It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Turtles Attack !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I had a turtle as a pet when I was a kid and they were slow, they sure couldn't jump.
It seems so passive, but they don't call them snapping turtles for nothing.

Turtle Attack

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Ha!!

I knew ninja turtles were real...

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I shouldn't laugh because he was trying to do the right thing, but snappers are a pain in the tail to get off the road. They're not like box turtles or pond turtles you can just pick up and move.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33
Now that's what you call a jump scare. I wonder if he peed himself.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
that species common name is "snapping turtle" for a reason. they hide in mud in shallow water with only their nostrils above surface and when a fish swims by [and if you are walking through a pond and step on one], BOOM BOTCH!

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
You do not play with a snapper.
They can easily remove fingers or pull a plug out of you like a horse biting an apple.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
That is the only safe way I know to get one off the road. Get a nice long, thick stick and let them snap down on it. Once he's snapped on, you can pull him/her off the road---unless he breaks the stick! Those jaws are very powerful!

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I found a baby alligator snapper after a flood. He was about the size of a silver dollar.
A few years later he weighed about 20 lbs and was eating chicken drumsticks.
I set it free in a state park before someone got hurt.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
'Bout crapped myself!

I was expecting it to maybe hiss, or make that noise they do when they're humping (if you don't know what I mean go watch it on YouTube, hysterical) and sort of waddle after the guy comically.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1
Word from a wise man.
Don't jack with a snapper.
Leave them be and they will leave you be.
Mud dragons.

edit on 17-9-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I try to avoid things that can take a finger, inject venom or weigh more than I do. I live in WA, the scariest things here, not unlike Africa, are the Hippos (though ours are corralled inside various WalMart stores). Oh and snakes. Freaking hate rattle snakes. They don't hang out in my spot though, because they know what will happen. I don't know anything about turtles, so that one might have had me by the balls if I were trying to move it off the road. But again, I'm in WA and know what can screw me up here. Can you tell I'm up late and have been in the wine again?

top topics

join