It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese fisherman reels in super-fish off the coast of Japan near Fukushima plant

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Mutations in nature can happen anywhere. But this aberration demonstrates how the radioactive polluted water near Fukushima is taking it's toll, me thinks. I'd like to know what % of marine wildlife are mutated here compared to the normal population. Also it says where the fisherman usually eats his catch. If he did so in this case, he must glow in the dark now.

"With a gaping mouth large enough to swallow a small child, this creature - believed to be a wolffish - would not look out of place in a science fiction film.
The massive catch was reeled in by Hirasaka Hiroshi, a fisherman who has made a career of landing and then eating unusual fish.
Normally growing to about 1.2m in length, the wolffish Hirasaka caught measured close to two metres, The Sun reported.
The catch may also add substance to Japanese fishermen's concerns over the effects the Fukushima nuclear accident is having on local fish populations".

www.dailymail.co.uk... .html#ixzz3lw3lYcSS

Fukushima wolf fish

normal wolf fish

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boticelli
www.youtube.com...

Looks like that fisherman has Fukushima teeth.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Just looks like it got to be pretty old and out lived its normal life expectancy to me.

Did the fish test positive for radiation?

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AlongCamePaul

I'd like to know that too since in an episode of River Monsters, they caught a catfish that was highly contaminated with radiation from Chernobyl and IT was actually stunted not super large.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlongCamePaul
Just looks like it got to be pretty old and out lived its normal life expectancy to me.

Did the fish test positive for radiation?

The article didn't specify if that particular fish tested positive for radiation. But it appears to have abnormalities other than old age i.e. no teeth, gigantic head (when compared to pic of normal wolf fish).

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The size and age of this fish probably has more to do with the lack of fishing taking place in the area more then it does with radiation. There were sightings like this before when conditions prevented fishing in an area for a long time (Check out fishing reports following WW2 in the North Atlantic)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
That fish looks really healthy!

I have seen many fish with enlarged heads in ponds with little food.

Likely due to missing teeth the creature would weigh twice it's size if growth not stunted by lack of teeth.

Very odd to look so healthy and still show signs of stunted growth with the enlarged head.

That is a very old fish.
edit on 16-9-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I would speculate that this is just the way it is. There was a time when cod in the North Atlantic used to be pretty big, but overfishing has reduced average size.

There's too much of a lack of brains. Look, this is X, so it must be a mutant caused by radioactivity etc... It's explaining the unusual in a lazy and sensationalist way. Ah, I see the source is the Daily Mail, so that explains it!

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Alrighty then, looks like the general consensus is radiation has nothing to do with this fish. Only old age. Fukushima radiation is a hoax and has no affect on marine life. Carry on.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The oversized head looks like a trick done with camera angle / position, missing teeth hard to say.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It looks like a bigger version of the other one.

Don't tell me people think the head is oversized. If so that would be called perspective any good fisherman knows how to make the fish look bigger than it is on film by pushing it closer to the camera, but you have to do it with both hands or it will look wonky like that photo.

I have a few photos of bass I caught that look much worse because I put one end closer to the camera than the other.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Three of five species of wolf fish live in the Atlantic. Since this was caught in the Pacific, and because of it's large size, it's likely a related genus, commonly called wolf eel. Wolf eel can grow to over 2 meters, so comparable to the specimen in the photo, and therefore nothing extraordinary and likely not caused by Fuku radiation since they've been seen to be that large prior to the accident.

edit on 16-9-2015 by paradoxious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi
The head is oversized.

I know how to make a fish look big but in this picture we can use the fishermans hands to get a sense of size and that head is big and I have seen thin many times before when parts of a fish are altered in its early yrs or when the fish is starved for food,

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Alrighty then, looks like the general consensus is radiation has nothing to do with this fish. Only old age. Fukushima radiation is a hoax and has no affect on marine life. Carry on.

I don't think anyone said that only that we were skeptical that this was a result of it.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
The head is oversized.

I know how to make a fish look big but in this picture we can use the fishermans hands to get a sense of size and that head is big and I have seen thin many times before when parts of a fish are altered in its early yrs or when the fish is starved for food,

I don't know what is wrong with your eyes but that fish isn't thin.

The body is twisted. The back half of it is laying sideways in the guys hand and the head is turned upright at the camera.
edit on 16-9-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Perhaps you are correct but I do not think so. Either way we do have enough info for someone with skills to determine what size the head is compared. We know the overall length.

I am pretty sure I know that angler. He came to tx right after the fuku meltdown. I took him down river after gar. He owns a tackle company and prints his own magazine where he features hims catch and models himself after Jeremy wade.The last day he caught a gar and they spent a hour praying with the fish on behalf of the disaster.

edit on 16-9-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Kinda looks like the restaurant critter in MIB 3

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Looks like that fisherman has Fukushima teeth.

lollol

but yeah, he don't need to be eating that.... fish. and I thought some, group i cant remember was monitoring these effects on the pacific and the coast of Cali? geiger readings and stuff, wth. If not, someone should...

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

No need to be a drama queen. For genetic mutations to occur due to the Fukashima radiation, I think it may take more than a few years. The three headed fish man is scheduled to arrive in late 2023.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join