It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch spy chief says warnings of militancy ignored

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The Dutch spy chief has accused politicians of ignoring intelligence warnings about rising Islamic militancy in his first newspaper interview since the murder of a Dutch filmmaker critical of Islam.

www.alertnet.org...

Clearly Dutch politicians' reluctance to address the issue of importing Islamofascist intolerance emboldened the extremists. So what's the solution? Empty rhetoric from the pols?

"In 2000 we said in our annual report that our society was facing increasing pressure. That is a very severe thing to say. But no word from the politicians. That really amazed me."

"Politicians now realise that tougher laws were necessary," he said, but warned that measures against radical Muslims alone would not solve the problem.

"We must make sure that Muslims feel welcome here, that they integrate, that they accept the identity of the country where they live," he said.

Good luck with the appeasement strategy. Does anyone actually think that that will work, protestations of "Islam-bashing" aside? Thought not.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
As much as I am for religious freedom I see the problem. The question is how do you stop the growth of one religion while being fair to all.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I doubt that appeasement will work with those of the more radical and/or traditional persuasion.

We have issues here in the UK with immigrants and intergration, so much so, that some train stations in the greater London area have their signs in Urdu, which is really confusing as being an Englishman in England, one expects to be able to look out the window and no where you are, and not see a load of squiggles.

I wont rant, as this subject really riles me. I am not against immigration, as long as they want to be British, not to try and turn Britain into the little backwater they just came from, which is usually what they get up too.

One wonders why they bothered coming here in the first place.........

join