It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany Police Shoot Berlin Islamist After Knife Attack

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

what some people dont see and others dont want to admit is that people who already dont feel they belong are more easily turned toward extremism. It doesnt matter if a person is in a cult, an extreme christian group or islam. What matters is that there are certain groups of people that more EASILY gravitate towards violence and anti social behavior.

Now....if it just so happens that a particular religion or culture places an importance on not integrating in the ways that count it is inevitable some members of that group will feel out of place and feel the need to assert themselves in an attempt to create an identity for tnemselves. I think some groups may have a more difficult time dealing with those kinds of pressures. The teenage years are hard enough even among your own peer group, but take teens and young adults who are not only dealing with the typical issues of coming of age, identity etc, but add on top of that the clash of traditional, religious, cultural issues and you have a very potentially dangerous combination.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Dude, we agreed on the 500 British Muslims becoming terrorists by joining ISIS.
My perspective is UK based, whatever is happening in the US is not my concern, I am just asserting that there is a greater percentage of UK born terrorists of Islamic faith than any other social demographic.

It is up to you to more than 500+ British Christians/Sikhs/Hindu's who are terrorists. You can't.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I guess we will read a lot of threads like this on ATS, every time a Muslim does a crime, every time a Muslim farts and every time a Muslim brings a selfmade clock to school.

Not that it is not worth to discuss it, but I hope not everything will be linked to the refugee crises.

...well... hope dies at last.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: grainofsand

Is the only qualifier for all of this that they join isis?
Because there is plenty in the sources I listed about who is killing who in other countries.

Also assumption to say those people joined to kill non believers when ISIS kills plenty of muslims as well

That's the point I was trying to make in all this humbug, IS is a supposed sect, the followers of Wahabi, and IS fighting in mainly Muslim states will kill, or subdue any who they see as sects of Muslim who don't come up to their muster, as well as kill groups within Muslim like gays, who come even less to muster, supposedly in their minds, in as many terrible ways as possible, on the face of it, to be imagined. The Nazis did that too, deliberately, the Polish killed thousands of domestic Germans for no good reason. How so alike is IS, how so suspicious is the whole scenario.
edit on 17-9-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I am just asserting that there is a greater percentage of UK born terrorists of Islamic faith than any other social demographic.

Can you show that people from the UK are not joining any other groups?

I don't think you could really show that claim, and the 500 joining does not prove that because you are only showing ONE demographic. Can't prove something with one example when you are comparing it to more.

Also, where is the proof they are going over to fight for ISIS? Like how does one verify that?
Couldn't they be joining anti-Assad groups?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Either way, there is a higher percentage of British Muslim terrorists than any other religion or social demographic.
500+ fighting for ISIS, never mind the attacks in the UK (Lee Rigby et al), it is a fact whether any of us like it or not.
If you disagree then present a figure of British Christians/Sikh's/Hindu's equal to the 500+ Muslim traitors I've mentioned.
You can't, for obvious reasons.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

You are grasping at straws now, hahaha, come on, show me even 100 British Sikhs joining terrorist organisations which are enemies of the UK.
Give it up fella, you know you can't. Your argument is lame, and becoming childlike.
Come on, link me all those Christian terrorist fighters from the UK.
You can't.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

>Groan<

I see the interwebs is fully of plonkers today...

Once again - it is concerning that a convicted, foreign terrorist cannot be deported if they are a registered asylum seeker. With the influx we are having, my concern is that we may well be stuck with a great many people (even if only 1% of them are of ill will) that we cannot send back home, because we granted them refugee status in a hurry because of this crisis.

Okay, I'm called a plonker, yet you are surmising. There is no substantiated evidence of what you claim, and anyway, a person who has been given asylum and commits a crime, can as part of their punishment, be deported.

Whether that decision is turned around on appeal is something different. You have to ask yourself why?

edit on 17/9/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: Typo

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I am not grasping at anything.
But whatever, agree that people joining ISIS is bad but disagree that it some how shows there is disproportion in who wants to kill people.

