It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crimea human rights 'deteriorated radically' since Russia seizure

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Right from the get go the MSM spin went into gear . Remember the crazy anti-Semitic Jew hating stuff that went on the news and how some of the Jews in New York had to clear up what had happened ? It was the bad guy Putin in all the MSM and is still going on . Just like they did with Libya and Iraq and even Osama Bin Ladin and al-queata who are now being thought of a a viable partner in Syria . Those 7 countries that were in the plans back shortly after 911 has a few countries that are resisting the fall . Syria and Iran and Lebanon ....Russia's support for Syria has and is a problem and so the coup in Ukraine to launch a proxy war against Russia .

Well Putin has seen the hand as well as others and he has figured out a way to at least play the game to a stale mate . But if the west makes the wrong move then things might get very hot . Small human rights violations are minor and all countries have their own internal issues to deal with . I did a search yesterday and yes Crimea comes up but so does Ukraine ,except there are more reports about Ukraine and that's not touching the new deal which is to ban western journalists . It's kind of going viral right now if you care to look ....

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: yuppa

How many military bases does the US have in how many countries ? The US seems to work by hook or by crook and will even create proxy wars with other countries .Afghanistan and giving Russia their Vietnam using Osama Bin Laden .How did that work for Washington when the Taliban stopped the Opium production ? I guess the flow of drugs is a very important economic issue for the west . The US did not have to bomb Japan ,at least the civilian population ,but they did . Now the US controls Japan and can use them in any proxy war they need . They sell cluster bombs to Saudi Arabia who drops them on the Yemen people . They claim that Assad must but when given the chance to see new elections there seems to be no opposition willing to talk and enter the elections . Like Iraq ,Afghanistan , Libya and now Syria they would sooner blow the place up ,create a failed state , and cause a refugee crisis for Europe . Like Nuland said in the earlier coup in Ukraine F the EU . That is quite the policy they have there ......No wonder they don't like Putin getting in their way . NATO or the US could have a nice base in the Crimea and they would F the people and the Govt ..... US interests eh ....

That didnt answer my question. Is it OK for the US to annex a country its got a military base in liek russia did to crimea.? Its only fair right?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Oh I dont know ..hey how about

Kosovo (/ˈkɒsəvoʊ, ˈkoʊ-/;[7] Albanian: Kosova; Serbian: Косово) is a disputed territory[8][9] and partially recognised state[10][11] in Southeastern Europe that declared its independence from Serbia in February 2008 as the Republic of Kosovo. While Serbia recognises the Republic's governance of the territory, it still continues to claim it as its own Autonomous Province of Kosovo and Metohija.[12][13]

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

You didnt answer my question. Stop obfuscating and try again.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
A lot of the western news is very friendly with Ukraine . But maybe it's other stories like this one that gave rize to Porky to ban over 300 western journalists ...

Bear mountain), a powerful symbol of Crimea.

There were times when the Jewish population of the Crimean peninsula exceeded 65,000. Now it”s around 10,000 out of 2 million, but it suddenly looks like this number has a chance to increase dramatically.

The tumultuous events around Crimea slipping out of Ukraine’s control divided the Ukrainian Jewish community. From the very first days, Crimean Jews threw their lot with Russia. “In Crimea, some Jews feel safer after Russian intervention,” reported Jewish Telegraphic Agency on March 4, 2014, less then a week after Russian ‘little green men’ put Russian flag in Sevastopol. “While many Ukrainian Jews have strongly condemned the Russian military incursion into Crimea,” JTA continued, “others see the intervention as restoring order in the wake of violent revolution that overthrew the pro-Russian government of President Viktor Yanukovych.”

Since then, Crimean Jews en masse exchanged their Ukrainian passports for Russian ones, and to the chagrin of their co-religionists elsewhere in Ukraine, asked the West and to put an end to the ‘unjust’ sanctions imposed on Russia over Crimea.
observer.com... You would think if there were gross violations of human rights then the Jews of Crimea might have something to say about it .

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Well like we see lawyers arguing the law and laws every day in court then it may not have been lawful to the ones that didnt want it to be while others looked at the law as something they could work with .Nuland and the neo-con gang really believed they could pull off a coup and make it legal ,at least in the western eyes .

