It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New planet found...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
im quite passed wasted, and im sure the person on jooles holland was aswell. i just came in put on the tv and some one on the show was talking about a new planet that was found just beyond pluto...could someone shed some light on this or was the guy maybe just a little bit drunk??
lol

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
heres some info, tell me what you think

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
here is a graphic representation of SEDNA's orbit

science.nasa.gov...

if i am correct, ancient mysticism described a planet that houses alien races?

could this be it.

edit:

the orbit is such that this planet is only close a small part of the time.......

[edit on 12/31/2004 by baaronhaile]

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
oh my, so the guy wasn't just talking 'drunk talk'. if we miss a planet in our solar system then who knows what else weve over looked. i think we discovered an another moon around jupitar not too long ago.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Technicaly there are two planets beyond Pluto, Sedna (Named after the Inuit goddess) is the farthest, Quo'oar is between Pluto and Sedna.
Also, I've known about both for nearly a year now, I'm surprised the news would be reporting so late.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Technicaly there are two planets beyond Pluto, Sedna (Named after the Inuit goddess) is the farthest, Quo'oar is between Pluto and Sedna.
Also, I've known about both for nearly a year now, I'm surprised the news would be reporting so late.

No the sci/fi channel up in here in Canada reported it, i think it was just one of those "year in review" shows.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Actually guys i think its more likely he was referring to this as its more recent

OOps , forget this.

[edit on 31-12-2004 by picard_is_actually_a_grey]

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I was watching a program on the science channel the other day and scientists think there may be hundreds more "planets" beyond pluto that orbit our sun. The thought is that they might reclassify what a planet is.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Actually the first time I read about it was on the NASA website.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Just to smash all of your hopes and dreams about Sedna, it is much to small to host life, and far enough away to make the Sun seem like a small dot.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
well i wasn't really expecting to be much life on there. it's got a wierd orbit though, at one point its around 5.2 billion miles from the sun, but then it goes far out to something like 30 billion miles from the sun...i think that's why they didn't want to have it as a planet because its got a different orbit. they believe it has a moon so then again it must be dubbed a planet.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Wow a brand new planet! It must have a very long year. How did they not detect it with all the sattelites and telescopes?

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

I heard about Sedna almost a year ago now as well, but Ive never heard of Quo'oar??

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I thought these two newly discovered bodies were designated as Kiper belt objects. Just some over grown astroids. Pluto is actually being considered by some astroligers as a Kiper Belt Object as well now. Not new planets, just some real big astroids floating around in a funny orbit.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
way to kill the excitement...and now we're losing pluto as a planet
lol

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
way to kill the excitement...and now we're losing pluto as a planet
lol

So we go from a 9 planet sol sys to an 8 planet one. Big deal. It's just a reclassification. Pluto is still pluto wether it be a planet or not doesn't make a difference to me. I still wanna see it in person some day, as with every other planet sized body in the system. Not likely in my life time but who knows...

EDITED: For grammer

[edit on 6-1-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   
The cool thing about all those Kuyper Belt objects is that they ultimately will help humans to gradually grow our civilisations towards other stars, there are many objects to be scavenged along the way...

[edit on 6-1-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
well i wasn't really expecting to be much life on there. it's got a wierd orbit though, at one point its around 5.2 billion miles from the sun, but then it goes far out to something like 30 billion miles from the sun...i think that's why they didn't want to have it as a planet because its got a different orbit. they believe it has a moon so then again it must be dubbed a planet.

maybe there could be life there just waiting all those years until it gets that close to do whatever it has to do in order to survive

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
I still wanna see it in person some day, as with every other planet sized body in the system. Not likely in my life time but who knows...

You and me both! I dont want to live for ever, but I would like to live long enough to make that trip.

top topics

join