You haven't presented jack but want to claim you know the facts. I think that is hilarious.
I have linked over and over again other terrorist groups, but you just hide behind the show me the list when you never even did it your self.

Going to ask again how we know all 500 went to fight for ISIS, prove that first before you can make the claim every single one is a terrorist and that some how proves anything.

edit on thThu, 17 Sep 2015 16:44:26 -0500America/Chicago920152680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Nope, it is up to you to show this 'equal' number of Sikh/Christian/Hindu terrorists who have come from the UK, and you can't lol.
Oh and the 500+ Brits may be fighting for Assad now you say?!! Hahahaha! You really are clutching at straws now, ohmygosh interaction with you tonight is actually hilarious!

*Edit*
Here you go:
MI5.gov.uk

Syria has become a particularly attractive destination for UK extremists wishing to engage in violent jihad. Hundreds of British extremists have travelled there, a significant proportion of whom joined the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL). The nature of the conflict in Syria and presence of ISIL and Al Qaida-affiliated groups such as the Al Nusra Front (ANF) make the country a significant potential source of threats to the UK and UK interests overseas.

Now, show me a 'significant proportion' of hundreds of another social demographic who have joined enemies of the UK.
edit on 17.9.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

*Edit*
You can't can you?
Come on, I'm disappointed now, you talk the talk, now walk the walk maybe?
Show me just one link to support claims that there is even an equal number of Sikhs/Christians/Hindus who have joined terrorist organisations which are enemies of the UK state. You can't lol, and my original statements in this thread stand quite well.
You have nothing but personal opinion.
edit on 17.9.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: smurfy

Numerous outlets are reporting the cop was stabbed and the guy was shot, so I'm not sure where you're getting that she was shot.

It says she was shot on the BBC link,

"The policewoman, 44, was also shot in the exchange. Her condition is described as serious but stable."

Link to file for clarity,
files.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry I didn't get back sooner but my monitor keeps going blank...not off just going blank.
edit on 17-9-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
ISIS are very, very good at propaganda.

Of course they are going to claim that they are smuggling their people in with refugees. Its a genius tactic on their part because it means the people running away from them are made to suffer as well by those who lap up such statements as "proof" without logically thinking them through, and actually give in to terrorism by proxy.

This guy was one former asylum seeker, who had been in country for a considerable number of years. His actions prove nothing, and can't really be used as a future example. How many ex-pat Brits or Americans have committed murders in their new country? Does that mean that new people emigrating from those countries are going to be murderers? No. But the odd one or two might be. That's the way of the world.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Has everyone forgot we are at #ing war? That this culture breeds those we are at war with? It's completely insane.

When you say "this culture", which one do you mean?
I can see that the Western culture(s) has bred ill feeling, and I can see that the Middle Eastern culture(s) have bred ill-feeling.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Police in Berlin have shot dead an Islamist who stabbed and seriously injured a policewoman.

Rafik Yousef, who was born in Iraq, had previously been jailed for involvement in a plot to kill Iraq's former prime minister Iyad Allawi in Berlin in 2004.

The policewoman, 44, was also shot in the exchange. Her condition is described as serious but stable.
Officials said Yousef should have been wearing an electronic tag as part of his parole conditions.

The officers had been called to reports of a man threatening passersby in the suburb of Spandau with a knife.

Germany Police Shoot Berlin Islamist After Knife Attack

A sign of things to come?

Apparently, he was a convicted terrorist who was supposed to be tagged and after his was released they were unable to deport him as he was a registered asylum seeker.

I'm surprised this news event is being flagged a bit more..

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Siddharta
I guess we will read a lot of threads like this on ATS, every time a Muslim does a crime, every time a Muslim farts and every time a Muslim brings a selfmade clock to school.

Not that it is not worth to discuss it, but I hope not everything will be linked to the refugee crises.

...well... hope dies at last.

