It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hell is Literally on Earth

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

So you deny the things in the OP exist today and have existed for a while now? It is as bad as all that because it all happens on a regular basis. There are other forms of oppression other than war, that's why I mentioned other things besides war in the OP. Even in this era of "peace" there has been deception and greed. Do deny that is to deny the state of the world today.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I think hell refers to a state of mind rather than some literal physical location.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Yes, but that state of mind starts to bleed into the real world after long enough.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1 there's nothing you can personally do about all these problems you perceive. Nothing you say or do can change any of it. That's the reality of it. So you work on yourself so these things don't bother you. You can't change the world, you'll only wear yourself out trying.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
What a Debbie Downer? Are you depressed? Come on Debbie you can tell me.

Life on Earth is Heaven. In 2008 I looked at a screen on ATS and it said there are 144,000 members. Does that number mean anything to you. It's the rapture. This site has been rapture d up into heaven just more of a metaphorical thing. You know the secrets of the world. You can see it as it really is.

For all the other living creatures this might be a hellish existence. But we are on the top of the food chain. We live like gods. Get into your "car" and drive 60 miles an hour to anywhere you wanna go. Use your "phone" and instantly talk to anyone in the world. Are intelligence has made us Gods. Everyday we do what 100' s of years ago would've been considered impossible.

I am more than content with my life. Went to work today left house at 9:00 am and we finished early about 3:30 so me and my dad went to local strip club to look at boobies. I saw this one girl today who was wearing a dress and as she walked by I noticed she was wearing a thong under her white dress. You could barely see it but it was there. Don't take the little things for granted. Yeah life is a lot of hard work but then there is the six pack on Friday or the chocolate chip cookie at the end of the day. Take me for example , I like to go places and stare at girls breasts. It makes me happy. I am a breast staring Jedi never get caught. Sounds like you need a hobby.

Our quality of life has never been better. Remember the 80's? Do you. You can't say things are worse now. Just think what the next four years of comedy shows will be like under President Trump. I bet that put a smile on your face. You got too put that frown upside down, life is a garden dig it.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SilentHill666

Take me for example , I like to go places and stare at girls breasts. It makes me happy. 

Nice. That's something we should all aspire to do.

I'm not a Debbie downer, I just see the world and know it's screwed up. I don't think it should be ignored personally. If it's ignored nothing will change.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
In my life I personally meet more good people than bad, most people want to be good, want to help and be kind to each other. Obviously there are going to be bad folk around, but on the whole, most people are pretty good caring people trying to do their best in lives.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: paraphi

Do the birds or or other wildlife work a job to gain money in order to buy food? No, they work directly for their meal, they don't go through a middle man to get their daily bread. Money is a tool to incite slavery. We are the only species on Earth that uses money to buy things, which is why I said we have gone against the natural order of things in my OP.

Money is not the problem, nor is it the root of evil. Money is only the physical manifestation of our hearts. How we go about getting money, what we will do or sacrifice for it, and how we spend it, fundamentally, stems from our inner character.

If we are selfish, egotistical, greedy, dishonest, apathetic, or immoral, it will show in our acquirement and use of money. If we are loving, caring, compassionate, honest, and empathetic, it will show in our gain and use of money.

Mankind is not the only species on Earth that uses money to buy things. Money is simply the intermediary for barter and trade; This for That.

Male chimpanzees trade gifts of food with females for sexual intercourse. In fact, many male insects and animals give Nuptial Gifts to their mates. Food and tokens for sex is a type of trade, i.e., money.

• Love gifts in the animal kingdom
• Nuptial gifts in insects and spiders

The many examples of biological Mutualism can also be viewed as trade; money.

As far as working jobs to get money to eat,... we can always forage, farm, fish, or hunt for food. Worse come to worst, we can even eat bugs and suck rocks for nutrients! We do not "have" to work for food, we simply work to get easy and more satisfying food.

All communal and social animals work and have designated jobs. In lion prides and meerkat clans, some individuals serve as babysitters, some as food providers, and some as fighter protectors.

Beavers, birds, spiders, ants, termites, and bees work tirelessly everyday to build and sustain their homes, in addition to feeding themselves.

Each and everything in my reality was created by someone for my benefit and use,.... Internet, satellites, indoor lighting, and the roads and paths that I use,... the shoes and clothes I wear,... my vehicle, house, and all things in it,... and the millions of things I have used and will use in my life were made by someone else. It is too monstrous a feat for me to forge all of these things, therefore, I trade and barter for them; money.

I concede, that, the Earth is bountiful enough that we could all share in its riches and live like royalty. However, we all must undergo a collective evolution of consciousness toward love and altruism before this can happen. This is something I hope to contribute to by cultivating and radiating love. But until then, utilizing trade, barter, or money does not make us any more or less free than the animals.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

So you deny the things in the OP exist today and have existed for a while now?

No, but a great many good things that you're choosing to ignore also exist.

It is as bad as all that because it all happens on a regular basis.

So do the good things.

There are other forms of oppression other than war, that's why I mentioned other things besides war in the OP.

But they're not as bad as war are they?

Even in this era of "peace" there has been deception and greed. Do deny that is to deny the state of the world today.