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Answe r my question.Is it OK for the US to annex a country its got a military base in liek russia did to crimea.? Its only fair right?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

The US policy doesn't seem to work that way .Not that it couldn't but bombs and more bombs and creating chaos would better describe what they do ...Russia is now responsible for the Crimea and despite it being in Ukraine hands for a time ,it has rejoined it mother land .

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

BS, take Afghanistan for instance…

Sure.

Read that (in agreement) NATO forces occupy their country.

And it seems you missed something...

NATO took command of the United Nations-mandated International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) in Afghanistan in August 2003.

www.nato.int...

Read that (in agreement) NATO forces occupy their country.

And in that agreement Afghanistan welcomes NATO...here take a good read.

Noting the signing of the Security and Defence Cooperation Agreement between the United States of America and the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (Bilateral Security Agreement) on 30 September 2014, and welcoming the signing of
the Status of Forces Agreement between the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan and NATO on 30 September 2014 and as ratified by the Parliament of Afghanistan on 27 November 2014, Noting that the bilateral agreement between NATO and Afghanistan and the invitation of the Government of Afghanistan to NATO to establish Resolute Support Mission provide a sound legal basis for Resolute Support Mission,

www.securitycouncilreport.org...

Guess you missed that part.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Russia isn't the one expanding into central and eastern europe. NATO is.

And NATO isn't annexing parts of any country that is a member.

Russia is.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Im sure thats an answer to a question just not mine. You invoked the russian lie about ukraine outlawing russian when in fact it didnt. You are then silent when russia takes the very actions it used to jutify its invasion of ukraine.

Why the hypocrisy?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

So you are saying that Ukraine should be killing people who are sympathetic to Russia ? The eastern part did not get annexed but Crimea did .

WHere did I say that?

You seem to miss the whole point...but let's try this again, and I will go slow for you this time.

Crimea was annexed by Russia and is now a part of Russia...Now that Russia has Crimea, Ukraine has no responsibility to take care of someone in another country.

It has nothing to do with people who sympathize with Russia...but thanks for trying to spin it into something that it isn't.

Why not go kill the Crimians seeing they seem to be more sympathetic to Russia then the east does

You can't be serious?

Good try though.

OH ! So what is the Minsk 2 agreement about .

Well it isn't about anything to do with Crimea and their annexing by RUssia...I suggest you do a little research.

It was signed by Russia ,Germany,France and Ukraine ...What is that all about if the east is a part of Russia .

And when did the East become part of Russia... that's right it didn't.

If that is the case then Ukraine is fighting against the Russians but someone said that the reason they are not fighting in the Crimea is because they don't have the ability to take on the Russians .....Make up your minds people ...Pick a truth and go with it ....

Try and get this straight...please.

The Ukraine military at the time of the Annexation were in no shape to take on those who were in Crimea from Russia.

Way to just cherry pick a comment.

Not only that but earlier on Kiev said that nobody would be speaking Russia as well

And yet it has no bearing on Crimea or their deteriorating human rights...which btw you can thank Russia for that.

I wonder ho that would go in Quebec if the Federal Govt. one day said nobody in Canada was allowed to speak French ....divide and conquer or by hook or by crook ....

Except that is Quebec's official language...Russia isn't Ukraine's official language.

Not really a good comparison there.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

PARIS, June 28 /ITAR-TASS/. The decision of the Verkhovna rada (Ukrainian parliament) to ban Russian as a regional language was a mistake, President Pyotr Poroshenko said in an interview with the Figaro newspaper published on Saturday, June 28.
“I always said before and I repeat this again now that the Verkhovna rada’s decision to ban Russian as a regional language was a mistake. I stressed many times during my presidential campaign that this law would never get my approval,” he said.
Poroshenko expressed hope that “never again in the history of Ukraine will the issue of language or culture endanger national unity”.
tass.ru... They didn't in the end but they were looking at doing just that . Just like the early Jew hating propaganda crap that started to emerge .

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Right now there are men women and children dying and the only aid they have is coming from Russia .

Well Russia decided they had to have Crimea...so they are their responsibility, and not Ukraine's.

Kiev stopped the banking , cut them off from normal society . time to do the right thing me thinks ...

Again because they are now part of Russia, so Ukraine has no responsibility to keep their banks open in a territory that is now another countries.

