It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nature of the Religious Beast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The world is getting a great example of the moral degradation of what I call the Religious Beast, in ISIS and their mentality

Of course this isn’t confined to any particular religion.

In medieval times the Catholics were the leading religious beasts when they often burned people at the stake for believing in something other than dogmatic Catholicism, or were accused of witchcraft or being a scientist.

And the Protestants who murdered the Indians and enslaved Africans and used their bible to justify it

These were at that time religious beasts

Thank God mostly Europe had a secular reformation called the enlightenment and their religious bestiality has been since put in check

Of course we still have the religious beasts in the West typified by people like Kim Davis in Kentucky and the notorious Westbury Baptists Church and the mad religious bigots like Pat Robertson who if they had their way would be as bad as ISIS

Now don’t get me wrong I’m not against religion and admire the millions of sincere believers across the spectrum of all religions that follow the best of their faith in supporting love your neighbor, charity and tolerance for others. And to the best of their ability try to become through their religion better human beings…this OP IS NOT referring to them

But as for the Religious beast… that’s one whose mentality is extreme ethnocentric bigotry; my way or the highway perhaps the foulest kind of thinking imaginable that typifies ISIS, Westbury Baptist Church and the Kim Davis’s of the world.

Those who want to impose their ignorant and narrow view of reality on others involuntarily…

….Such as the ISIS maniacs who should know the Quran says explicitly “THERE IS NO COMPULSION IN RELIIGON”

Before the barbarians, when finally caught, they should be made to write this verse a million times, before they are executed for the many crimes against innocent people they perpetuated.

When finally the human race evolves this twisted archetype out of its nature the race will have evolved to a higher level and perhaps peace will reign.

edit on 17-9-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
ISIS & Westboro are apples and oranges.

I wouldn't want to live in a world without WBC... Troll level 9000.

Can't say the same for ISIS. Barbaric cavemen.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I'm not sure "I" would elevate Kim Davis to that level.
It gives her more importance than her self serving sanctimonious human self deserves however I do agree with your sentiments to some degree.

There are many beasts in the world. Religion just happens to bring some to the forefront.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
There are a myriad of paths in life, logically they all diverge. I do my best to choose a direction.

top topics

join