It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irving 9th-grader arrested after taking homemade clock to school: 'So you tried to make a bomb?'

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
Are you serious? "its ok everyone!!....we are just going to humiliate and harass a muslim kid..NOT because we think its a bomb"

And the ATS muslim hate train keeps rollin' rollin' rollin'

Going by the account of things, that certainly looks like what happened. When I went to highschool, we had a few bomb threats at my school. Once someone just phoned it in. The school was evacuated then we were let back in when it turned out to be a false alarm. The second time it was phoned in, we were evacuated, then the police found a suspicious package (which turned out to be an unattended and benign backpack). They took it outside with the bomb squad and blew it up with a water cannon, but before that, they sent us home. Notice a pattern between those two events that didn't occur with this event in Texas?

And you are trying to suggest that THIS school took this "bomb threat" seriously? HA!

i think we are getting our wires crossed:

- I dont think they took this "bomb threat" seriously
- I dont think they really thought it was a bomb
- I believe it was hrassing a muslim student..plain and simple
- I think their actions were disgusting

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Well that's Islamophobia.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Indeed it is. Very blatant as well..

But seeing the level of islamophobia on this website the last 2 weeks, nothing suprises me anymore

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Irving police chief admits: Cops knew Ahmed Mohamed didn’t have a bomb when they arrested him

www.rawstory.com...

Texans.....

Sometimes I'm ashamed to be one..
edit on 18-9-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
you do not have to have a bomb to break the law.
He left it up to the officials to determine his intent.

I am reminded of the guy that on the 1st anniversary of the boston bombings he filled a pressure cooker with strips of paper and marched over the ashes of the slain. He is still in jail.

Intent is the whole of the law

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

It is justice

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

It is justice

How is handcuffing a kid who had a clockl in his bag justice?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Call it whatever helps you wrap your head around it. But these are the same public schools that go into crazy mode over a drawing of a gun. As in paper, pencil, picture.

The average teacher looks at wires, timer, so fourth. Not at all what it was, most agree another case of over reaction and stupidity, quite honestly things like this happen, will continue to happen, and a good portion of the public asked for it. Don't complain now. Label away.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

Call it whatever helps you wrap your head around it. But these are the same public schools that go into crazy mode over a drawing of a gun. As in paper, pencil, picture.

The average teacher looks at wires, timer, so fourth. Not at all what it was, most agree another case of over reaction and stupidity, quite honestly things like this happen, will continue to happen, and a good portion of the public asked for it. Don't complain now. Label away.

If i didnt see islamophobia every day in the news and on ATS, i might not be so quick to label this incident as that...but i do, so i do.

And i agree with you..schools and people are WAY too scared of everything these days

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

If i didnt see islamophobia every day in the news and on ATS, i might not be so quick to label this incident as that...but i do, so i do.

And i agree with you..schools and people are WAY too scared of everything these days

Do you think the reaction would have been different from what we see if Ahmed had drawn a gun or a white kid had brought this school? Knowing all the stupid over reactions we see in public schools happening to all kids of all backgrounds, do you honestly think either of the other situations I mention would have been different had he drawn a picture or he was a Christian named Bob?

I personally don't. It's what we see in public schools everyday across America. Absolutely stupid, but again many segments of society helped create the atmosphere. We are now seeing the end result.
edit on 18-9-2015 by Reallyfolks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
We can not ignore the fact that most terrorist practice islam and anytime they are singled out then that gives you all the right to cry about some phobia.

Not one single person here has asked the real question of what kind of parents let their kid out into a dog eat dog racist world while holding half a bomb or the fact that this was not a school sponsored project.

What do you all think would happen when bubba starts carrying his school books in a gun case?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Do you think the reaction would have been different from what we see if Ahmed had drawn a gun or a white kid had brought this school? Knowing all the stupid over reactions we see in public schools happening to all kids of all backgrounds, do you honestly think either of the other situations I mention would have been different had he drawn a picture or he was a Christian named Bob?

I personally don't. It's what we see in public schools everyday across America. Absolutely stupid, but again many segments of society helped create the atmosphere. We are now seeing the end result.

Maybe. But as i said, knowing how much of america feels about muslims, i would have no trouble believeing this was a case of islamophobia. Who knows? I dont, its just my opinion. You may be right that it isnt, and its just a regular case of the general p*ssification of schools.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

We can not ignore the fact that most terrorist practice islam and anytime they are singled out then that gives you all the right to cry about some phobia.

