It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you know that prophecy can be real and false at the same time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I don't want to speak too highly of myself but I am an expert on prophecies

Most of you are not aware that some prophecies are legit and yet wrong at the same time

Some people in our past as well as present can see the future events but interpret them through available future propaganda that exists in media and minds of tricked people

Some people could see 9/11 but they could also see that almost everyone will pin it on Osama bin Laden

Therefore never realising it was false flag and reported true event but false understanding of event

This happens ALL the time folks

That's the problem
edit on 16-9-2015 by ReadyAREyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Well then what good is prophesy if it can't be relied upon with any acurracy? What good is prophesy if it is wrong 50% of the time? How can it even be prophesy if it is only noticed after the events occured? This is the problem with after the fact prophesy.

People dream all the time. Some people post their dreams here every day, hoping one of them will come true in some sideways fashion so they can get some kind of recognition for it. Then if they do get a hit, they start professing how in tune they are or just start calling themselves a prophet. Much to the dismay of reasonable people everywhere. Not to mention the detriment to people who actually believe in such things. It becomes point of confirmation bias for those who "want to believe".

This site is for weeding out the claims that are false or unprovable. Hence the deny ignorance motto. Lately it has become a mecca for all things BS. Like this OP's claims.

a reply to: ReadyAREyou

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadyAREyou

Usually prophecies are incredibly vague with no specifics and so can be misinterpreted in many different ways.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Lately it has become a mecca for all things BS.

Was that an intentional pun? lol.

The track record of prophecy is really low. Thousands of religious prophecies, and none of them true, unless they are twisted, perverted, retro-fitted, and re-interpreted to fit the events. Humans are notoriously bad prophets. imho.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Op's post reminded me of the story of David in 1st Samuel 23

1Sa 23:1 Someone told David, "Look, the Philistines are fighting at Keilah and are plundering the threshing floors."
1Sa 23:2 David inquired of the LORD: "Shall I go and strike down these Philistines?" The LORD told David, "Go strike down the Philistines and deliver Keilah."
1Sa 23:3 David's men told him, "Look, we're afraid here in Judah. How much then, if we go to Keilah against the Philistine army?"
1Sa 23:4 David inquired of the LORD again, and the LORD answered him: "Get up, go down to Keilah. I'll give the Philistines into your control."
1Sa 23:5 David and his men went to Keilah and fought the Philistines. He carried off their livestock and defeated them decisively, and so David delivered the inhabitants of Keilah.
1Sa 23:6 Now when Ahimelech's son Abiathar had fled to David in Keilah, the ephod had come down with him.
1Sa 23:7 It was reported to Saul that David had come to Keilah, and Saul said, "The LORD has delivered him into my hand because he has shut himself in by going into a town with double gates and bars."
1Sa 23:8 Saul summoned for battle all his forces to go down to Keilah, to besiege David and his men.
1Sa 23:9 David knew that Saul was devising evil plans against him, and so he told Abiathar the priest, "Bring the ephod."
1Sa 23:10 David said, "LORD God of Israel. Your servant has definitely heard that Saul intends to come to Keilah to destroy the town because of me.
1Sa 23:11 Will the people of Keilah hand me over to him? Will Saul come down just as your servant has heard? LORD God of Israel, please inform your servant." The LORD said, "He will come down."
1Sa 23:12 Then David said, "Will the people of Keilah hand me over to Saul?" The LORD said, "They'll hand you over."
1Sa 23:13 David and his men, about 600 strong, got up and left Keilah. They moved around wherever they could go. Saul was advised that David had escaped from Keilah, so he stopped the campaign. ISV

Now in this story we see David asking some specific questions and getting some specific answers as to what would happen or better yet what could happen . "if", is a small word with many parts crucial to it's fulfilment . Free Will is the wild card .God told Johna that He would destroy NINEVEH "if" they didn't repent . They did and so God didn't . But Nineveh was eventually destroyed by the Chaldeans and the Medes . Even a broken clock can get the time correct .
edit on 16-9-2015 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Some people could see 9/11 but they could also see that almost everyone will pin it on Osama bin Laden

Any written material before 9-11 that supports that statement? I don't believe it.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReadyAREyou
Did you know that prophesy can be real and false at the same time

That seems to also be true for Bull$4!t.

Although this is also true of all scientific endeavour at least until all empirical evidence has been reviewed. So yeah

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
And once again excuses are made. I'll add "I interpreted the prophecy wrong." to the list of excuses.

Every time these so-called predictions fail to occur there is an excuse. I can't tell you how many times I've heard the excuses:

"It doesn't work that way"
"Oh, I must have been remote viewing an alternate dimension/parallel world instead."
"We revealed the evil plan, so the evil cabal was forced to not do the thing. Yay us!"
"The math was wrong, but now it's correct this time, honest!"
"Everyone else has got the date wrong, except me! Oops, it's actually this date...no this date...really this one."
"I was channeling, but it wasn't the good spirits - it was the bad spirits!"
"It really did happen but the less evolved/less spiritual/less awake/less intelligent just can't see it."
"Aliens/wizards/gods stopped it."

I cannot wait for the end of September. Soooooooo many people on this board are going to owe me an apology.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReadyAREyou
I don't want to speak too highly of myself but I am an expert on prophecies

Most of you are not aware that some prophecies are legit and yet wrong at the same time

Some people in our past as well as present can see the future events but interpret them through available future propaganda that exists in media and minds of tricked people

Therefore never realising it was false flag and reported true event but false understanding of event

This happens ALL the time folks

That's the problem

Moslem duplicity will provoke a split in the middle east because of a great person on the Jewish side. The Rhone Loire and Tagus will see changes when the greed for gold has died down. The fleet will be engulfed blood and sailors bodies will be floating.

To see the sky weep prompts a wail of sorrow.
The war fleets prepare the Moslem leader plans his tricks. The Pope swirls up at Saint Denis. The Army will delay mobilizing because no one will know what is secretly brewing and during this time people will be enjoying themselves.

Virulent words and debauchery will carry out there purpose in great Britain. Intellectuals will be imprisoned and opponents toutured. A fleet in the Adriatic will move towards the thames.the noise of war will wake a quarter of the inhabitants from their sleep.

I have much more for you.

top topics

join