It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irving 9th-grader arrested after taking homemade clock to school: 'So you tried to make a bomb?'

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

I think all you who cry phobias and mistreatment should all get identical half bombs that beep just like the one the kid had then you should carry it around in public for a day and see how that works out for you. That will not happen because you all know better just like this young mans parents knew better.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

I think all you who cry phobias and mistreatment should all get identical half bombs that beep just like the one the kid had then you should carry it around in public for a day and see how that works out for you. That will not happen because you all know better just like this young mans parents knew better.

You still havent explained how a clock is half a bomb...im waiting

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

We can not ignore the fact that most terrorist practice islam and anytime they are singled out then that gives you all the right to cry about some phobia.

Not one single person here has asked the real question of what kind of parents let their kid out into a dog eat dog racist world while holding half a bomb or the fact that this was not a school sponsored project.

What do you all think would happen when bubba starts carrying his school books in a gun case?

Please tell us how a clock is half a bomb? Should Radio Shack be shut down? Or Maplin? They sell things you can use to make half a bomb with

Please tell us how a kid taking a clock to school is a bad thing? Are you really that scared my friend?

Not a single person has brought up what you did becasue its an absolutely ridiculous thing to brinbg up. They are bad parents because they let their kid take a clock to school...wow

I wouldn't say bad parents, but not too much common sense. You look out at the realities of the stupidity in public schools. You see the image of Muslims and terrorists and so fourth. You look at a clock and in all honesty can't expect a lot of people to know this difference.

You say sure go ahead. You had to expect a reaction. The reaction that took place was maybe not exactly what was expected, but you had to expect one. Again, many messed up things in the world. Until reality matches what should be, you can dream about the should be but operate in reality. Bad patents...no. Tue common sense of a tree stump......yes.

OK sure, ill conced that=..maybe it was a slight lapse in common sense. The fact is they probably didnt even know he took it.

But ill draw the line there. Lapse of common sense

Not going to disagree, not justifying what took place. But when accounting for public schools known to over react and so forth, anyone really surprised? Anyone really can't believe it happened? Anyone really expect it to end than how it did?

I would be more shocked if it didn't happen than did. But I supposed if it happened how it should have, we wouldn't be reading about it.

Im not so suprised the device was questioned...i am about his treatment..but then its the US we are talking about.

Beyond the US it's how public schools roll with over reaction, hyper sensitivity, and zero tolerance policies and attitudes. It sucks. A lot of kids get caught up in the madness. Its what happens when logic is thrown out the window and replaced with knee jerk based "solutions". Don't see it ending anytime soon.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

You are full of it..cower away. My dad would of helped me build it

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

We can not ignore the fact that most terrorist practice islam and anytime they are singled out then that gives you all the right to cry about some phobia.

Not one single person here has asked the real question of what kind of parents let their kid out into a dog eat dog racist world while holding half a bomb or the fact that this was not a school sponsored project.

What do you all think would happen when bubba starts carrying his school books in a gun case?

Please tell us how a clock is half a bomb? Should Radio Shack be shut down? Or Maplin? They sell things you can use to make half a bomb with

Please tell us how a kid taking a clock to school is a bad thing? Are you really that scared my friend?

Not a single person has brought up what you did becasue its an absolutely ridiculous thing to brinbg up. They are bad parents because they let their kid take a clock to school...wow

I wouldn't say bad parents, but not too much common sense. You look out at the realities of the stupidity in public schools. You see the image of Muslims and terrorists and so fourth. You look at a clock and in all honesty can't expect a lot of people to know this difference.

You say sure go ahead. You had to expect a reaction. The reaction that took place was maybe not exactly what was expected, but you had to expect one. Again, many messed up things in the world. Until reality matches what should be, you can dream about the should be but operate in reality. Bad patents...no. Tue common sense of a tree stump......yes.

OK sure, ill conced that=..maybe it was a slight lapse in common sense. The fact is they probably didnt even know he took it.

But ill draw the line there. Lapse of common sense

Not going to disagree, not justifying what took place. But when accounting for public schools known to over react and so forth, anyone really surprised? Anyone really can't believe it happened? Anyone really expect it to end than how it did?

