It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irving 9th-grader arrested after taking homemade clock to school: 'So you tried to make a bomb?'

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

(Pacepalm#3)

It was a pencilcase. There was no fear involved. No terrorism. Paranoid much???

You can hit yourself in the face all day..... I used to have a crazy neighbor who did that.

Pencil-case.... suitcase.... really doesn't matter, pretty much the same.....

And the sheer lack of anything resembling explosives??? Care to comment on that?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Are you suggesting that dark skinned people with bags or electronics are somehow not only a threat, but are attempting to instill terror in others???

haha good one..... you must be trolling for stars.

The ONLY thing I'm suggesting is that it looks like a bomb...... just playing with Jadestar thoughts.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Are you suggesting that dark skinned people with bags or electronics are somehow not only a threat, but are attempting to instill terror in others???

The ONLY thing I'm suggesting is that it looks like a bomb...... just playing with Jadestar thoughts.

No, once again, lack of explosives = not a bomb. How many times do I need to repeat myself???

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg
I agree with you that it is just a clock. go back to my post just after yours on page 14 and you can see I have outlined it all.
Cheers!

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Have you ever seen a triggered timer, you don't know maybe it plugs into another device..... most people are pretty good at hiding explosives. Remember the Underwear Bomber?

Did anyone check this kid underwear?

edit on 18-9-2015 by imitator because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Interesting take on it......if they thought it was a bomb, why was the school not evacuated? Why was a suspected bomb taken to the school office, therefore putting everyone at risk?

Safety or humiliating a young muslim boy?

m.imgur.com...

CX.
edit on 18/9/15 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Ahmed was then handcuffed “for his safety and for the safety of the officers”

Hah, yeah, a skinny 14 year old kid needed to be shackled because he would have been too much for the Irving PD to handle, had he decided he needed his mum.

Irving Mayor Beth Van Duyne took to Facebook to defend the actions of the school district and police, saying their daily work helped make Irving “one of the safest cities in the country.” “I do not fault the school or the police for looking into what they saw as a potential threat,” Van Duyne wrote. “We have all seen terrible and violent acts committed in schools. ... Perhaps some of those could have been prevented and lives could have been spared if people were more vigilant.”

The mayor later amended her post, acknowledging that she would be “very upset” had the same thing happened to her own child.

At a joint press conference with Irving ISD, Chief Larry Boyd said the device — confiscated by an English teacher despite the teen’s insistence that it was a clock — was “certainly suspicious in nature.” School officers questioned Ahmed about the device and why Ahmed had brought it to school.

Boyd said Ahmed was then handcuffed “for his safety and for the safety of the officers” and taken to a juvenile detention center. He was later released to his parents, Boyd said. “The follow-up investigation revealed the device apparently was a homemade experiment, and there’s no evidence to support the perception he intended to create alarm,” Boyd said, describing the incident as a “naive accident."

Take note people. Essentially, what the authorities are saying, is that if you have a name that sounds Arabic, and you bring an electronic device to school, you're a terrorist.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Where are the parts that resemble explosives? I can't see any. And i'm not the only one.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I am positive this young lad is not a terrorist . But by arresting him and treating him like one . Well they may have just created a potential one .

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Have you ever seen a triggered timer, you don't know maybe it plugs into another device..... most people are pretty good at hiding explosives. Remember the Underwear Bomber?

Did anyone check this kid underwear?

And now you're trolling us.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CX

Embedded for you. It is how it went down, that really ought to give people some perspective. No one at any point was scared.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Generation9
Doesn't anybody see how goofy this is? The kid didn't ''build a clock''. He just took the functioning guts out of an ordinary bedroom alarm clock and put them into another case. Some people are saying it is a small brief case or a pencil case. The kid is delusional to imagine that he built a clock. Is this special ed or something? No wonder police were questioning his actions and motives. He did not build a clock. Can anybody understand this?!!

I liked how he called it his "invention" in the interview!

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Beyond obvious that this is a case of Islamophobia. I don't know why anyone is defending the police or the teacher in this instance. This is pure bigotry on display here.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: CX

Embedded for you. It is how it went down, that really ought to give people some perspective. No one at any point was scared.

Are you serious? "its ok everyone!!....we are just going to humiliate and harass a muslim kid..NOT because we think its a bomb"

And the ATS muslim hate train keeps rollin' rollin' rollin'

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Enderdog

Haven't really seen any speculation in this thread about the picture of him being arrested. Just about perfectly composed with the NASA shirt.....cop in background....expression on his face.....angled just right to see the handcuffs....hi-def....

Anyway....certainly nothing that could be proven. Maybe someone did just happen to catch a single perfect moment. Maybe a teacher had her cell phone handy. Just looks a bit odd to me.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

No it's not okay. The post was made to say exactly that. To point out to those who try to justify what they did to this kid with "well what if had been a bomb and no one did anything?", that they never treated it like a bomb scare to begin with... they never thought it was a bomb, they knew it wasn't and they put that kid through all of that anyway.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

No it's not okay. The post was made to say exactly that. To point out to those who try to justify what they did to this kid with "well what if had been a bomb and no one did anything?", that they never treated it like a bomb scare to begin with... they never thought it was a bomb, they knew it wasn't and they put that kid through all of that anyway.

I see....my apologies mate.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

No worries.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
Are you serious? "its ok everyone!!....we are just going to humiliate and harass a muslim kid..NOT because we think its a bomb"

And the ATS muslim hate train keeps rollin' rollin' rollin'

Going by the account of things, that certainly looks like what happened. When I went to highschool, we had a few bomb threats at my school. Once someone just phoned it in. The school was evacuated then we were let back in when it turned out to be a false alarm. The second time it was phoned in, we were evacuated, then the police found a suspicious package (which turned out to be an unattended and benign backpack). They took it outside with the bomb squad and blew it up with a water cannon, but before that, they sent us home. Notice a pattern between those two events that didn't occur with this event in Texas?

And you are trying to suggest that THIS school took this "bomb threat" seriously? HA!
edit on 18-9-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Thank you.

CX.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join