It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 VR Experience - Oculus Rift - Obscene, Educational or Fun?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
As many of you will know I am a person who does not believe the Official Story on 9/11 is an adequate explanation of what happened, and will I suspect for the rest of my life delve into the investigation.

I recently stumbled across the following VR Experience which to be completely honest I have not had the chance to try directly.

Though the following clip gives you an Idea over what the experience entails...

My question being... is this experience Obscene, Educational or Fun?

And what place do you think this level of technology will have on investigations... could it be used to subvert and reprogram or is it another tool that can be used to both remember what happened and allow for new perspectives to be investigated?

Your thoughts on this are interesting to me.

edit on 16-9-2015 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Good God! That was dreadful. Gave me the chills big time. I can't think of any use for such a game whatsoever. I was hoping it could be used for educational purposes but to be honest it was just too scary I think. I shudder to think what would happen to a survivor who found themselves playing this would be PTSD big time! Quite a stupid pointless creation and I'm sure the makers won't get any further than publishing the demo...I hope

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I think this is in a category of it's own.

I am not sure how to feel about this relly.

I want to say "neat, interesting, sad, angry, etc, all in one .

So yeah Mixed emotions on this , I'll have to get back to you.

Ty for posting.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
Good God! That was dreadful. Gave me the chills big time. I can't think of any use for such a game whatsoever. I was hoping it could be used for educational purposes but to be honest it was just too scary I think. I shudder to think what would happen to a survivor who found themselves playing this would be PTSD big time! Quite a stupid pointless creation and I'm sure the makers won't get any further than publishing the demo...I hope

Do you think that your view point will still be valid in say another 10 years? what about 50 or 100 years?

I'm not saying I disagree with you per say, only it is interesting to understand how peoples perceptions of acceptability alter with distance from an event.

They say time heals.... but information is information, it does not alter with time. it is what it is.... or as history has taught us, it is what they write it is and what they say is acceptable for consumption.....

originally posted by: Kapusta
I think this is in a category of it's own.

I am not sure how to feel about this relly.

I want to say "neat, interesting, sad, angry, etc, all in one .

So yeah Mixed emotions on this , I'll have to get back to you.

Ty for posting.

You're most welcome.

I personally am in the exact same boat as you.

I can see the scientific advantage of taking data and examining it first hand, from perspectives that we were previously unable to with the exception of ones own fickle mind.

However.... the horror of it all.... I know that horror is a big theme in VR right now... but to apply it so effectively to the scenario is well... over whelming.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Korg Trinity

Wow..... godamn thats crazy!

to answer ur question: It is educational.

People should know every inch of that event imho. it is part of history and we should learn as much as we possibly can about it. including the situation inside (which we have very little documentation of, since most perished).

That being said... it gave me the creeps, especially the end... it felt awful. but that is because i have never seen it from that angle, literally! so that is another perspective.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

Wow..... godamn thats crazy!

to answer ur question: It is educational.

People should know every inch of that event imho. it is part of history and we should learn as much as we possibly can about it. including the situation inside (which we have very little documentation of, since most perished).

That being said... it gave me the creeps, especially the end... it felt awful. but that is because i have never seen it from that angle, literally! so that is another perspective.

I think a great project would be to create as accurate as possible reconstruction of the buildings within a 3D environment that can be manipulated in various ways to test various theories.

Create a virtual crime scene if you will....

The idea was already explored in Star Trek TNG

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Let people try and steer the 757 at 550+ knts to hit a building only 15' wider than the wingspan.

It's the equivalent of passing through your garage at 150 MPH without touching the sides.

Pretty good for dropouts. pffft.

pilots for 9/11 truth
edit on 16-9-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
there should therefore be an online flight sim where people can test this theory out!
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Let people try and steer the 757 at 550+ knts to hit a building only 15' wider than the wingspan.

It's the equivalent of passing through your garage at 150 MPH without touching the sides.

pilots for 9/11 truth

I couldn't agree more

Those planes were drones.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
it looks like a pretty straight forward attempt to educate the user in what the final moments of those people were like. although it should be more gritty and dark, more pulse pounding. has anyone seen "lets be cops"? there is a scene where the dude describes a video game that makes you feel as though your life were actually in peril, because thats what people want, a game as immersive as reality itself. which is a perfect opportunity to give you some experience in the events that have shaped (or will continue to shape) the world we actually live in. dora the explorer meets lara croft tomb raider, with a tragic historic twist. its also worth mentioning that the sensitization of 9/11 is a little bit theatrical in this context. its a damn video game, get over it.

but thats just my two cents.
edit on 16-9-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
How can the grafics in 2015 be that horrible?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Merinda
How can the grafics in 2015 be that horrible?

