It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

72 virgins... Where do they find them?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
So i'm sure we have all heard of the 72 virgin story by now. My personal opinion on the matter is irrelevant to the question i'm about to pose.
So here goes.. If it's accepted that extremists and other such people will be greated in heaven by 72 virgins, where do they get these virgins?
In a culture where it is acceptable to rape, abuse and keep women as sex slaves how can there possibly be any virgin women left?
And wouldn't it for that matter require that these women have bodies in which can then be exploited to please these abhorrent men? Because it was to my understanding that we leave our bodies when we ascend (or descend) to our final place of rest.
What are other peoples opinions on this as i am genuinely interested in why this is an accepted ideal by so many when if you actually took a minute to think about it, it just isn't feesable in my opinion
-T

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: thomadom
So here goes.. If it's accepted that extremists and other such people will be greated in heaven by 72 virgins, where do they get these virgins?
In a culture where it is acceptable to rape, abuse and keep women as sex slaves how can there possibly be any virgin women left?

Where does it say that these 72 virgins are all going to be women?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That is a brilliant point! But from their perspective wouldn't that be hell? And as deserving as that is wouldn't a male virgin be much harder to find, considering it's the men who commit atrocities such as rape.
edit on 17 9 2015 by thomadom because: I didn't spell check

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

And as deserving as that is wouldn't a male virgin be much harder to find, considering it's the men who commit atrocities such as rape.

Not if they have all been playing World of Warcraft.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Where does it say that these 72 virgins are all going to be women?

Where does it say that Muslims who commit suicide will be rewarded "72 virigins"?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

If that's the case then surely the oppression of women can easily be ended by giving all extremists a laptop and a lifetime subscription to the game of their choice?
Why have western Governments overlooked this? Someone has seriously dropped the ball on that front

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Who cares? It was a joke.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
ahahah bang on augustus!

its most likely 72 boy virgins. - All the other virgin morons that blew themselves up thinking that they will be brought to paradise.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Maybe Allah creates them especially for the occasion. You would hope they all looked a little different, would be a let down if they were all identical. And if he creates them for the occasion then they would have no history or developed personality, so I suppose it would be like having 72 sex dolls made of very good quality polymers.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: thomadom

I agree. Get them all the beta test of Grand Theft Auto: Fallujah.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

You really over thought that scenario...

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Who cares? It was a joke.

More like slander.

But I get the plausible deniability factor.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I'm not interested in hard evidence that supports this idea. I am simply trying to understand why people choose to believe but aren't willing to analyse it's probability.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
More like slander.

Slander is spoken. Nice try.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

a reply to: Cinrad

You really over thought that scenario...

I'm in a weird mood tonight, its a stress response. I like it when it happens, better than having a couple of drinks to mellow out with.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: thomadom

From what I can see, forced sex (or peer pressured) and objectifying women is far more accepted in our own western lifestyle, than it is in the Muslim middle eastern lifestyle.

Personally, I think your just tripping and being completely bigoted. You should also get out a little more... Because the reality of western society is obviously completely lost on you!

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cinrad
I'm in a weird mood tonight, its a stress response. I like it when it happens, better than having a couple of drinks to mellow out with.

Can you do both and see what happens?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I think it shows the manmade nature of most religions. The men usually end up on top, the women not so much. I blame Eve

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
I think it shows the manmade nature of most religions. The men usually end up on top...

I am going to start a religion where the women are on top.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join