It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Migrant crisis: Hungarian police use tear gas, water cannon on refugees

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Hungary took the EU benefits greedily enough now they they should be forced to share in its responsibilities.
I don't believe the refugees want to stay in that sh!th@le anyway.
Typical take take take............

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Hungary took the EU benefits greedily enough now they they should be forced to share in its responsibilities.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

Violence will only cause more violence.

If a black bear runs away from someone and winds up cornered, what do you suppose the bear will do? If it has cubs, we all know what it will do.

I think that notion applies here.

But who is the bear - the refugees or the Hungarians?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Is only common sense that people should learn to take "no" for an answer.
Only because they are "refugees" it doesn't mean they can ignore the laws of the land.
If there is a fence, it means NO ENTRY. It means you have to go around.
You don't break it because of some "rights" you were supposed to have. This is common criminality.
You break it, you accept the consequences.

Defending behavior like this is beyond absurd, is insane.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lilyth

My heart weeps for the poor children and genuine refugees caught up in this circus - though its getting harder and harder to feel compassion as their actions speak the opposite of the sob story the media is trying to put on us.

I have just watched the news ... and it looks like they are using babies

and toddlers as hostages/currency to get to the front of the angry crowds

(mainly young men) as has already been said.

The babies and toddlers are being held up and waved above the heads and

with all the pushing and shoving crowd pressure etc. are in danger and liable

to get hurt or crushed at the very least.

If anything happens to any of the children (as it did with the two boys

drowned at sea) ... I would hope it will be noted that it was the parents

who put their children into this danger, and not the police or politicians

of the country to blame.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: Lilyth

My heart weeps for the poor children and genuine refugees caught up in this circus - though its getting harder and harder to feel compassion as their actions speak the opposite of the sob story the media is trying to put on us.

I have just watched the news ... and it looks like they are using babies

and toddlers as hostages/currency to get to the front of the angry crowds

(mainly young men) as has already been said.

The babies and toddlers are being held up and waved above the heads and

with all the pushing and shoving crowd pressure etc. are in danger and liable

to get hurt or crushed at the very least.

If anything happens to any of the children (as it did with the two boys

drowned at sea) ... I would hope it will be noted that it was the parents

who put their children into this danger, and not the police or politicians

of the country to blame.

That sounds awful familiar, isn't it? Wonder where I saw that before....
Must be an ME syndrome, fight with their babies, then blame the others for being criminals.
As for europeans, damned if they do something, damned if they don't.

edit on 17-9-2015 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: EStreetShuffle

Alliances can change. Interests determine the alliances.

This flood of refugees could truly turn the EU back into a smattering of self-serving nation states, each thinking their neighbor isn't doing their part or holding their own, and thus becoming an economic and cultural liability. If the benefits of the EU membership shrivels and the disparity grows between the richer and weaker countries, some will drift away, or form mini-alliances perhaps sparking mini-skirmishes that creates more instability.

Europe loses.

That is *human nature*!! And precisely while the EU will never work

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: supamoto

My sound sliek alot of refugees living in France do the same. They are playing people like fiddles because they know we are a bunch of bleeding hearts when it comes to children. Ive had enough of being played. screw em.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
See. It doesn't say anywhere in there you have the right to to enter any State at all. All that does is confer freedom of movement within a State. The second part just guarantees the right to leave any State and return to your own, not someone else's.

The thing with your highly entertaining interpretation is, that there is no right to leave a state left when there is none to enter another. This whole process is also known as the concept of "crossing a border", sorry to break this for your.
Nice try, but I don't give a damn about your rabulistic spin.

Besides, they do have the right to request asylum as well. Are they not prosecuted? Stand on one leg and jump if you will, it doesn't really matter.

Mogens Blicher Bjerregaard, the EFJ President said, “It is incomprehensible to see an EU country like Hungary constantly violating press freedom and human rights. The European Commission and international institutions must take action against these serious violations.”

“It is a prerequisite for EU member states to respect the EU Charter on fundamental rights which sets out standards on media freedom and freedom of expression.”

europeanjournalists.org...

There you go.

Men, women and children fleeing war and persecution deserve real support, including asylum.

I ask those standing in the way of the rights of refugees to stand in their shoes.

People facing barrel bombs and brutality in their country will continue to seek life in another.

People with few prospects at home will continue to seek opportunity elsewhere.

This is natural. It is what any of us would do for ourselves and for our children.

I commend those countries that are admirably doing all they can for people in need.

www.un.org...

Screw Orban, he won't take Europe hostage for long with this crap.
edit on 18-9-2015 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

Gin

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Liberal biased news, that's what you get.

The funny thing is that there is a legal crossing point in Hungary which they can all go to but they have to register and have their photo and fingerprints taken and then they can enter Hungary legally, but they won't because they aren't war-ravaged refugees and their cover would get blown. Their goal is to reach to the richest European countries that welcome them in open arms, like Germany and co.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Gin

Liberal biased news, that's what you get.

Go read the Stürmer then, better some "liberal biased" than no news at all. You should read some as well, the checkpoint you were talking about is closed. That's the whole point about this thread, how ridiculous can it get?
I dunno, you tell me now.

SERBIAN-HUNGARIAN BORDER — Hungary's right-wing government shut the main land route for migrants into the European Union on Tuesday, taking matters into its own hands to halt Europe's influx of refugees.

www.post-gazette.com...

It's the right wing, stupid! Never too shy to come up with an uneducated opinion if nobody asks. Fun times!

edit on 18-9-2015 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join