Aside from the fact that this is an independent developer, it is designed to run in VR.

VR at present needs a stable 75hz or FPS (frames per second) to function properly without causing vomit inducing experiences.... not caused by the content but caused by motion sickness.

As such a developer of VR has to take that into account given the fact that the images will be rendered twice to give the £D stereoscopic vision.

Suffice to say that looking at something on a screen is no comparison to being in VR... in VR you have a concept of size in relation to you.... things can appear to be bigger than you... not something that can be achieved on a monitor.

Hope this helps

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Maybe that's why the first plane was banked significantly at impact.
And why the second impacted on one side (edge) and exited the adjacent side.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I can teach this little girl how to do it in a very short period of time. It is just a matter of making adjustments to keep the target in the windscreen.

Well, let's take a look here at the issurance of a commercial pilots license to Hani Hanjour.

Hani's Commerical Pilot License

I might add that to acquire a commercial pilot license requires a skill level above that required for a private pilot license. Now, let's take a look here and notice that he holds a commercial pilot license.

Hani's Airmans Certificate and/or Rating Application

edit on 15-10-2015 by skyeagle409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Those planes were drones.

Let's see what American Airlines and United Airlines had to say.

Text: United Airlines Statement on Plane Crashes

Following is a statement issued by United Airlines on the crash of Flight 93 near Pittsburgh and Flight 175 in a location that was not immediately disclosed:
United Airlines has now confirmed that two of its aircraft have crashed.

— UA 93, a Boeing 757 aircraft, departed from Newark, N.J. at 8:01 a.m. local time, bound for San Francisco, with 38 passengers on board, two pilots, five flight attendants.

— UA 175, a Boeing 767 aircraft, departed from Boston at 7:58 a.m. local time, bound for Los Angeles, with 56 passengers on board, two pilots and seven flight attendants.

United has confirmed it will dispatch a team to Johnstown, Pa., as soon as possible to assist, in every way possible, with the investigation and to provide assistance to the family members.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Since the B-767 and the B-757 are not fly-by-wire aircraft, did you really think that American Airlines and United Airlines would have grounded their aircraft for many months in order to modify them into drones so they could be flown buildings?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

pilots for 9/11 truth

As a pilot of 46 years, my advice for you is not to use "Pilots For 911 Truth" as a reference. The founder, Rob Balsamo, and I, have gone head-to-head after I caught him DELIBERATELY posting disinformation and outright lies in another forum.

I continued to slam Rob until--like Elvis--he left the building.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
fun. like the JFK 'be the assassin' game available online. and the whole shebang was a game anyway.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: skyeagle409

as a non-pilot who disdains baloney my advice to all members is not to use 'skyeagle409' as a source for anything, ever. his/her/it's motives are as obvious as they are dubious.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

as a non-pilot who disdains baloney my advice to all members is not to use 'skyeagle409' as a source for anything, ever. his/her/it's motives are as obvious as they are dubious.

As a pilot of 46 years, and my mass amount of knowledge in the world of aviation, and more, I didn't become president of two aviation-related chapters that consist of military and commercial pilots, Instructor pilots, private pilots, student and sport pilots, military and FAA-certified technicians, military officers, enlisted personnel, and DoD civilians and retirees for no reason at all.

If you have any questions as whom I am, you can find me on the Internet. I am also historian for one of those chapters, and If you think my claims are dubious, you are challenged to prove me wrong with evidence. If not, you have no case.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: skyeagle409
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

As a pilot of 46 years,

and as someone who refuses to acknowledge anomalies that occurred preceding, during and following the events of 9/11 you have lost all credibility.

btw I can fly a plane too.... I may not have my wings but I've flown... and no not a simulator...... do you think that a pilot learning in a crop duster could then jump into a jumbo and fly it?? I certainly couldn't!!!

It took all my concentration to remember to switch tanks....

Korg.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join