I would be more shocked if it didn't happen than did. But I supposed if it happened how it should have, we wouldn't be reading about it.

Im not so suprised the device was questioned...i am about his treatment..but then its the US we are talking about.

Beyond the US it's how public schools roll with over reaction, hyper sensitivity, and zero tolerance policies and attitudes. It sucks. A lot of kids get caught up in the madness. Its what happens when logic is thrown out the window and replaced with knee jerk based "solutions". Don't see it ending anytime soon.

Me neither

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Bull sht! bull! sht bull sht! and more Bull sht... we made stuff back in our dayz that looked much worse than what that young man made, and no one called the police and the bomb squad, but in the event some kid actually make a bomb that can fit into a pencil size holder and blow us all to hell, my spirit or ghost if there is one will pop tall and salute the clever lil bastard,...Home Of The Free and Land Of The Brave means taking chances.
Btw I am in no way religious but I hope and pray that this lil young geek grow up to solve some of our most pressing problems that can't be fixed by useless politicians.
Just Saying.
edit on 18-9-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Bull sht! bull! sht bull sht! and more Bull sht... we made stuff back in our dayz that looked much worse than what that young man made, and no one called the police and the bomb squad, but in the event some kid actually make a bomb that can fit into a pencil size holder and blow us all to hell, my spirit or ghost if there is one will pop tall and salute the clever lil bastard,...Home Of The Free and Land Of The Brave means taking chances.
Btw I am in no way religious but I hope and pray that this lil young geek grow up to solve sme of our most pressing that can't be fixed by useless politicians.
Just Saying.

Absolutely. I used to take gun cotton that i made at home with my own nitric and sulfurc acid to school and show it off to the class with the teachers blessing. Nobody questioned how i got the acids. No one cared.

Answer: My friendly pharmacist....it was a musch simpler time back then. You also used to be able to by potassium nitrate in Boots (big high street chain pharmacy in the UK)..of course they also sold carbon and sulfur.
edit on 18-9-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Btw I am in no way religious but I hope and pray that this lil young geek grow up to solve some of our most pressing that can't be fixed by useless politicians.
Just Saying.

the bs is all yours
when I was 12 I would bring a shotgun to school so I could go hunting with friends that weekend.
we are not in Kansas anymore and the scenario I laid out where people would carry around this young mans half bomb for a day may end up in death for those brave enough to do it

I hope and pray that this lil young geek grow up to solve some of our most pressing problems that can't be fixed by useless politicians.

ditto
however he is in need of a large common sense injection for that to happen
edit on 18-9-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Btw I am in no way religious but I hope and pray that this lil young geek grow up to solve some of our most pressing that can't be fixed by useless politicians.
Just Saying.

the bs is all yours
when I was 12 I would bring a shotgun to school so I could go hunting with friends that weekend.
we are not in Kansas anymore and the scenario I laid out where people would carry around this young mans half bomb for a day may end up in death for those brave enough to do it

I hope and pray that this lil young geek grow up to solve some of our most pressing problems that can't be fixed by useless politicians.

ditto

Oh c'mon Deadeye..what common sense does a 14yrs old need to apply, a competent lab teacher would have simply looked over his design for a freaking clock, and deduce that it wasn't a threat, but the stage had been set the Mayor's attitude way long before this incident ,by scaring everyone that her town in the middle of nowhere as far as I am concerned is about to fall to Sharia Law..really????
edit on 18-9-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Btw I am in no way religious but I hope and pray that this lil young geek grow up to solve some of our most pressing problems that can't be fixed by useless politicians.
Just Saying.

When I was young we used to make berry guns. Take a piece of wood, put a nail in the front of it. The take a clothes pin and a bunch of rubber bands. Make the rubber bands as tight as possible on the underneath of the clothes pin to hold in place. Pick whatever berrys with a stem before they are ripe. Put the stem in the clothes pin and a few rubber bands extending from the nail and around the berry part. When you pushed the clothes pin the berry flew out. They hurt but really innocent.

