It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WARNING to all spiritual/religious people, Danger you need to be aware of

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I'm surprised so many debunk the Scripture....howabout you explain some on the math involved in that books track record...did you know of the 330 multi detailed prophecies that all came true....
in a world of spiritual warfare.....THE OP IS INVINCIBLE my friends....

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
I'm surprised so many debunk the Scripture....howabout you explain some on the math involved in that books track record...did you know of the 330 multi detailed prophecies that all came true....
in a world of spiritual warfare.....THE OP IS INVINCIBLE my friends....

Which prophecies? Got a link?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
hmmm... The opening post sounds a lot like
'Dr Neruda's 5th Interview' ..( Wingmakers )

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrConspiracy

originally posted by: flammadraco
a reply to: ReadyAREyou

Schizophrenia and religious delusions

The relationship between religion and schizophrenia is of particular interest to psychologists because of the similarities between religious experiences and psychotic episodes; religious experiences often involve auditory and/or visual hallucinations, and those with schizophrenia commonly report similar hallucinations, along with a variety of delusions and faulty beliefs.[4] A common report from those with schizophrenia is some type of a religious delusion - that is, they believe they are divine beings, God is talking to them, they are possessed by demons, etc.[5][6][7] In a study of patients with schizophrenia that had been previously admitted to a hospital, 24% had religious delusions.[8] This has led some researchers to question whether schizophrenia leads an individual to become more religious, or if intense religiosity leads to schizophrenia.[9] Trans-cultural studies have found religious delusions are much more common in schizophrenic patients who identify as Christian and/or reside in predominately Christian areas such as Europe or North America.[10][11] By comparison, patients in Japan much more commonly have delusions surrounding matters of shame and slander,[10] and in Pakistan matters of paranoia regarding relatives and neighbors.[11]

Source

"Religious people please find another post for yourself, you have absolutely nothing to add here other than "everybody is wrong"

I've heard the religious/schizophrenia comparison before. I actually find it rather silly.

Religion is a man made belief system. Schizophrenia is a genuine psychological disorder. Having faith in something based on your interpretation of the world and it's surroundings does not = psychological disorder.

Believing God is talking/contacting or making his presence known somehow should also not be taken as a psychological disorder. These "experiences" have been happening for many many years. They probably fall under the same category as alien abductions etc. Schizophrenics have an issue which often occurs a LOT and not just one or two "events" which is often the case when it comes to religious experiences that "changed" people.

If all religious people were schizophrenic or even just those who believe God has contacted them, I think they'd have other things happen to suggest the diagnosis.

So glad you find the comparison "Silly" but perhaps you could tell that to the experts, anyhow, have another read of the source I supplied you (Ive added again for ease of reference) and then look at the references at the foot of the page. Without sounding condescending, I'm more likely to believe what scientist have proven than your personal opinion on a conspiracy website.

Source

In a study of patients with schizophrenia that had been previously admitted to a hospital, 24% had religious delusions

A quarter of those admitted to hospital had religious delusions, that is a staggering number IMO, and what about all those who do not realise that have a mental health issue? They all come to ATS thinking they are the chosen ones and what's more astonishing is the number of religious folks who are enabling them and feeding into their delusions of grandeur.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

“When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called a Religion.”

Robert M. Pirsig

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I see medication has increased in price.
That's a real shame, isn't it!

edit on 21-9-2015 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I guess we just have to die before we can find out right? just like we have to pass it before we can read it.

edit on 21-9-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Neighbour you clearly cherry-picked your religious studies to the Abramic faiths. Study some more and look further.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Well I am not an atheist, I just happen to not follow an Abarahamic flavoured spiritual path, and the OP is talking about things which are an anathema to my spiritual understanding. Now it is all UPG (Unverified Personal Gnosis) after all, and debating that is like betting on pro-Wrestling, someone knows the outcome, just not you.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DumpMaster

Monkey souls.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Its certainly a worthy subject to discuss; however if you are in a state of "fear" or "anxiety" about it I don't believe you will be thinking clearly on these matters and are possibly being manipulated.

There is this alternative view as well, discussed in that interesting book "Proof of Heaven":

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Qumulys
I'm just sitting here wondering if the OP's gone and died to try and find the proof we demanded?

