It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany Police Shoot Berlin Islamist After Knife Attack

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

Rafik Yousef, who was born in Iraq, had previously been jailed for involvement in a plot to kill Iraq's former prime minister Iyad Allawi in Berlin in 2004.

The policewoman, 44, was also shot in the exchange. Her condition is described as serious but stable.
Officials said Yousef should have been wearing an electronic tag as part of his parole conditions.

The officers had been called to reports of a man threatening passersby in the suburb of Spandau with a knife.

Germany Police Shoot Berlin Islamist After Knife Attack

A sign of things to come?

Apparently, he was a convicted terrorist who was supposed to be tagged and after his was released they were unable to deport him as he was a registered asylum seeker.

I read the OP link.... found this blurb:

..."He had been convicted of being a member of a terrorist association and of being involved in a plot to murder the Iraqi prime minister," Berlin police said on Twitter (in German).

In 2008 he was jailed for eight years but was freed in 2013, banned from leaving Berlin and required to wear an electronic tag.

Just what is the Sign-of-things-to-come ? sloppy criminal justice supervision or lax supervision of an Anarchist with a penchant to kill political foes from Iraq

the knife wielder had in 2004 sought fellowship with other wanna be political assassins/terrorists/anarchists in a conspiracy to kill an Iraqi prime minister

how come he got sentenced to 8 years of prison some 4 years after the plot was discovered? then released 3 years earlier (probably for 'good behavior'?) than the 2016 sentence release date ?

the person was a habitual criminal minded guy, what's with threatening passers-by with a knife so a police woman had to intervene in his hostile actions, & get stabbed in the process...

in my book, that dangerous criminal should have been fitted with a collar bomb that would go off if he even got in 3 meters of another tagged criminal on parole-probation for more than 3 minutes-- or wandered into a NO-GO Zone
or was ever caught without his tag/monitor/collar....he sure sends a message that the whole group of ME refugees that practice Muslimism need vetted a whole lot more than non Islamists...
I recall that the Irish & IRA suspects were investigated intensely, so stop being politically correct with Arabs/Semites/Persians, et al

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

My point was never to say people weren't going over to fight with them.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

He was in the process of stabbing a Police Officer who was trying to disarm him (she actually got shot herself) - as for Gun laws, I suspect you're a Yank making a sarcastic comment - go an learn something. Gun laws vary wildly across Europe and Germany actually allows public and concealed carry licenses.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I really don't think I need to explain myself again - go and read my posts to the other chap. It's not my problem if you can't read a thread.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: Sremmos80

Ah, I see, you're splitting hairs now....

Ok, he wasn't an asylum seeker, he was an asylum finder, considering it was granted.

Either way, that was not really my point.

Again, I'll explain....

If what IS have claimed is true and they are smuggling in Jihadi's amongst the migrants and they are granted asylum status, then how on earth are they going to deal with the problem if they cannot deport them?

My point had not a great deal to do with this specific fellow, but rather the over-arching problem posed.

Get it now? Probably not..

So ISIS have had sleepers in Europe for twenty years?

If what ISIS claims is true? Surely you only accept substantiated evidence before you post such things?

There's been a threat from Islamists in the U.K ever since we invaded Iraq. There's been several successful and many foiled, if what we are being told is the truth. So, yeah you're probably right, more to come, but not necessarily from the influx, more likely from the inside.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

And my original point here was clearly that there is a certain social demographic which is producing a higher percentage of folk in the UK who wish to kill non-Muslims. You disagreed, citing another posters view of Christian terrorists, I scoffed at that and mentioned the 500 British Muslim enemies of the UK who have joined ISIS.

You fail to provide 500 UK Christians/Sikh's/Hindu's who are enemies of people of different religion because you know you can't
My original statements stand well.

Islam for whatever reason has a higher percentage of folk certainly in my country who wish to kill non-believers.
Come on, show me your link fest again saying that ain't true? Show me just a hundred Sikh's who have joined terrorist enemies of the UK.
You can't.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

>Groan<

I see the interwebs is fully of plonkers today...

Once again - it is concerning that a convicted, foreign terrorist cannot be deported if they are a registered asylum seeker. With the influx we are having, my concern is that we may well be stuck with a great many people (even if only 1% of them are of ill will) that we cannot send back home, because we granted them refugee status in a hurry because of this crisis.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Why did the police need to shoot him? He only had a knife. Even still, they could have just shot his toe off or something and that probably would've stopped him.

Hopefully somebody will make a move in Germany to ban guns so this never happens again. Having one of the most stringent set of gun laws in Europe should have been enough to prevent this, since we all know that banning guns entirely prevents all crime. Very hard to understand how something like this happened even though guns are tightly controlled there.