Not one single person here has asked the real question of what kind of parents let their kid out into a dog eat dog racist world while holding half a bomb or the fact that this was not a school sponsored project.

What do you all think would happen when bubba starts carrying his school books in a gun case?

Please tell us how a clock is half a bomb? Should Radio Shack be shut down? Or Maplin? They sell things you can use to make half a bomb with

Please tell us how a kid taking a clock to school is a bad thing? Are you really that scared my friend?

Not a single person has brought up what you did becasue its an absolutely ridiculous thing to brinbg up. They are bad parents because they let their kid take a clock to school...wow
edit on 18-9-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Not one single person here has asked the real question of what kind of parents let their kid out into a dog eat dog racist world while holding half a bomb...

You can buy better off the shelf. Dallas Semi sells a RTC we used to call the Terrorist's Special.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Maybe. But as i said, knowing how much of america feels about muslims, i would have no trouble believeing this was a case of islamophobia. Who knows? I dont, its just my opinion. You may be right that it isnt, and its just a regular case of the general p*ssification of schools.

It may be both, we have seen this repeated to often to ignore the latter. I would say the push of islamophobia actually helped him in the end. Probably set up for a good future, haven't seen anyone else get an invite to the Whitehouse after an over reaction issue include the black lady someone posted on the previous page and her volcano science project.

Shouldn't have happened, in the end he fared better than I have ever seen before.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Please tell us how a clock is half a bomb? Should Radio Shack be shut down? Or Maplin? They sell things you can use to make half a bomb with

Please tell us how a kid taking a clock to school is a bad thing? Are you really that scared my friend?

Not a single person has brought up what you did becasue its an absolutely ridiculous thing to brinbg up. They are bad parents because they let their kid take a clock to school...wow

I wouldn't say bad parents, but not too much common sense. You look out at the realities of the stupidity in public schools. You see the image of Muslims and terrorists and so fourth. You look at a clock and in all honesty can't expect a lot of people to know this difference.

You say sure go ahead. You had to expect a reaction. The reaction that took place was maybe not exactly what was expected, but you had to expect one. Again, many messed up things in the world. Until reality matches what should be, you can dream about the should be but operate in reality. Bad parents...no. the common sense of a tree stump......yes.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I wouldn't say bad parents, but not too much common sense. You look out at the realities of the stupidity in public schools. You see the image of Muslims and terrorists and so fourth. You look at a clock and in all honesty can't expect a lot of people to know this difference.

You say sure go ahead. You had to expect a reaction. The reaction that took place was maybe not exactly what was expected, but you had to expect one. Again, many messed up things in the world. Until reality matches what should be, you can dream about the should be but operate in reality. Bad patents...no. Tue common sense of a tree stump......yes.

OK sure, ill conced that=..maybe it was a slight lapse in common sense. The fact is they probably didnt even know he took it.

But ill draw the line there. Lapse of common sense

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

You say sure go ahead. You had to expect a reaction. The reaction that took place was maybe not exactly what was expected, but you had to expect one. Again, many messed up things in the world. Until reality matches what should be, you can dream about the should be but operate in reality. Bad patents...no. Tue common sense of a tree stump......yes.

OK sure, ill conced that=..maybe it was a slight lapse in common sense. The fact is they probably didnt even know he took it.

Not going to disagree, not justifying what took place. But when accounting for public schools known to over react and so forth, anyone really surprised? Anyone really can't believe it happened? Anyone really expect it to end than how it did?

I would be more shocked if it didn't happen than did. But I supposed if it happened how it should have, we wouldn't be reading about it.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Not going to disagree, not justifying what took place. But when accounting for public schools known to over react and so forth, anyone really surprised? Anyone really can't believe it happened? Anyone really expect it to end than how it did?

I would be more shocked if it didn't happen than did. But I supposed if it happened how it should have, we wouldn't be reading about it.

Im not so suprised the device was questioned...i am about his treatment..but then its the US we are talking about.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
i think part of this is the school teaching children to stay in line, never question authority, etc. Any deviation from stringent rules is a serious infraction. Training to be future good citizens. Eating a pop tart into the shape of a gun is an obvious and serious threat to life as we know it.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join