Kind of odd did you just link the student clock maker in the US to the refugee issue in Europe?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Yes, but they can be deported Nef - Asylum seekers/finders cannot.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
ISIS are very, very good at propaganda.

Of course they are going to claim that they are smuggling their people in with refugees. Its a genius tactic on their part because it means the people running away from them are made to suffer as well by those who lap up such statements as "proof" without logically thinking them through, and actually give in to terrorism by proxy.

This guy was one former asylum seeker, who had been in country for a considerable number of years. His actions prove nothing, and can't really be used as a future example. How many ex-pat Brits or Americans have committed murders in their new country? Does that mean that new people emigrating from those countries are going to be murderers? No. But the odd one or two might be. That's the way of the world.

Agreed, and the same kind of thing has been utilised politically, and strategically in so many different ways in the past as well in false flags, with same end result, a fear and damnation of ordinary people who have feck all to do with anything...and is cheap as chips.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

a reply to: neformore

Yes, but they can be deported Nef - Asylum seekers/finders cannot.

Yes they can and many are given deportation orders as a further punishment to prison time. Rightly so.

If someone finds it difficult to settle into our society and as a result find themselves in prison for a heinous crime, then they need to be deported from the country that welcomed them.

And that law exists in the U.K.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Not really what I was talking about, was it?

I wasn't saying that all these migrants are Jihadi's, I was bringing up the point that if people are granted asylum status and turn out to be terrorists, then that country that has accepted them is stuck with them. Given the volume that Germany proposes to accept, there is a good chance IS (if what they say is true) have infiltrated a good number which the Germans, upon granting asylum status, are stuck with.

It seems to me you and your friend (who also has reading comprehension issues) are trying to paint the situation that I am some kind of racist or bigot attempting to portray all Muslims as terrorists. That is not the case.

I assure you that there's no lack of comprehension. A quick look at other threads you've created is enough to inform any thinking person that you are also representing a particular agenda. The OP handily serves ulterior purposes for various propaganda techniques; saturation, guilt by association, conflation, etc.

I suppose we should just ignore the context and pretend that you simply wished to address the shortcomings of German immigration law? What about the absence of discussion of which law prevented the perpetrator's deportation and how it could be addressed? Spare me the sanctimonious diatribe, please! You chose an excerpt that made no mention of your alleged topic and the first of your two lines of commentary was:

A sign of things to come?

In my opinion you're protestations are disingenuous but in the interest of promoting useful discussion, I'll pretend otherwise and ask you the following questions:

1. What specifically prevented his deportation? Was it German immigration law or something stemming from a multinational agreement?

2. In particular, the mention of electronic tracking leads me to believe it's the former and in that case, wouldn't the obvious answer be for the German legislature to address the law?

3. If German law already prescribes electronic tracking devices, why didn't this man have one? Perhaps the real deficiency isn't the law but rather the agencies Germany has enforcing it?

In any case, wouldn't this be an issue for the Germans to resolve? Which brings me back to the beginning of this post; do you have a particular interest in German immigration law or do you only care to discuss it as it pertains to terrorists and refugees from predominately Islamic countries?

edit on 2015-9-17 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

I think that ATS lost it's members, who deny ignorance. This little fellow was just suspected as a bomber, because people in the USA are running mad. Imagine how this would reflect on his notes at school if it wouldn't have gone through the media worldwide.

A lot of members here are not caring for ignorance anymore, but celebrating it. Numbers are thrown in, false claims are repeated again and again.

We have big problems over here. Logistical problems, financial problems and human problems. But as you can see in this thread nobody is talking about that. Every now and then somebody jumps in and tells about the end of the world, ISIS (I bet they are glad they are mentioned in every second post) - it's like those doomsday and wwiii threads.

ATS is only lamenting and whining. I hope the politicians will be a little more quickly with new solutions. Indeed quick solutions are needed. And we are far away from that. Maybe ATS is just a mirror of the Realpolitik after all.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join