It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women's Health System Unready For Planned Parenthood Cuts

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

This would be a very simple fix for PP. Just split their abortion service off from the rest.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Yeah, as someone who grew up a small town environment, I remember going to the local PP clinic ... Oh wait, no I never did because PP never thought that small town areas were worthwhile.

So, for many people, this wouldn't change anything.

How many people would it change nothing for?

Do you have any ... evidence? a study that's been done? a reasonable interpolation from some sort of actual ... data?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

This would be a very simple fix for PP. Just split their abortion service off from the rest.

It IS split off from the rest. A good many PP clinics don't provide abortions, and the fact that they aren't allowed to use federal funds to fund abortions means they have to have separate accounting books for it as well.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I do not believe in ANY government subsidies. But you saying churches receive funding from the government is not exactly true. They receive tax-exempt status. They get to keep their money earned without paying like us regular folk. That is not right and I will scream that from the rooftops.
edit on 17/9/2015 by harvestdog because: forgot y

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
not to mention that a lot of that $500 million in funds from the gov't is coming from medicaid payments for services rendered! ya know, like the person goes in for a service, presents their medicaid card, and pp charges medicaid for the service, or denies it if it's something they don't cover, like abortions.

catholic charities is a religious group that all kinds of things that helps communities from operating food banks to offering counseling sessions, they also get funding from the gov't, but none of it goes back to the catholic church and they have policies in place to insure that spreading religious doctrines. but, their head is appointed by the pope I do believe and is answerable to him.

ya know what, I'd be more concerned with this......

The state did not withdraw its original list without a fight. When pressured by Judge deGravelles, an attorney for Louisiana stood by the list, saying it represented every provider in the state that had used a family-planning billing code for insurance reimbursement.

www.motherjones.com...

you'll have to go to the site to see the transcript of the exchange between the Judge and the attorneys, but what it breaks down to were the attorneys were claiming that ophthalmologists; nursing homes caregivers; dentists; ear, nose, and throat doctors; and even cosmetic surgeons, had charged medicaid for family planning services in the past.

I'd be more worried about just how the medicaid money was being used overall, and looking at far more than just planned parenthood for fraud and deceit!

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

catholic charities??? and a whole lot more....

www.sfchronicle.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yes, it's all a game. The Republicans don't want to shut down PP, but they have to appear like they are doing something, so they play petty games like this.

I hope people can see pass the charades.

they shut down the government 2 years ago.....wasn't a game back then.....American's bond rating got cut, adding BILLIONS OF DOLLARS in interest rates to holders of our debt, domestic and foreign....I guess FOX NEWS and Limbaugh don't mention that....

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: harvestdog

I do not believe in ANY government subsidies. But you saying churches receive funding from the government is not exactly true. They receive tax-exempt status. They get to keep their money earned without paying like us regular folk. That is not right and I will scream that from the rooftops.

and they can claim all their workers are "volunteers for the lord" and guilt those people into not paying them a wage....you know...just like us "regular folk"

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Thank you for backing me up. I do not believe in any form of subsidies from the federal government to private organisations. Everyone should be on a level playing field. I do not believe anyone should be able to skirt the law, but i also believe we all have a right to donate our time and resources without the government sticking their dirty hands in our affairs.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Now I see a popular argument is made from the people who want to defund Planned Parenthood.

Why does planned parenthood exist today ?

After the ACA planned parenthood doesn't need to exist.

If 'universal' healthcare comes around planned parenthood doesn't need to exist.

Gonna have to give it up sooner or later.

Thats not to mention that since medicaid was created PP shouldn't even exist.

Can't have that cake and eat it too.

And especially since PP was created by a RACIST.
edit on 17-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: harvestdog
a reply to: jimmyx

Thank you for backing me up. I do not believe in any form of subsidies from the federal government to private organisations. Everyone should be on a level playing field. I do not believe anyone should be able to skirt the law, but i also believe we all have a right to donate our time and resources without the government sticking their dirty hands in our affairs.

