It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is your dream house haunted?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Thanks for your post TWILITE :thumbs:

Have you ever asked people you know (perhaps it's easier to ask those closest to you, like family/close friends or saying that, maybe the opposite works better in your circumstances - maybe open minded peers at work are more ideal to ask) whether they ever dream of a haunted house? So far out of the few I asked, most of them dream about it. How strange! And even more strange, is all have the same feature - that there's a part of the house (often old fashioned) that no one goes to because it's so frightening to go into that part

originally posted by: TWILITE22
a reply to: wtbengineer

that's why I replied to this thread I had a strange feeling others have had similar dreams. it's just bizarre cause I'm not one to believe in coincidence's.these are the only vivid dreams I've had multiple times throughout my life...what would be the reason for others having the same ones?
I don't think it's anything I'm doing in my life at the time that bring about nightmares they pop up once in awhile and then there gone.
I will say I don't buy into the classic dream explanations I think there is much more to it...what? I don't know I don't even have a theory.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aelfrede
Thanks for that intrptr :thumbs: (and sorry this is such a late reply!)

It is one 'angle' on the situation I consider (that it is all 'me').

However, it does feel very real - (like other dreams/dream states can as well) as if all that really is happening somewhere other than being the mere imaginings conjoured up by the brain

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Aelfrede

Most people have parts of their psyche that are to painful to look back at, usually associated with some trauma from the past.

That trauma can be frightening, is a part of our make up (attached) and is from the past (antique or old furnishings), in our "dream house" (self).

You may already be aware of a part of your past that was frightening to you, some event or events that were traumatizing. They are a part of your make up, but they aren't the real you. They have been added by someone else (the frightening faces residing in that scary part of your memories), or something else (events).

The most important thing for you to remember is that these events or memories are in the past, have already happened and can't harm you, other than they may influence your day time actions. After all, they are dreams, right? But for instance may have given you certain phobias, like a fear of the dark, heights or loud noises, etc. Or a fear of relationships, intimacy, trust, that kind of thing.

I don't know you or your past as well as you. Most of us are carrying some kind of baggage. The good thing is something is trying to show you this part of your self and your past so you can review it, resolve it, make your self whole again.

Just replying on what you have said in a general way. Like I said, I don't know if any of this applies to you.

When you are awake during the day, what place in your memory is painful, makes you fearful to look at?

You don't have to answer that, just consider if your real life past matches what happens in your dreams, in any way?

I have these recurring memories of real events in my life I can't remember, for I was drugged as a young child. I keep pressing my mind to go past the last barrier, the drinking of juice forced upon me by the camp counselors. But I just can't see beyond that point. There are these glimpse of things, but no real substance. Like I said I was drugged and unconscious.

Thats kind of like your dream, trying to see into those dark places, elusive and sort of frightening.

Thanks for the reply, best of luck to you on your life journey.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

a few months ago I dreamed or had a nightmare which is more appropriate where I interacted with unseen spirits or whatever they are I could feel myself being pushed or hit by something I couldn't see only to wake up during the act. It usually is a Victorian type house(maybe I lived in one in a past life,lol) with old furnishings. I wish I could bring myself to go through the whole house while dreaming maybe that would make them stop.
The feeling of being out of control having no control of the fear these nightmares brings especially the one of being underground and waking gasping for breath scare the living crap out of me. I've never known myself to be claustrophobic but since this nightmare I am now.
I'm not sure what causes them but knowing I'm not alone is a comfort that maybe either dreams are just random thoughts creeping into dreams or we are living another life in our dreams...I chose the latter,lol

My daughter has had dreams similar to mine one I had a few years back was almost Identical to mine. Another question I have is why remember only a handful of dreams/nightmare that stay with you throughout your life and others we can't remember the next morning.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I wish. Nothing that entertaining ever happens to me.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Sorry for late reply. That's terrible what happened to you as a child intrptr. I'm really sorry you had to go through that

Still a mystery what that's all about with that house. Funny how we dream at similar locations that we revisit time and again. A lot of the places I dream at (or remember dreaming at) are nothing like anywhere I know in physical. Towns don't seem like anywhere I remember in waking life.

Good luck on your journey too intrptr

originally posted by: intrptr

I have these recurring memories of real events in my life I can't remember, for I was drugged as a young child. I keep pressing my mind to go past the last barrier, the drinking of juice forced upon me by the camp counselors. But I just can't see beyond that point. There are these glimpse of things, but no real substance. Like I said I was drugged and unconscious.

