It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why racism is an issue in the 21st century. The answer just might shock you.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

The Republican Party had a progressive element, typified in the early 20th century by Theodore Roosevelt in the 1907–1912 period (Roosevelt was more conservative at other points), S

Ahem:

American Fascist reveals how TR’s early love of war and strong central government developed consistently into a view of ever-increasing government power over business with a strong integration of industry and military. He worked to impose national corporatism and vast regulation. He worked to increase the power of the executive office beyond historical precedent, sometimes bypassed Congress, and claimed to find new powers in the Constitution when needed. He confiscated millions of acres of land and waters for the federal government in the name of conservation. Above all, TR wanted war, war, war to a degree almost impossible to overstate. He desired war almost as a sport, and when not for sport, as a useful spur to industry and national greatness. On more than one occasion, TR acknowledged what bloody consequences would result in starting wars, but dismissed them as a mere means to the end of national greatness.

americanvision.org...

According to modern democrats Teddy would fit in rather nicely with the war mongering, big government repubicans.

Ya know them 'racists'.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Whatever the fight will continue on who are the racists. I have however asked for one simple thing. Provide me with success indicators that we can measure progress against and let us know when the problem is solved.

If the system is racist as many claim what are the indicators that it is solved. Increase high school graduation by this percent with a maintained average of x, same with college, lower prison population by x, lower arrest rates by x, black people are x percent of the population and that should be reflected across all job fields including politics. Whatever the overall indicators are to be able to say it's resolved. Know what I get over the years? Crickets.

Brought it closer home to the members who are blm supporters. Asked them for success indicators. The problem is cops shooting unarmed black people. Ok so is the problem resolved when we reach a 50, 90% percent drop in shootings for the next 3-5 years? Know what I get? Crickets.

This is no accident, this is by design. The moment we have indicators released and specifically when they are met, problem solved. When it's solved what happens to the " leaders" of all these issues? Real jobs maybe? No more political points to be scored? These clowns don't want the issues resolved. They need never ending issues to justify their existence and the best you will get as far as successful is ambiguous terms like "more" or "less". 1 can be more or less, but by not defining difinitive success indicators you have "issues" that will never be solved because these clowns don't want it to be. And of course you have even more clowns supporting it who have never stopped to ask for success indicators either and they have no clue when their have won their identified "fight"

It's a giant scam , run by clowns, followed by clowns. Want to solve it? Take the basic step to give some success indicators so we know what were fighting for and when we won. I'm there. Until then...please. even back in the day the goal was clear, voting rights, end segregation, sit in any seat on a bus. Those days are long gone and any real civil rights movement is as well.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
The people shouting loudest about being racist, have for almost over 2 centuries been the biggest racists here.

Now who's running around calling everyone "Racists"???

Well, that looks like it would be YOU sir. Why are you always calling everyone else Racist??? Man that's Racist. Stop pointing your finger at everyone and calling them Racist. Just go join the KKK or ISIS already and get it over with.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

" Creating this thread takes courage.
I'll give you that, Neo.
As for the content... "

The TRUTH Hurts , Dosen't It ?

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I'm sure that's about as accurate as compass without a needle.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

The TRUTH Hurts , Dosen't It ?

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Clearly missed the point.

That argument was about the so called switching of side between the left, and right.

The point being some think they did.

They used Roosevelt as proof they had.

Turns out Roosevelt wasn't a great example.

That is since modern day democrats call the modern day republicans big government,corporatist's who love war.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

" That is since modern day democrats call the modern day republicans big government,corporatist's who love war."

In Historical Hindsight , the Same could be Said for Franklin Roosevelt , Harry Truman , and Lyndon Johnson . ALL Democrats ............Hmm...

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Derp.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Projection - it's the new normal.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Sremmos80

That history can't be denied. It can't be explained away. So what's a Democrat to do ?

How about quote the part where it is all Southern Democrats?
Both parties do have plenty of history of racism, but lets not act like it is solely on one side or be deceptive and try and say today's democrats would be part of the ones of that day.

And to think racism is solely a 21'st century thing is ridiculous.
Manifest Density was partly based on being the superior race and having a right to that land.

And Manifest Destiny was a philosophy based in part of Darwinism and as such cannot be called a uniquely American thing. The only American part of it was that Manifest Destiny was the American expression of social Darwinist concepts and beliefs that were also widely embraced and practiced by other parts of the world.

Its amazing that it was even given a name. Back in the old days folks just took what they wanted apparently and the Indians included.....well after they consulted with the Algonquin fathers.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
This is like arguing with a brick wall. I give up

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
few things
Dixiecrats became disgusted with the democratic liberalization around the civil rights era and ultimately jumped over to the republican party, seeing the democrats were no longer representing their (admittedly racist) viewpoints.

Now

we should really address present, not history that shows a mixing and bastardizing back in my grandparents time

I do believe todays progressives, who are latched onto liberalism (corrupting liberalism) are, through seemingly the best intentions, promoting racism (unintentionally).

Where do we go from here is important.
I think we need to stop discussing race. I think we should push a individualist meritocracy. I do believe in the 60's-90's, Affirmative action and other measures were absolutely necessary to integrate a former slave race into equality..but now the good laws of yesteryear invited in a bad psychology of weakness.

Outside, there is a new movement going on. the establishment D v R is starting to diminish..now its authoritarian v libertarian which comes from both right and left. I am far more interested in this discussion...personally, I dont even know where I stand anymore when it comes to DvR..both kinda suck now in my mind. I want civil libertarians and scientists now to be discussing leadership over engrained politicians towing ideologies without ideas
edit on 16-9-2015 by SaturnFX because: added a thing about stuff in a place

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
This is like arguing with a brick wall. I give up

Why ?

Not so fun to be on the receiving end ?

Come on now if everyone else has to reconcile their 'racist' history.

So does the democratic party.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
People are just subconsciously jealous of other people and less intelligent people find something visual to justify their stupidity

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

reply to: neo96

You are using facts from the 20th century and earlier to show that Democrats are racist in the 21st century. This makes no sense. There are a lot of straight-up racist Republicans out there, and I doubt there are as many racist Democrats out there these days.

It seems like the point of this piece is to make it seem like Democrats are racist so that it is totally fine when Republicans are racist.
edit on 16pmWed, 16 Sep 2015 23:02:40 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

You are using facts from the 20th century and earlier to show that Democrats are racist in the 21st century.

Uh that is what the democrats are doing, but thats fine, and makes 'perfect' sense.

Hey at least someone finally admitted they were FACTS.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

You are using facts from the 20th century and earlier to show that Democrats are racist in the 21st century. This makes no sense.

Well the late late 20th and early 21st seem to have dozens of big city big government Democrat controlled police forces displaying lots of racist policies.

All according to the Left Wing controlled MSM too.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Hopefully the point of your thread is to reduce racism all-around and not to make it seem like it is fair game.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

Hopefully the point of your thread is to reduce racism all-around and not to make it seem like it is fair game.

I really wish I could.

I really,really,really,really do.

But as long as politics keeps bringing it up. It will always be around.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join