It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Migrant crisis: Hungarian police use tear gas, water cannon on refugees

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Hungarian police have deployed tear gas and water cannon against asylum seekers, who broke through a razor wire fence at the border crossing with Serbia. At least 20 police officers and two children have been injured in clashes, local TV reported citing the Hungarian PM's security adviser.

"So far 20 policemen have been injured and ambulance services have just taken two children (to hospital) who were injured after being thrown over the security fence," Gyorgy Bakondi told public TV. "We will definitely restore the fence and strengthen the fence, and protect Hungary's security with all legal means."

Migrant crisis: Hungarian police use tear gas, water cannon on refugees

I feel very sorry for the Refugees, after fleeing their war-torn countries for their dear lives, and surviving the Mediterranean, which has claimed a number of lives, they are now faced with tear gas and water canons.

I hope this war mongers are so over themselves, having affected thousands of peoples lives in this manner. Nobody should be made to suffer like this. This is so wrong in many levels.

ETA:BBC News

Hungarian riot police have fired tear gas and water cannon to force migrants back from the Serbia-Hungary border. Hundreds of people have massed at a closed crossing point near the Serbian town of Horgos, and are involved in a tense stand-off with police on the other side of the border. Some migrants threw missiles, including stones and water bottles. Many of the migrants want to reach Germany, amid divisions within the EU over how to deal with the crisis.

edit on 16-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

Violence will only cause more violence.

If a black bear runs away from someone and winds up cornered, what do you suppose the bear will do? If it has cubs, we all know what it will do.

I think that notion applies here.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

FYI - those particular migrants in Hungary/Serbia etc wouldn't have crossed the Med - they would have made the very short journey from Turkey to Greece across the Aegean.

Also, the majority did not "flee for their dear lives" from "war torn countries" - using the figures provided by the UN only around 44% of them are from Syria. The bulk are from countries like Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, various African nations, Sri Lanka etc and are migrating purely for economic reasons.

Even those who did come from Syria have spent months or even years residing in Turkey or Lebanon. The family of that little boy washed up the other week had spent 3 years in Turkey and only decided to try to get to Europe for access to better healthcare.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The United Nations is a horrible total failure.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I've read news reports that these people are rioting. Don't know what's true and what's not- just adding the info.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

I understand your point, but among these refugees are innocent children and people who are really fleeing their war torn countries. That saddens me.

Why are some of these people even planning to go all the way to Germany, why can't just settle in Turkey, for the life of me. Come to think of it, most of them are putting themselves and the innocent children in harms way.

Truly heart aching to read about people suffering like that.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

The "warm hungarian welcome" in full Orbanisation. Fascinating how fast human rights gone down the drain in this last years of War on Terror, innit? Looks as if they were preparing to fight the Black Block during a rather violent demonstration in the old RAF-times.
Geez... Orban, get a grip! Those people are refugees for Christs sake. Show some friggin decency and let 'em pass, they probably don't wanna stay in your 'slightly' fascist dreamstate either.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua

Violence will only cause more violence.

If a black bear runs away from someone and winds up cornered, what do you suppose the bear will do? If it has cubs, we all know what it will do.

I think that notion applies here.

I totally agree, it just add fuel to the fire. Hungary putting up the fence just, left the refugees in limbo, and they just had to do something and unfortunately their actions where met with violence..

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

And the irony is, those with young children would have been top of the relocation list from the refugee camps into Europe..

And you're right, why not stay in Turkey? Why drag your children on such a perilous journey, passing through multiple safe countries at a cost of many thousands of pounds to try and get to Germany, or France, or Sweden or the UK? Why not just use that money and catch a flight, in style I might add! Again, that little dead boys family paid £4000 for the boat trip. For that price, they could have flown business class from Istanbul to Berlin...

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

The migrants are not blameless. They are trying to force entry to a country they have no right to enter and started throwing rocks, stones and bottles. To be honest, to only get a spray from a water cannon or tear gas is getting off lightly.

Like every Government, it's primary responsibility is the safety of the State and it's people. Part of this responsibility is securing the border. You cannot have a situation where tens of thousands of people cross the border illegally every day.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

And the irony is, those with young children would have been top of the relocation list from the refugee camps into Europe..

That shows how the UN has really failed to address the problem, but then what is UN when member countries aren't really willing to commit any help, apart from Germany and Austria.

And you're right, why not stay in Turkey? Why drag your children on such a perilous journey, passing through multiple safe countries at a cost of many thousands of pounds to try and get to Germany, or France, or Sweden or the UK? Why not just use that money and catch a flight, in style I might add! Again, that little dead boys family paid £4000 for the boat trip. For that price, they could have flown business class from Istanbul to Berlin...

That's the bit I can't understand, putting their children lives in danger. But then again it may not be true for every fleeing family, maybe not everyone.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

The migrants are not blameless. They are trying to force entry to a country they have no right to enter and started throwing rocks, stones and bottles. To be honest, to only get a spray from a water cannon or tear gas is getting off lightly.

The situation is just chaos and the design of it will surely bring clashes. This is probably what one can expect in a live a death situation.

Like every Government, it's primary responsibility is the safety of the State and it's people. Part of this responsibility is securing the border. You cannot have a situation where tens of thousands of people cross the border illegally every day.

True that, the crises took Europe by storm, so no country was prepared for a huge influx of migrants. The irony here is that it's not a crime to seek asylum in other countries so it's a tough situation.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

It is unfair to blame the "UN" when it is actually doing a great deal to help the refugees. It is the one running most of the camps, providing the food and medical aid to those who need it.

If you're referring to the UN's inability to stop the War, look at the UNSC - specifically Russia and to a lesser extent China. They block resolutions routinely.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

It is unfair to blame the "UN" when it is actually doing a great deal to help the refugees. It is the one running most of the camps, providing the food and medical aid to those who need it.

If you're referring to the UN's inability to stop the War, look at the UNSC - specifically Russia and to a lesser extent China. They block resolutions routinely.

True that, but it's a big problem but I do see your point. Not blaming UN on stopping the war in Syria but rather more on allowing this clashes between refugees between the Hungarian Serbian boarder.

The crux of it all goes back to Syria, and IS being the root cause, including Boko Haram in Africa. So it's quite a big issue, and seems to be getting out of control.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

"Either you make it or you get cought."

Airports would be a rather poor choice then...

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
When people struggle to get their children out of a war torn country to somewhere safe, I admire that. When I try to hand those people a box of food and a bottle of water and they call me names and knock the food and water out of my hand...hey...no problem. You are on your own. If you come to my home asking for help, don't slap my hand when I try to help you. You are a refugee. You have nothing. You need everything. You are not in a position to make demands. You take what is offered to you and you say thank you. No one asked to be put in the position of having to be responsible for you or your family. If they are helping at all it is because they want to. Keep calling them names and slapping the boxes of food out of their hands and see what happens...

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

What, in Turkey? Pull the other one....

I wasn't suggesting they fly from Damascus and that much was clear from my post.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The United Nations is a horrible total failure.

This flooding of folks into Europe seems organized. Maybe its the f'in UN.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Saw a video clip the other day of the mess they leave behind. Cant even pick up their trash and bag it.

Notice to how healthy they look.

Now Assad is blaming West for the problem anyway.

This is what inaction brings.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Watching the video I saw so much violence, yet among the practically all male hoards there were children who were smiling and dancing holding hands, they are the heart breaking part of this crisis, I could not give ahoot and support the efforts to slow this influx as the angry and destructive ones are plain old scary and are filmed far more than the children and even women.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join