes bullies think twice. No pre-emptive strikes.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
No offense, but I like our bill of rights

The issue isnt the Bill of Rights

The issue is politicians

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Ever hear of "write in's". Politicians get away with politics because people in general are stupid, lazy, and emotional.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Hypocrites should be castrated.

Then grab a knife and start cutting, cuz I guarantee you're a hypocrite too.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

So it's the basic your rights end where mine begin. Well when a bunch of individuals start thinking the same way does one persons rights stop those of the others?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

So it's the basic your rights end where mine begin. Well when a bunch of individuals start thinking the same way does one persons rights stop those of the others?

Your rights end when you threaten to take another's rights away.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Willful murder: death upon conviction.

Well, that might sound nice and all but what about cases where people have been exonerated years afterward? It does happen. Some convictions are mistakes. Is there a plan to bring them back to life if it's found that whoever was convicted was actually innocent? I don't think that can be done.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Regarding your preamble, an objective moral standard is not possible if people believe it exists in the spiritual domain, which is personal and death-centric, whereas if it exists in the flesh and life, it is universal to everyone.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Bill of Rights:

6.) Criminality must be punished proportionally.

What did I leave out?

What you left out is this.

For penalties to be just and achieve the intent of equal punaitive effect of all similar offenders, moneratory penalties must be expressed in terms of capacity to pay.

The rich tricked the massess back in day dot by saying the same dollar amount is the same for everyone so therefore that is fair. All the while they know the set amout in most cases, is such a pitence for them it is scorned at, derided and laughed at around the resurant.

They know that a fine of a months wages for the masses is nothing more than a throw away tip to the waiter at the resturant table.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Thank you. I like that.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I suppose the trial process would have to be redefined.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I suppose the trial process would have to be redefined.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join