We used to put them in our back packs, go to school and afterwards game on. I bet in this day taking one of these innocent berry guns to school and having it discovered would lead to arrest and expulsion. Point is we used to do a lot of stuff you just aren't doing today? Taking real guns to school to go hunting after ? A fight used to be someone getting knocked on their @ss and its over, what happens these days and the reaction?. I guess even my beloved dodge ball is a no go these days. Not right what happened, but expected.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

So the cops will be charged with false arrest and kidnapping a minor right? The teacher and any other school official will be charged with calling in a bomb scare?

Yeah...

Come up North

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
And yet,

remember this?

Boy, 7, suspended for shaping pastry into gun,

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Equally stupid same as drawing guns. My brother used to draw missiles and rockets in school.

Zero tolerance policies have got to go.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Just Saying.

the bs is all yours

ditto

Oh c'mon Deadeye..what common sense does a 14yrs old need to apply, a competent lab teacher would have simply looked over his design for a freaking clock, and deduce that it wasn't a threat, but the stage had been set the Mayor's attitude way long before this incident ,by scaring everyone that her town in the middle of nowhere as far as I am concerned is about to fall to Sharia Law..really????

I believe that they did have to come to the conclusion that it was not a bomb but were left with the fact it looked exactly like a bomb. at that point they were left with the question of intent and since it was not a school project and he had no legitimate reason to bring it they believed there was a strong chance he had bad intentions

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: olaru12

So the cops will be charged with false arrest and kidnapping a minor right? The teacher and any other school official will be charged with calling in a bomb scare?

Yeah...

Come up North

No thanks I grew up in the north, more madness there. That's why I'm not. But we all agree the zero tolerance, hyper sensitivity, and over reactions need to go.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
And yet,

remember this?

In a time of "see something, say something" this is a lose/lose event. Drawing a gun, making a gun shape from a pop tart, making a clock with wires etc. in a suitcase. "Follow orders and see something, say something. We need your help in stopping violence." Now it's "see something, say something. You must be a racist." Do something or don't do something, you lose either way.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

And yet,

remember this?

In a time of "see something, say something" this is a lose/lose event. Drawing a gun, making a gun shape from a pop tart, making a clock with wires etc. in a suitcase. "Follow orders and see something, say something. We need your help in stopping violence." Now it's "see something, say something. You must be a racist." Do something or don't do something, you lose either way.

Fair point, can't argue. Still in the end the over reaction , hyper senstive, zero tolerance crap in schools is the root issue. That environment was pushed by many., we got what some asked for. One more kid caught up in the crazy.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

And yet,

remember this?

Fair point, can't argue. Still in the end the over reaction , hyper senstive, zero tolerance crap in schools is the root issue. That environment was pushed by many., we got what some asked for. One more kid caught up in the crazy.

Agreed. 40 years ago a kid could take his hunting rifle to school because he went hunting before school and no one would even blink. In fact, a teacher might even engage the kid in a conversation about hunting and comparing guns etc. What you are saying was exactly my point. See something, say something became the mantra and look at the result.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: evc1shopThis kid did not even really "create" anything except trouble for himself. I have looked at the picture and I can tell you that this is simply a clock, stripped out of it's typical plastic shell and remounted inside a pencil/supply case.

Your right evc1shop, except the PC crowd open their doors to him for the wrong reasons, instead of being punished for making a prop bomb, he gets the VIP treatment. Only in 2015.... I dunno are they still putting fluoride in the water, this is what happens when the population is given mass medication.

originally posted by: evc1shopOh and it is missing a payload like an explosive compound, too.

Not really

You see the white package in the corner, under the netting.... looks like a c4 prop, probably a silica gel packet... but still.... look at that speaker wire hanging out in that direction! : O

originally posted by: evc1shopWhat do you think it is, really?

It's certainly a clock, but designed to look like a prop bomb made by a 14 year old.

originally posted by: evc1shopOh, I have built many things in wooden cigar boxes and inside the aluminum cigar tubes, too. What does that make me?

I implore you to buy a suitcase, or even a little pencil case, fit it with a gutted clock, a pretty red lcd display and wires dangling out... Then hop on a New York train and set the alarm to go off..... just try that and we will see what that makes you.
edit on 18-9-2015 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I think a picture is worth a thousand words. Only a sympathizer would call what the kid made a clock.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join