It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need software to do math executables

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Hi all! I was wondering if any of you computer gurus knew of software that will create mathematical simulations as an .exe file. What I would like to do is create an economical sim where the user puts in different numbers and the program generates various results. I would like to make economic sims for various types of economic models to compare them over time to see what percentages of groups of peoples tend to either concentrate of lose wealth.

Any ideas anyone?

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Irie Pascal (Windows Edition) 2.5

www.soft32.com...

Do Your Math Homework In Maple

rocs.acomp.usf.edu...

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Thanks NetStorm. I looked at those and they seem to be above my computer literacy. Maybe something like a spreadhseet, where you could set variables, arguments, and functions, and then generate an output - only you can sit and watch things progress in real time for a year, a group of years, or whatever. Thanks for the effort though. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Maybe some of these then

dir.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I will have to do some more research on these. For the most part, there are so many utilities and software out there that it seemed a bit hard to find exactly what I am looking for. I had thought about just creating the thing in a web page use Javascripting, but I would have to learn it. I did, however, find a nice page that describes how to write Java scripts and what all the jargon means:

Java script tutorial

Thanks again!

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Never mind about Netstorm, just learn how to use Microsoft Excel.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer
Never mind about Netstorm, just learn how to use Microsoft Excel.

Well, I just downloaded OpenOffice, which has a comparable spreadsheet program. It does everything I would need so far as figuring out the numbers as you plug them in, but it would be nice to figure out a way to run it like a program over an elapsed time, or create something that people can look at without having to have the program, to see the results. I guess what I am trying to eventualy do is create a web interactive page where you can play with the numbers using an easy interface or maybe just download a custom executable that does the same thing. I could make a spreadsheet come close to what I want, but the only people that could use it would have to have the same software to see it work.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Visual basic can be integrated with Excel as can Visual C++. Visual Basic is the easier to learn, as it has a user friendly interface.

new topics

top topics

join