I guess being part of Russia isn't all they thought it would be. If they were still Ukrainian they would have those banks to use.
So the men women and children being killed is not in the Crimea and your post seems like the east that is being bombed is some how annexed by Russia . The eastern part is still a part of Ukraine and Kiev cut off the banks to them .Kiev also cut off all support and Russia id the one who is delivering aid . The east is being forced by the military and economic sanctions against the east to turn to Russia . The Minsk2 can address the problems with the east but as long as Kiev is waring against against them the the peace plan can not move forward which also has to include them in the new constitution .

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Well Putin has seen the hand as well as others and he has figured out a way to at least play the game to a stale mate . But if the west makes the wrong move then things might get very hot .

You do understand Putin cannot sustain anything close to a war with the west, and think he would survive the ramifications of his actions.

Those 7 countries that were in the plans back shortly after 911 has a few countries that are resisting the fall .

Here you may want to read this...

gumshoenews.com...

I did a search yesterday and yes Crimea comes up but so does Ukraine ,except there are more reports about Ukraine and that's not touching the new deal which is to ban western journalists .

Here you go about those being banned...

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I don't know about that man, I mean those savage hoola dressing Hawaiians didn't appreciate getting annexed into the US neither did the Samoanes. And other Islanders that got annexed into American territory that aren't considered full American citizens didn't apprecate getting annexed either.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

I mentioned earlier that the US don't work that way ..They with their anglo counter part work like this

First, they tried to shoot the dogs. Next, they tried to poison them with strychnine. When both failed as efficient killing methods, British government agents and U.S. Navy personnel used raw meat to lure the pets into a sealed shed. Locking them inside, they gassed the howling animals with exhaust piped in from U.S. military vehicles. Then, setting coconut husks ablaze, they burned the dogs’ carcasses as their owners were left to watch and ponder their own fate.

The truth about the U.S. military base on the British-controlled Indian Ocean island of Diego Garcia is often hard to believe. It would be easy enough to confuse the real story with fictional accounts of the island found in the Transformers movies, on the television series 24, and in Internet conspiracy theories about the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.
www.truthdig.com...

Much like torture that should be illegal is some how not when the US does it ...

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Yet they didn't do it. Russia on the other hand took the very action they accused Ukraine of taking. You found issues with Ukraine considering it yet remain absolutely quiet when Russia in fact did it.

again - why the Hypocrisy. Why are you incapable of acknowledging Russia took the very action you despised Ukraine of looking at?

Its not ok if Ukraine does it but you are ok if Russia does it?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Feel free to point out what part of CAT was violated. Next please explain how foreign treaties are incorporated into US law and what it means when it comes to how that treaty is perceived as well as applied to US citizens. Next feel free to compare the actions of the US with those of the USSR as well as current day Russia and explain how CAT applies to them and how their domestic laws view the treaty and its application within Russian law.

If you are going to try and use these argument you better damn well know what you are talking about, which includes applicable domestic laws for both countries. My guess is you have no clue about the domestic laws of each country and how they apply to foreign treaties.
edit on 18-9-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

So the men women and children being killed is not in the Crimea and your post seems like the east that is being bombed is some how annexed by Russia .

No it didn't.

The eastern part is still a part of Ukraine and Kiev cut off the banks to them

And your point is?

You see the keywords here...

The eastern part is still a part of Ukraine and Kiev cut off the banks to them.

Still part of Ukraine, and Kiev cut off banks to them.

Cutting off banks to separatists area is Ukraines right...especially if it is in an area where you have armed men fighting the government.

.Kiev also cut off all support and Russia id the one who is delivering aid .

Of course they aren't going to support those who are fighting against them...sad part about war, civilians also suffer. And since Russia is the main cause for the fighting in the East...they should supply their own soldiers.

The east is being forced by the military and economic sanctions against the east to turn to Russia .

No they weren't.

The Minsk2 can address the problems with the east but as long as Kiev is waring against against them the the peace plan can not move forward which also has to include them in the new constitution .

No Kiev is trying to secure it's land from the armed separatists movement in the country of Ukraine backed by Russia with weapons troops and money they are sending into Ukraine.

You should also know the separatists have some things they need to do also, but seem to want to ignore their duties for this agreement.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join