Yet, I'm sure you enjoy up to date and fairly accurate weather reports, don't you? Satellite feeds? Medicines that actually work? Low cost foods and other goods via the interstate highway system? Most of the national power grid? The fact that planes don't usually crash into each other or into the ground?

You can thank the People working through Government for that.

It's not a simplistic nor black-and-white question.
edit on 15Thu, 17 Sep 2015 15:22:12 -050015p032015966 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Now I see a popular argument is made from the people who want to defund Planned Parenthood.

Why does planned parenthood exist today ?

If 'universal' healthcare comes around planned parenthood doesn't need to exist.

Gonna have to give it up sooner or later.

Can't have that cake and eat it too.

And especially since PP was created by a RACIST.

Why?

or conversely

Why not?

where appropriate ...

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Wrong. The reason that Hobby Lobby won their case was because Planned Parenthood and Title X already exist.

That makes no sense. Many doctors don't take Medicare and Medicaid, but Planned Parenthood does. Medicare and Medicaid are not "doctors and clinics" they're insurance providers.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

if you had read some of the links that were posted, you'd understand why.....

but here's a clue....
there's doctors who will take medicaid, there's doctors who won't... and there's people who really need help with getting healthcare that don't qualify for any....
and, don't bother arguing with me about it...you'll lose!

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

if you had read some of the links that were posted, you'd understand why.....

but here's a clue....
there's doctors who will take medicaid, there's doctors who won't... and there's people who really need help with getting healthcare that don't qualify for any....
and, don't bother arguing with me about it...you'll lose!

You know that those are just statements in the form of questions, right Dawn?

Cowardly rhetoric at best.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

at least I answer their questions, over and over again...
still waiting for mine to be answered.....

won't hold my breath though....

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
All 5% of them. I think they'll figure something out.

There are plenty of other income assistance places that will help them out. We aren't going to have pregnant women languishing in the streets.

When it comes to women's bodies and issues relating to them "If I have no say, then I no pay"

and yet men receive medical help through Medicare, veterans administration, government employee medical benefits for their own genitals....which a woman doesn't have....so, the women of this country should say, "if I have no say, then I no pay"...

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

When it comes to women's bodies and issues relating to them "If I have no say, then I no pay"

can't for the life of me figure out why any man would feel they have a say in a women's pap smear, or breast exam....
but, I imagine you are just talking about the birth control and abortion, huh?
interesting note here.....
it wasn't till the 1970's or 1980's that it started to become illegal for a man to rape his wife....
and still in many states, there's alot of conditions on the laws that make it illegal... and well, there are still quite a few men out there in the country who think that the marriage license gives them a sex on demand priviledge.
so well, guess what I am saying it that when it seems that when it comes to where it's important-- the bedroom, well men have had far more say than women in the past!

We aren't going to have pregnant women languishing in the streets.

well, outside of the fact that the idea is to get the women who wish not to become pregnant on some form of reliable birth control so they don't become pregnant.....well, no they probably won't be dropping babies in the streets, but there's alot of prenatal care that goes on for those nine months and women who find themselves unable to get that care have more risk of having premature babies, unhealthy babies, and well increase risks to themselves. but well, continue on.....
personally I am hoping the women in the country start seeing the crap that is being pulled and just decide that the sex ain't worth the risks anymore......
let's see how fast those laws against marital rape go into oblivion...

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Looks like The House passed something .....

HR 421

House Roll Call Votes

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

think it's just the vote to schedule to bring the bills up on the floor to be discussed. they plan on voting for it tommorrow...

Boehner and Republican leaders tee up votes to cut Planned Parenthood
www.usatoday.com...

there's two bills, one would suspend the funding to planned parenthood for a year, I guess while they dig around till they find something that that warrants them suspending it.
the other is a bill that strengthens criminal penalties for anyone fails to provide medical care to a baby that survives an attempted abortion.
once a baby is born, regardless of weather it's the result of a failed abortion or natural birth, it is considered murder, so I don't see why this bill is really gonna do much. murder is murder. but well, ya know, they had a couple abortion survivors telling their stories and thought what they heard we so horrific, that they felt they had to do something.
but I don't believe either one was passed yet, and don't think they will make it through the senate anyways.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join