The policewoman was also shot, maybe this was a case of being in the act of stabbing the policewoman, It's not clear.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Is the only qualifier for all of this that they join isis?
Because there is plenty in the sources I listed about who is killing who in other countries.

Also assumption to say those people joined to kill non believers when ISIS kills plenty of muslims as well

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Police in Berlin have shot dead an Islamist who stabbed and seriously injured a policewoman.

I think he only had a knife and sweetheart accidentally shot herself.

The officers had been called to reports of a man threatening passersby in the suburb of Spandau with a knife.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Probably prevented deaths, one guy with a gun can do much more damage than a knife and at much faster rate.

Or can we only politicize this for pro gun?
You know since this didn't involve a gun... and no one died, well besides the attacker, I don't see what guns have to do with this.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

OK. Think about how many terrorist attacks there have been in the U.S in the last 10 years and then look at the demographic of them? Most have them have been white male Americans.
All this started because of 9/11 and it is highly debatable that it was caused by Muslims.

It's easy to fear and be scared of people different than you, it takes courage to not submit to that fear and realise that the majority of all humans are good people regardless of colour or religion. That's why I applaud Sremmos80, he has the courage to not submit to the fear and not submit to the anti-refugee/anti-islamic posters on this site.
Have some compassion, most of these refugees were regular Syrian who had jobs and homes before the civil war started.
Syrians are lovely people and they deserve to not live in fear of death to them or their families, which is what most of the refugees faced on a daily basis.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Hahaha! Whatever fella, just ignore me if you can't bring at least 500 Christian/Sikh/Hindu terrorists to the table.
You are desperately looking for an angle to disagree and you are failing miserably.
500+ Muslims have left the UK to become terrorists.
In my original post I said I could raise you hundreds of Muslim terrorists compared the the Christian terrorists mentioned by the other member I was originally replying to.

You got involved and asked me to do it, I did easily.
...now, show me those 500+ Christian/Hindu/Sikh terrorists from or in Britain. Come on, I'm waiting lol.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: harvestdog
I think he only had a knife and sweetheart accidentally shot herself.
Wow, patronising statement to make or what.
A police officer got stabbed and you use belittling terms like sweetheart.
You show your true colours there, we would not be friends it may please you to know.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Numerous outlets are reporting the cop was stabbed and the guy was shot, so I'm not sure where you're getting that she was shot.

Either way, knives should be banned. It's just a shame this guy didn't understand that strict gun control is supposed to stop all violent crime from happening. What on earth possessed him to get a knife so he could attack people?!?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Yes if your ONLY qualifier is to show them joining ISIS I can't show that.
But if you are going to use that to say that it proves that they are more willing to kill non believers or people in general then that is disingenuous as there is plenty of proof that we just have a problem of people killing people in general.
aattp.org...
scroll.in...

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

It's just a shame this guy didn't understand that strict gun control is supposed to stop all violent crime from happening.

No one has ever said that is the point Sham. Agreed people are going to hurt people if they want.

What we do see is man that wanted to hurt people but maybe couldn't get his hands on a gun and it may have saved lives.
You think we would be seeing the same injuries if he had a gun?
Still confused what gun control has to do with this though, since the only gun used was by the LE.

The policewoman, 44, was also shot in the exchange. Her condition is described as serious but stable.

From the OP, says she was shot, so if he didn't have a gun who shot her.
edit on thThu, 17 Sep 2015 16:08:40 -0500America/Chicago920154080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Again, whatever fella, joining ISIS makes one a terrorist do you not think?
I presented 500+ British Muslims joining a terrorist organisation and assert that the Muslims of the UK have a higher percentage of terrorists compared to any other social demographic.
Unlucky, but my original statements stand very well.

...now, where is your list of hundreds of British Sikh/Christian/Hindu terrorists?
You haven't got one, obviously, so how about taking the blinkers off and admit there is a problem among the Muslim community of the UK which is pretty much non-existent in any other religion, or lack thereof.

Why is that so hard for you to face, and admit? It is a fact, and facts are not hateful or bigoted in themselves, just facts.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

The lists are right there...
aattp.org...
scroll.in...
I'll post them again since you seem to have missed it.

You didn't present jack btw, I presented the 500 number. All you have done is just say things but haven't backed it up.
Joining ISIS does make you a terrorist sure, but I don' think it is out of the realm of possibility to say that people from the UK are joining other groups too. That is just speculation though.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I don't even know you buddy, so i think its safe to say we wouldn't be friends anyway. How should I have phrased that for you?
She got stabbed. Yes.
Did she get shot? i don't know.
The news article stated she did, but that could be incorrect.
If she did, maybe she shot herself.
For all i know, I think women are better off staying inside for the most part.
They are great to let go out and play with animals and go out on vacation with.
I'm not sure i want a woman enforcing law because they could hurt themselves.
I'm not cool with that.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join