It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New White House Campaign Will Encourage Legal Immigrants to Become Citizens

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Do you think it's 'right' for the US government charge 8.8 million immigrants $680 a pop to become US citizens.

That's much cheaper than what it costs to go the current process. Why do you take issue with it? What is the government going to do with those funds, other than recoup costs that we are going to pay upfront?

Second issue Do see you nothing wrong with adding 8.8 million new voters so close to the election cycle?

No. I'd welcome them to our great Republic and invite them to take part in the process. If the GOP's platform and policy was as good as some claim, why are you or they worried?

That wreaks of how desperate the current presidents party is for voters, and cash.

Not really. It shows how far you're going to make this some sort of conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: DBCowboy

Can you show they don't?

Pretty broad claim to know the voting record of all immigrants.

We always hear they don't like illegal immigration, well within their rights, so why wouldn't they vote for the party most staunchly against it?

I didn't realize sarcasm was against the T&C's here. I'm sorry.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Maybe if Repubs weren't so aggressively anti-immigrant and xenophobic, those could be new Republican voters. Sucks to be you. Muahahaha! And for anyone reading who's a new US citizen, is thinking about moving to the US, or is in the process of becoming a US citizen: you're completely welcome on the left! We'll accept you for who you are, won't demand you speak "American" to be here, and want you to have a slice of the American Dream too!

Didn't Krazyshot do a thread on the shrinking pro-Repub demographics not too long ago? You'd think conservatives would learn by now & realize that they need more voters to support them in the near future. So your thread should be about "How can Republicans win the potential new citizens to our side?" Instead, you pulled the "it's new so let's kneejerk attack it" card.
edit on 17-9-2015 by enlightenedservant because: typos. typos everywhere. should've calmed down before posting. this hershey's bar has me HYPE

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Oh so it was sarcasm, gotcha.
So what were you making fun of then?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Maybe if Repubs weren't so aggressively anti-immigrant and xenophobic, those could be new Republican voters.

RIght I forgot expecting people to actually follow the laws of this country makes them 'anti immigran't' or 'xenophobic'.

How about they actually believe that no person, or group of people is above the laws of this country'.

But I digress that makes them 'anti immigrant.xenophobic'.

Be nice if the people who throw those terms around actually knew what they meant.

Didn't Krazyshot do a thread on the shrinking pro-Repub demographics not too long ago? You'd think conservatives would learn by now & realize that they need more voters to support them in the near future. So your thread should be about "How can Republicans win the potential new citizens to our side?" Instead, you pulled the "it's new so let's kneejerk attack it" card. edit on 17-9-2015 by enlightenedservant because: typos. typos everywhere. should've calm

I wouldnt put too much stock in that thread considering since the CLinton administration Republican crtitics have for decades tried to make people from other countries voters ILLEGALLY.

Guess them Republican critics should stop ALIENATING us legals.
edit on 17-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Mainly democrats. They don't really have a sense of humor. Republicans are no great jokers either though. Everyone cheats and games the system during election time. This is just another attempt to game the system. With historic low voter turnout, it's easy to do.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Maybe if Repubs weren't so aggressively anti-immigrant and xenophobic, those could be new Republican voters.

RIght I forgot expecting people to actually follow the laws of this country makes them 'anti immigran't' or 'xenophobic'.

How about they actually believe that no person, or group of people is above the laws of this country'.

But I digress that makes them 'anti immigrant.xenophobic'.

Be nice if the people who throw those terms around actually knew what they meant.

This thread is about legal immigrants potentially becoming new citizens. Yet the OP is still doom & gloom, anti-legal immigrants becoming citizens. Also, you had a reply where you posted this:

Do you think it's 'right' for the US government charge 8.8 million immigrants $680 a pop to become US citizens.

That's the first issue.

Second issue Do see you nothing wrong with adding 8.8 million new voters so close to the election cycle?

That wreaks of how desperate the current presidents party is for voters, and cash.