That would be rather awkward!

Very funny, but no, I think the OP has multiple ATS accounts and is busy playing mind games with another group of ATS members, instead of doing the right thing and responding to posts here on this thread... the one he/she started. So rude.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrConspiracy

Schizophrenia and religious delusions

The relationship between religion and schizophrenia is of particular interest to psychologists because of the similarities between religious experiences and psychotic episodes; religious experiences often involve auditory and/or visual hallucinations, and those with schizophrenia commonly report similar hallucinations, along with a variety of delusions and faulty beliefs.[4] A common report from those with schizophrenia is some type of a religious delusion - that is, they believe they are divine beings, God is talking to them, they are possessed by demons, etc.[5][6][7] In a study of patients with schizophrenia that had been previously admitted to a hospital, 24% had religious delusions.[8] This has led some researchers to question whether schizophrenia leads an individual to become more religious, or if intense religiosity leads to schizophrenia.[9] Trans-cultural studies have found religious delusions are much more common in schizophrenic patients who identify as Christian and/or reside in predominately Christian areas such as Europe or North America.[10][11] By comparison, patients in Japan much more commonly have delusions surrounding matters of shame and slander,[10] and in Pakistan matters of paranoia regarding relatives and neighbors.[11]

Source

"Religious people please find another post for yourself, you have absolutely nothing to add here other than "everybody is wrong"

I've heard the religious/schizophrenia comparison before. I actually find it rather silly.

Religion is a man made belief system. Schizophrenia is a genuine psychological disorder. Having faith in something based on your interpretation of the world and it's surroundings does not = psychological disorder.

Believing God is talking/contacting or making his presence known somehow should also not be taken as a psychological disorder. These "experiences" have been happening for many many years. They probably fall under the same category as alien abductions etc. Schizophrenics have an issue which often occurs a LOT and not just one or two "events" which is often the case when it comes to religious experiences that "changed" people.

If all religious people were schizophrenic or even just those who believe God has contacted them, I think they'd have other things happen to suggest the diagnosis.

So glad you find the comparison "Silly" but perhaps you could tell that to the experts, anyhow, have another read of the source I supplied you (Ive added again for ease of reference) and then look at the references at the foot of the page. Without sounding condescending, I'm more likely to believe what scientist have proven than your personal opinion on a conspiracy website.

Source

In a study of patients with schizophrenia that had been previously admitted to a hospital, 24% had religious delusions

A quarter of those admitted to hospital had religious delusions, that is a staggering number IMO, and what about all those who do not realise that have a mental health issue? They all come to ATS thinking they are the chosen ones and what's more astonishing is the number of religious folks who are enabling them and feeding into their delusions of grandeur.

If you don't want to listen to "someones opinion on a conspiracy website" you're in the wrong place.

Aslo, yeah, I do find it ridiculous that religious people are compared to schizophrenics. There will be some schizophrenic religious people just as there are non-religious schizophrenics.

But placing all religion and any experience that comes with it in to the realm of mental illness is misguided and quite offensive to many i'm sure. They don't have a mental illness, they just have different beliefs of what this world is, how to live our life, where we go and where we come from... all in a variety of intensities and systems.

Plus, if religion = mental illness.... mental illness is on a crazy downfall! Imagine all those mentally ill people from 100+ years ago across Europe and elsewhere... ouch!

Faith is not a mental illness. Religious experiences (visions etc) might be from another non religious/biological event. But what do we know? We can't prove they are, can we?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy

Perhaps you need to read my posts again!

Never said religious folk were schizophrenic. What I did say is those who show "delusions of grandeur" and religious could be suffering a mental illness.

An early warning symptom of schizophrenia is an intense interest in religion and feelings of grandeur, not in all cases but as shown at least 24% of those patients admitted to hospital.

So whilst I respect your opinion, it was misguided as you obviously misread what I had written.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

So 24% of schizophrenics have their first symptoms based on a religious experience, interest or event surrounding religion?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy

One of the early warning signs could be what I've mentioned, yes!

Google "Schizophrenia Symptoms + Religion"

Edit - to add, you've missed the combination of delusions of grandeur that I mentioned in my post.
edit on 24.9.2015 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join