Thats kind of like your dream, trying to see into those dark places, elusive and sort of frightening.

Thanks for the reply, best of luck to you on your life journey.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Hi TWILIGHT 22,

Sorry about the late reply!

a few months ago I dreamed or had a nightmare which is more appropriate where I interacted with unseen spirits or whatever they are I could feel myself being pushed or hit by something I couldn't see only to wake up during the act. It usually is a Victorian type house(maybe I lived in one in a past life,lol) with old furnishings. I wish I could bring myself to go through the whole house while dreaming maybe that would make them stop.

Same here. But once you're in that dream the level of fear is so high and real, it feels to go there just by a few steps would put me in immense danger. Really scary feeling (which goes no where near explaining how terrifying it is) that feels very 'wrong' to do with that part of house

TextThe feeling of being out of control having no control of the fear these nightmares brings especially the one of being underground and waking gasping for breath scare the living crap out of me. I've never known myself to be claustrophobic but since this nightmare I am now.

That's horrible

TextI'm not sure what causes them but knowing I'm not alone is a comfort that maybe either dreams are just random thoughts creeping into dreams or we are living another life in our dreams...I chose the latter,lol

I agree it's good to share experiences with others, lifts the horror a bit knowing we're not alone. I also feel these places we go to might have a more indepenent existence than being just imaginings of our minds. Unless everything is just image-inings of our minds

My daughter has had dreams similar to mine one I had a few years back was almost Identical to mine. Another question I have is why remember only a handful of dreams/nightmare that stay with you throughout your life and others we can't remember the next morning.

Similar dreams and also shared dreams are fascinating. Have you heard about the 'Dreamhackers'? A group of dream researchers based in Russia. One of them came into some money back in the 1990s and did some extensive research on public with regards what they dream. Amazingly they found many people were having similar dreams the same night.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Yes and no. I'm not living in my dream house yet, and yes it's haunted.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Still a mystery what that's all about with that house. Funny how we dream at similar locations that we revisit time and again. A lot of the places I dream at (or remember dreaming at) are nothing like anywhere I know in physical. Towns don't seem like anywhere I remember in waking life.

Might be those places are from the past. Past memories of people that once lived, visiting you in your dreams.

Are the people in those places the same, too? Like, familiar strangers? Could be family ancestors, how far back in history you think they go?

Still holding to being inside a building is dreaming of ourself.
edit on 17-5-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I'd love to own a Victorian era home. Hauntings may come with the territory that I may not mind. All depends on what kind of activity of course. Then again have lived in many places that weren't even that old that were haunted.

That may be why I do have dreams about such a home. A large one with double stair cases multiple rooms, on a lake. It's been re occurring off and on, almost the same situations happen. Wouldn't say it's ever scary, haunted but rather eerie and confused feelings come about. That also may be related to other dreams where one might say it's a past life.
edit on 30-5-2017 by dreamingawake because: cont...

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I had a recent dream inside a house with so much spirit or ghost activity I thought it looked cloudy in the house. Nothing I was afraid of though. I've had some interactions with ghosts or something but it didn't scare me. My dream last night got interesting for me because it was like I spotted a UFO but then it seemed like I was suddenly in a Star Trek episode after the UFO became a visible spaceship and landed. I don't always dream about ghosts.
A few times I dreamed I was the ghost and dreamed I was exploring. I even dreamed I invaded someone's house but got spotted. A woman screamed a terrifying scream when she saw me in my ghost form. I woke up right away. That was the scary part for me. I got spotted and a woman screamed after seeing me.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Yes...in fact I'm living in a BIG house and sleeping in the haunted section.

The house is a 1903 Gabled Edwardian straight out of Dark Shadows, but more homey. The house has no particular historical significance the only "scandal" was a little hanky panky between the then owners nurse and the nephew, probably in the 1920's. A secret passage connects the nurses closet to the nephews...and I'll let you draw your own conclusions.
Although we've experienced strange goings on pretty much everywhere, the heart of the haunting is in the maids room of the servants quarters, which I've lived in for 10 of the 47 years I've been here. The phenomenon in question is a cold-spot, or as I like to call it "ethereal air-conditioning". When I stand in the cold-spot and think about family responsibility I get a warm feeling.
We have a battery powered pendulum clock in the kitchen. The pendulum has no mechanism, just decorative, but oft times, usually following a death in the family, we find the pendulum swinging. The kitchen closet door also rattles violently while closed, on it's own.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join