It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why racism is an issue in the 21st century. The answer just might shock you.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Who is ignoring anything.

From the op.

Obama recently spared Andrew Jackson, the Democratic Party’s first president, from being cut from the twenty, instead throwing Hamilton on the ten to the social justice wolves. It’s historically appropriate that the party often accused of plantation politics was founded by an actual plantation owner

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
See how this played out ?

Cops are responsible for their 'racism'.

The founders are responsible for their 'racism'.

The Republicans are responsible for their 'racism'.

Democrats are not.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

That isn't what is being said at all!

YOU are saying it is a one party thing, and trying to use the dixiecrats of the time period to show that.

Of course you twist that though.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
See how this played out ?

Cops are responsible for their 'racism'.

The founders are responsible for their 'racism'.

The Republicans are responsible for their 'racism'.

Don't forget "the rich are responsible for racism."

Democrats are not.

You expected us to take an opinion and not back it up with REAL facts? BTW, no one said there wasn't any racism on the left. But you ARE focusing on only that, thus the backlash.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Don't forget "the rich are responsible for racism."

Jackson and others had presented the alternative to slavery as a 1 percent tyranny of big Wall Street banks. The entire Occupy Wall Street narrative dates back to the left’s attempt to preserve its monopoly on the black vote through slavery while building a utopian agrarian society immune from economics. And not that much has changed.

www.frontpagemag.com...

Didn't forget that.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Are you going to answer if you know what a Dixiecrat is?

Or just keep ignoring that question...

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I guess I just don't understand the point of the thread. Sure there are racist democrats just like there's racist republicans. Instead of pointing fingers we should focus on a real issue like solving racism.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Are you going to answer if you know what a Dixiecrat is?

Or just keep ignoring that question...

Yeah it's a democrat.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Would you say that a southern democrat would run on the same values and platforms that today's democrats would run on?
I'll just answer it my self.
classroom.synonym.com...

When the Democrats included support for a civil rights bill in their party's presidential convention platform in 1948, a group of right-wing Democrats from 13 states -- including South Carolina, Alabama, Mississippi and the rest of the American South -- splintered off and formed the States Rights Democratic Party, also called the Dixiecrats.

The Dixiecrats had three principal themes in their political platform that distinguished them from the Democratic Party. The first was a defense of states' rights. Dixiecrats believed in the supremacy of the U.S. Constitution and its protection against the meddling of the federal government in state government affairs, which they viewed the Democrats as doing with the New Deal and civil rights legislation. The second theme was the preservation of the southern states' cultural heritage, namely the racial status quo. This theme was intertwined with their third theme of opposing civil rights. The notion among Dixiecrats was that African-Americans were racially inferior. An end to segregation would therefore disrupt their proper social order, while civil rights legislation would only devastate the South's economy and politics through integrated workplaces and voting booths.

Racism is a part of BOTH parties history.
You know what they say when you point the finger, you got three pointing right back at ya.
edit on thWed, 16 Sep 2015 18:09:47 -0500America/Chicago920154780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
We will never get anywhere if we keep looking back. Why is it so hard for people to keep looking forward. Both sides are guilty of this. We can not make up for what our ancestors did, just own it and don't make the same mistake again.

Crying that someone is a racist every time we don't agree with what is said is just getting old.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Watcher777

Yeah but that sounds sooooo..... "progressive."

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
A racist is an egotist with a colour chip on his or her shoulder. Like Trump (not a democrat, or is he?).

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
A racist is an egotist with a colour chip on his or her shoulder. Like Trump (not a democrat, or is he?).

Plenty of those in the Black Panthers, and Black Lives Matter.

For the record anyone thinking that immigration laws of this country should be followed doesn't make them a 'racist'.

What It means is a universal standard that no person, or group of people is above the law.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Would you say that a southern democrat would run on the same values and platforms that today's democrats would run on?

Yep and here's why:

The Democratic donkey is the symbol that was attached to the party during its worst days and is associated with its corruption and treason.

Interest choice of symbols dontcha think?

While it’s tempting to pretend that the Democratic Party of slavery had nothing to do with the same party of today, that’s a convenient myth.

Far too many similarities, and ideology to suit my taste.

The Democratic Party platform of 1856 denounced opposition to immigration in the name of “the liberal principles… which makes ours the land of liberty and the asylum of the oppressed of every nation…“ which “have ever been cardinal principles in the Democratic faith”.

Well now that sounds familiar since anyone who doesn't support the very idear of open borders is decried as being racist like Trump just was.

Why did the Democratic Party demand equal rights for immigrants, but not black slaves? Due to the three-fifths compromise, they already had the black vote “all locked up”. Literally. The Democrats enjoyed unearned seats in Congress based on a population that for the most part could not vote.

Also sounds familar demanding equal rights for protected classes of the left, and going full blown totalitarian on others like rich folks, and gun owners, and business owners.

Jackson and others had presented the alternative to slavery as a 1 percent tyranny of big Wall Street banks. The entire Occupy Wall Street narrative dates back to the left’s attempt to preserve its monopoly on the black vote through slavery while building a utopian agrarian society immune from economics.

And true to form in over 200 years nothing has changed between right, and left.

www.frontpagemag.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I know that is scary for someone who leans to the "right"..😝. As a white female I have experienced racism, because of my last name. It was a weird experience, but there was a lot I learned from that experience. I used what I learned to my advantage, and moved forward with it.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Plenty of those in the Black Panthers, and Black Lives Matter.

...and in Japan, China, Australia, Canada, Great Britain, Bosnia... I could go on and name every country on the planet, but you insist that racism is the fault of American Democrats, completely ignoring it all started by colonials in merry old England during the 16th century.

For the record anyone thinking that immigration laws of this country should be followed doesn't make them a 'racist'.

Yeah... I wish the Pequods of Massachusets had thought of that notion in the first place.

What It means is a universal standard that no person, or group of people is above the law.

Who makes the laws? The colonists or the people who already live there?

Pffft.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Why not completely ignore what I posted, true to form.
quietmike.org...

They held staunch conservative views, plain and simple.

Over this if you just want to ignore history.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Seriously? The last 7 years? Really? The reason racism is an issue and this is what you came up with?

Quite simple yet convoluted. This is not a recent development. Racism has absolutely nothing to do with politics in America.

Racism is taught, generation to generation.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
1904 electoral map

Nuff said
edit on 16-9-2015 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

...and in Japan, China, Australia, Canada, Great Britain, Bosnia... I could go on and name every country on the planet, but you insist that racism is the fault of American Democrats, completely ignoring it all started by colonials in merry old England during the 16th century.

Race has been a political hot potato for almost two centuries here.

Driven by wait for it....

POLITICS.

And yeah the one that continually keeps bringing it up in to the foray is the democrats.
edit on 16-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join