Even though it was already shown to you that this thread is about legal immigrants becoming citizens, you still have a problem with it. That wreaks of being anti-immigrant. Why do you think people become immigrants in the first place? some want to go to school or work, which are both temporary conditions. But others, like the ones mentioned here, want to become citizens of a new country. so why do you have a problem w/that if not because of being anti-immigrant?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

This thread is about legal immigrants potentially becoming new citizens. Yet the OP is still doom & gloom, anti-legal immigrants becoming citizens. Also, you had a reply where you posted this:

That's a clear failure of reading. That is not what this thread is about.

Even though it was already shown to you that this thread is about legal immigrants becoming citizens, you still have a problem with it.

Still another FAIL

Because for the third time it was about LEGALS getting charge 680 a pop to the tune of 6 billion dollars.

While other people don't pay squat.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Mainly democrats. They don't really have a sense of humor. Republicans are no great jokers either though. Everyone cheats and games the system during election time. This is just another attempt to game the system. With historic low voter turnout, it's easy to do.

With the GOP alienating women, minorities, Trump dissing people in the military and senior citizens...Just who exactly is the demographic that the Republicans are trying to appeal to? White Christians?

2016 will be a record turnout...but Jeb will still take the POTUS. I'll bet my hanging chads on it!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Talk about fail, who is getting offered citizenship and not paying?

Again the qualifier there is CITIZENSHIP, compare apples to apples.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Let's see...encouraging legal Immigrants to become citizens. More voters, more income for the government without raising taxes. Downside? None. Great!

Worried about them voting for Democrats? Get a freakin Republican candidate who doesn't alienate them and that's not a problem either.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Alright if you say so.

GOP evil, yadda,yadda,yadda for expecting people to act like adults.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

LOL Legal immigrants have always been charged money to become citizens. And nobody's forcing the ones who don't want to become citizens into spending that money.

And for all of the potential new citizens, the Left wants you here! We'll accept you as you are. Plus, I'd rather have fellow US citizens who actually want to be Americans than those Americans that always threaten to secede when they don't get their way.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Talk about fail, who is getting offered citizenship and not paying?

Again the qualifier there is CITIZENSHIP, compare apples to apples.

Glad you asked!

The Seven Amnesties Passed by Congress

No cash.

No plastic.

No $680.

NO problemo.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: olaru12

Alright if you say so.

GOP evil, yadda,yadda,yadda for expecting people to act like adults.

No. It's just the GOP needs real candidates that aren't wackos. Then we wouldn't have an issue.

I've got close associates that are hispanic. Hard working, tax paying, registered voting American Citizens. They will not be voting for Trump. He's alienated them.

This is the whole problem with GOP Candidates.. most of them.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: DBCowboy

With the GOP alienating women, minorities, Trump dissing people in the military and senior citizens...Just who exactly is the demographic that the Republicans are trying to appeal to? White Christians?

2016 will be a record turnout...but Jeb will still take the POTUS. I'll bet my hanging chads on it!!!

I hope not. I haven't found anyone that I like enough to vote for yet. But it's still early. Everyone games their demographics. All politicians lie, promise, beg, cheat, in order to get votes. It's what politicians do. Their main job is to get elected. It isn't to actually lead people. They probably don't even care about their voters after the election.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Oh, are we going to act like that gives them citizenship?

Because the answer is it doesn't.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
So what exactly is the issue?

Didn't Reagan legalize some 10 million illegals back in the 80s?

Oh that's right, this is a Democrat that's encouraging LEGAL immigrants to become citizens so it must be a ploy to gain more votes!

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Looks like the Democrats are doing all they can in a desperate attempt to lock in votes for 2016.

After last years devastating failure, they need all the help they can get.

And it's odd that they would need a "push" and "nudge" effort to get legal residents to go all the way.

I bet the surveys and studies done ahead of this sudden announcement show many residents may not want full Citizenship !!

I hear knees rattling and I see nerves shattering as usual.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like the Democrats are doing all they can in a desperate attempt to lock in votes for 2016.

After last years devastating failure, they need all the help they can get.

And it's odd that they would need a "push" and "nudge" effort to get legal residents to go all the way.

I bet the surveys and studies done ahead of this sudden announcement show many residents may not want full Citizenship !!

I hear knees rattling and I see nerves shattering as usual.

Maybe they did their 'behavioral' modeling for it too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join