There's also kindness and honesty, do you deny that?

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Nah - life on earth is the best thing that you have ever experienced.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

This was a post on my personal theology of hell, I never denied that there is good in this world, I even said so on the first page of the thread. I was only pointing out all the bad that happens in the world on a daily basis, this is not to ignore the good, but it is my theology of what hell represents, the evil in this world.

If you'd like I can do one on how "Heaven is Literally on Earth". Heaven is where man has yet to touch, it is in the rainforests and wildernesses, but hell keeps encroaching on it little by little with human expansion and deforestation. When a forest is wiped out to build a Walmart and its parking lot, the native species of that area go through hell, they lose everything. For what? To expand human consumerism. We are a greedy bunch for the most part.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Basic agreement with OP.

Yeah, the enjoyment one gets from being alive, aware, is relative ... some lives on this planet are as bad as can be imagined, or worse... and from a human perspective, even the comparatively benign, affluent West has a common experience of being plugged into a survival 9-5 job, which IS a form of soft slavery, and many are not doing work satisfying to their being, but instead "work" for a master to simply continue to exist with little time for themselves. It IS a broken, classist system with less choice than most believe... and I know many good folks who are suicidal due to this system we have ...

But some have found a relative peace and motive for existing and are having a "nice" experience here... even IF their economics are grinding them into the dirt, other people let them down, or far worse.

So I guess I'm saying this experience is relative... and one person's idea of "perfection" is not going to be everyone's.

But we could certainly do better... simply imagining how it would be to live as something/someone else is a start... empathy fixes quite a bit... and we're slowly learning that. But quite a few of us are still stuck in our own perspective and don't ever bother with the "bigger" picture.

The problem now is that we have to learn to see that larger view ...fast... or humans and a huge swath of other critters are going to go extinct. We are facing a real environmental crisis, despite the details. The people hating life are mostly okay with that... I'm frequently depressed, but I'm not okay with mass extinction as that limits possibilities to zero.

I hope more people want to make a better world and can agree as to what that is. A world able to sustain life is a good start.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

Human money is a bit different than animals bartering and trading. Money is made out of thin air with an arbitrary debt attached to it, the barter and trade of animals is much different from that. Their "money" has inherent value, our money does not in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

a reply to: Sahabi

Human money is a bit different than animals bartering and trading. Money is made out of thin air with an arbitrary debt attached to it, the barter and trade of animals is much different from that. Their "money" has inherent value, our money does not in my opinion.

The money you receive is a representation of the value of the work you have done.

I suppose if you find your job to have no value, then I am sorry for your miserable existence. But as tedious as what I do is, it does have value and my time and effort are worth something, so the money I make is the physical representation of that since I would be a little difficult for me to barter my skill to people directly, not everyone needs my skill all the time. They do and will however accept the value I've built up in my money.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

and even if your existence is miserable, it is still the best existence you have had.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Really now, so these big CEO's deserve their salaries because it represents how hard they work? And what about those people who win the lottery? How hard did they work? You're argument doesn't make sense when you look at all the angles instead of the official one. Money is used to oppress us financially, it is a burden over us. Look at the U.S. debt, it is a burden and we the people will eventually have to pay it back one way or another.

Money is a broken system, the wealth inequality gap proves that. Money is SUPPOSED to be a measure of how much work you do, but it isn't anymore.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Also, money and jobs are a product of industrialization and agriculture. Both destroy the world for profit. We live in a broken system that was built to fail and money is the facilitator of it.

Don't believe me? All you have to do is watch the news. Yes, there are good things in this world but modern society is broken from the foundation up. The infrastructure of modern society is weak and will eventually fall, just as it was designed to do.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Great post, I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more stars than just mine. You speak the truth, the system is broken and we are slaves to this broken system. Most people do not want to hear this basic truth, sometimes the truth is hard to swallow. We all grew up in it and try to defend it because it's all we've ever known, but their are still those who break free from the illusion. They are few and far between though.

Thank you for your thoughts.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
if hell is on earth and we are already inside of it, then whats stopping us from doing whatever we wanted as if nothing mattered? What would be the point of heaven also if we were already in hell?

Or do you believe you have to go through hell to get to heaven?

I will say one thing, in revelation jesus says to one of the angels in the churches, "I know you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead."

Also, it says in revelation that the Dragon, the false prophet, and the beast are all thrown into the lake of fire where they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

The Dragon, The ancient Serpent, who lead the whole world astray. would he be in charge of this hell or would he burn in it like everyone else there?
edit on 16-9-2015 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-9-2015 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro

Maybe suffering is required for good things to happen. If you want to get in shape you must suffer in the gym, the same may go for heaven and hell as well. I don't know for sure though.

Heaven is on Earth in certain places though, mainly the places yet to be touched by modern society.

Heaven is also within if you see things in the right light. Love, compassion, empathy, etc. are signs of heaven within.

Hell can also be within if you see things in the wrong light. Hate, indifference, complacency, etc. are signs of hell within.

A tool must go through the fire in order for it to be refined and made whole. The same may go for us. Heavy persecution (fire) leads to freedom (being refined).

This is a bit off topic though.
edit on 9/16/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join