It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another horrific dog slaying in So Cal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
NBC

A $5,000 reward was being offered on Monday for information leading to the person or people responsible for skinning and stabbing a dog several times and abandoning his dead body in a park in Simi Valley.
Police were called to Foothill Park on Labor Day where an attendant found the dead dog that had been mutilated near Ardenwood Avenue and Charing Street.
Updates: Download the FREE NBCLA App
The dog, named Pepper, was an 8-year-old Jack Russel Terrier. The Humane Society announced Monday it was putting up the $5,000 reward.

This is a story about a 8-year old Jack Russell Terrier that was killed with blunt force trauma to the neck. The perp then stabbed the dog multiple times and skinned it. Then he put the body in a park for a park custodian to find.

I post this because I see a pattern going down in the So Cal region. First we have 9 Dogs burnt in the High Desert. 9 dogs burnt with acid
Then we had Mayhem at the shelter
And now this. They are not all in the same area, but they are connected by major highways. And they are only hours from each other. Time for the perp to pump himself up and spread far enough apart so as to not get caught. I think this could all be related. Some sicko that may turn to people anytime now. They could be all unrelated and there are numerous sick Fs out there. But my gut says they are connected and the perp is getting more emboldened. I also think he is trying to get recognition and that is why the last one is in a more populated, affluent part of the South land. I think he lives in the High Desert and is probably a released rapists or molester. We have This problem

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog
I thought the acid attacks were bad.
This is sick.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Yeah, California has a problem with incarcerating substance users but then letting the worst scum out. You can't just let a predator back out with an ankle bracelet on and a promise to see his parole officer. I fear these are related and the mofo may move back on to people.

It says something to skin someones pet, then leave it in a park to be found. Psycho!

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

With the acid burning and now this, I wouldn't think of letting my dog roam around anywhere. Do you know if this person is going into backyards and taking these dogs?

I hope they get this sick b*stard. The person or persons doing this to these dogs could make them eventually want to do this to people! Once they catch this sicko, maybe they should strap him to a table and pour acid down his back!

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

All of the burn victims have been stray dogs as far as I know. This dog that was skinned and dumped in the park, was taken from a backyard. There are some sick bastards out here. We let violent predators out of prison early because of over-crowding. It has become a joke.

Jesus Ysasaga had been arrested multiple times and ordered by the court to keep away from his ex-girlfriend. Two parole boards sentenced him to nearly a year in jail for stalking, drunkenness and battery.

But the Fresno County jail would not keep him.

Four times in the summer of 2012, authorities let Ysasaga go, refusing two times to even book him. The jail had no room.

Ysasaga's attorney, Jerry Lowe, said the parade of convicted offenders being turned away from the jail was common. "It became quite a joke," he said.

LA Times

Pretty much we are reaping what we have sown. The dogs shouldn't be a part of it though. That crap pisses me off. I'm about done with this place (California).

edit on 16/9/2015 by harvestdog because: clarity

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Thanks for continuing to cover this, as it's very disturbing, I fear of my more of these incidents. And more even that they don't stop with animals. While it's good the Humane Society is helping with this one, still needs to be even more enforcement in on it.

As you've been mentioning that the suspects may be the offenders. Wonder if the police can look into backgrounds of ones in the area, since the public is restricted due to protection laws-that should be lifted for police investigation with the most dangerous of the lot especially those that seemingly link to the dog mutilations.

Hope people are aware now if someone is going to kidnap dogs from yards, never leave them unattended in their own yards because of this. Very sad reality of a situation, as you explained that these people are being released.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Animal abuse boils my blood.

I don't think this is related to the acid attacks. It may have helped to trigger someone, may have given them the little spark to begin especially seeing as no one has been charged for the other attacks, but it would be strange to see someone go from acid to this sort of thing. I haven't read enough yet, but I would find it odd to see someone killing in a particular manner in a cluster suddenly adopting an entirely new methodology.

This is a bit morbid, but any info on what the dog was stabbed with, and how many times and in what manner (spread out, in certain areas, different depths)? The skinning and stabbing post mortem makes me think of piquerism. There are only a few reasons for stabbing something after it's dead. Stabbing something repeatedly and skinning it may just be for shock value, but there are other reasons why it may occur. The body being left for someone to find may support the acts being performed simply for shock value, but it's not uncommon for other motives to accompany the desire to shock/"brag".

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Animal abuse boils my blood.

I don't think this is related to the acid attacks. It may have helped to trigger someone, may have given them the little spark to begin especially seeing as no one has been charged for the other attacks, but it would be strange to see someone go from acid to this sort of thing. I haven't read enough yet, but I would find it odd to see someone killing (just read it, not killing makes it seem even less likely to me) in a particular manner in a cluster suddenly adopting an entirely new methodology.

This is a bit morbid, but any info on what the dog was stabbed with, and how many times and in what manner (spread out, in certain areas, different depths)? The skinning and stabbing post mortem makes me think of piquerism. There are only a few reasons for stabbing something after it's dead. Stabbing something repeatedly and skinning it may just be for shock value, but there are other reasons why it may occur. The body being left for someone to find may support the acts being performed simply for shock value, but it's not uncommon for other motives to accompany the desire to shock/"brag".

This kind of thing pisses me off so much. I'm sitting here on the couch enraged, trying not to wake up my girlfriend's sweet pup sleeping on my foot, and looking at her adopted brother stretching out on his bed. I just can't fathom the kind of mind that thinks hurting something so wonderful is OK, even though I get that they often aren't able to view victims as anything other than a means to an end. I get it, but I don't get it.

Part of me wants to spend some time alone with this person and a hammer, but that's not right. That would make me like them. I really hope they're caught and no one else has to suffer.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Yeah you are probably right that this latest case is not related to the dog burnings. I actually think it mirrors that story from a while back with that Pomeranian that was beaten to death and the perps put that note on the body. Same kind of shock factor. I am unable at this moment to find any info on where this Jack Russell Terrier was stabbed or how many times. Same shock factor even though it was post-mortem.

I definitely think the acid attacks are related. I hope they get some tips on these cases. The reward money keeps coming in.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Thank you for following these stories. I don't live in the high desert and I am glad. California is in a tricky situation. In my opinion we are to soft of sex offenders. And I mean rapists, molesters, etc. We have laws that say sex offenders can't live so many feet from parks, schools, anywhere children congregate. In the cities and suburbs, it is damn near impossible for them to get housing away from kids. They end up living in the desert, in pervert communities.

I have no idea if it's is all related, but it makes sense in my head. I'm no predator, but if I were I would imagine I would be looking for victims where there hardly is any. Seems to me, stray dogs would be a good target to release their sickness on.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Looks like this a-hole is at it again. Second animal found brutally killed in 3 weeks in Simi Valley. This time it was a Cat that was mutilated. An animal control officer initially determined the cat was not killed by a coyote. A necropsy found the cat died of sharp force trauma and was mutilated after death. That is very similar to what happened to to Pepper. I believe they are linked.

A second animal has been found mutilated in Simi Valley, three weeks after a family’s pet dog met a similar fate.

On Sept. 28, a dead cat was found on grass next to the sidewalk on Orr Avenue near the Simi Valley Adult School, according to Ventura County Animal Services. It is unknown whether the cat was a family pet.

Randy Chong, an animal control officer with VCAS, determined the cat’s injuries were not typical of a coyote attack.

Dr. Heather Skogerson, a Ventura County veterinarian, performed a necropsy and ruled that the animal had died of sharp force trauma before it was mutilated, VCAS officials said

top topics

join