It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Flip-Flops on Canada-Born Ted Cruz's Eligibility to Run

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Yes, according to Donald Trump, Canadian born Ted Cruz is indeed eligible to be president. He apparently had this checked out:

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has reversed his position on Ted Cruz’s eligibility to run for president, now saying his Canadian birthplace shouldn’t disqualify him.

“I hear it was checked out by every attorney and every which way and I understand Ted is in fine shape,” Trump told ABC News just before speaking at a Capitol Hill rally blasting the Iran nuclear deal.

abcnews.go.com...

That's the biggest flop if I ever saw one. Trump, once the champion of birthers, is now trying to appease a large segment of Republican voters (many who were probably Obama birthers themselves) by making Cruz the exception. What more is there to say really? For birthers, the matter is purely political and little to nothing to do with eligibility or the constitution. It was pretty obvious from the start. Trump makes this more so apparent.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I wouldn't say he flip flopped on it. He was going by what he thought was fact in the first place and was apparently told that because Cruz's mother was an American, it made Cruz an American by birth even though he was not born IN the US.

So I would say it is more a case of Trump finding out he was wrong in the first place and correcting his mistake.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Question is, did he change his birther position on Obama? Because Obama's mother was also a US citizen... I mean... all the lawyers checked that out, too. So, Donald... have you hung up your birther hat?

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I wouldn't say he flip flopped on it. He was going by what he thought was fact in the first place and was apparently told that because Cruz's mother was an American, it made Cruz an American by birth even though he was not born IN the US.

So I would say it is more a case of Trump finding out he was wrong in the first place and correcting his mistake.

Wait so he merely made a mistake? Where did Trump admit to making a 'mistake'?? In order for him to have made a mistake, he needs to admit to making a 'mistake' in the first place. Not convenient flopping to a different position with no accountability. It doesn't work that way.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

That is one of his platforms, no way he will hang that up.
Facts never stopped him before.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I believe it just did....

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

He was going by what he thought was fact in the first place

By what he 'thought' you say? So he only conveniently checked with the experts, his lawyers, now?

When asked to expand on the investigation before he addressed the Palm Beach County Tax Day Tea Party rally today, however, Trump declined.

"I've looked very closely and have continued to look," he said. "I'm not going to say anything further than that, but we've looked all around and we are continuing to look and it's very interesting and that's all I can say."

So are you paying investigators to look around in Hawaii? TPM asked.

"I don't want to comment on it," Trump said.

talkingpointsmemo.com...

So which investigators was he consulting with before? This guy is unbelievable, and so are his supporters.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Lets be honest here, that didnt stop him from spearheading a campaign against Obama trying to prove Obama was ineligible.........

He funded a HUGE effort to do this even sent his own investigators to different countries to try and uncover this......even though Obamas mom was US citizen

I find this highly interesting, being that he has such close ties with Hillary, and the Hillary campaign started the birther thing.....

The man is a dishonest , waffling , blowhard........

Sorry but thats my opinion and analysis.......

edit on 9/15/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Who cares?
So the legal research indicated that Cruz could qualify for POTUS and Trump having seen or heard the evidence/conclusion of the law agrees. Isn't that what the supreme court does? Isn't that what you do when you were wrong about the speed limit on the sign you didn't see before getting pulled over?

If the law says it is, then it is. Unless someone is biased or doesn't agree with the law, or think the law is wrong.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SachaX

Who cares?
So the legal research indicated that Cruz could qualify for POTUS and Trump having seen or heard the evidence/conclusion of the law agrees. Isn't that what the supreme court does? Isn't that what you do when you were wrong about the speed limit on the sign you didn't see before getting pulled over?

If the law says it is, then it is. Unless someone is biased or doesn't agree with the law, or think the law is wrong.

But cause it makes him a hypocrite, again he spearheaded a campaign against Obama spent his own money and was one of the biggest "Birthers" if not THE biggest out there.......

And the records for Obama were the same, mom US citizen , not only that born in Hawaii, now im not Obama supporter by any means

But it just goes to show how dishonest The Douche, er Donald ...is

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I don't care. It is a non-story to me, and will be a non-story to everyone I know.
This means as little as twig in a forest fire.

Who cares if he changed his mind after hearing the legal result? Actually people should be happy because Donald just showed that he in fact can use his brain to think. Does that make him a Douche?

Or is it that he will forever be a Douche until he apologizes to Obama and the world?

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Who cares if he changed his mind after hearing the legal result?

Funny how after hearing the legal result on Obama he never changed his mind....

Actually people should be happy because Donald just showed that he in fact can use his brain to think.

Actually, it shows just the opposite!

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
If this was a real candidate it might make a difference but, this is Trump. He says whatever people want to hear. It does not matter if the head the opposite a week before or if he just making something up with no idea what he is talking about. Imagine the campaign commercials you make against this guy just using his own words against him if it ever gets that far.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
This flip flop term is total BS!
People can change their minds. The reason for the change can be because of new knowledge, better understanding, newly gained empathy, or just a change of opinion. All of these are done by people regularly. All are valid reasons. I believe people that actually do change their minds on topics tend to be more thoughtful and intelligent. I also believe the ones that call them flip floppers are generally narrow minded and narcissistic. a reply to: Southern Guardian

edit on 15-9-2015 by KEACHI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: KEACHI

This flip flop term is total BS! People can change their minds. The reason for the change can be because of new knowledge, better understanding, newly gained empathy, or just a change of opinion.

Apparently the Progressive Liberal Party has no concept of the reasons you provided. They just go on and on year after year.....

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Getting more difficult to watch any of this election circus anymore. With all the looney tooney types running for top spots north and south of the 49 th, it's like switching channels between episodes of " Family Guy " and " American Dad ".
Scary part is ... the parallels are beginning to merge into cartoon reality. Worst part is ... the real voices of reason get drowned out during commercials.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: KEACHI
This flip flop term is total BS!
People can change their minds. The reason for the change can be because of new knowledge, better understanding, newly gained empathy, or just a change of opinion.

Nonsense, he had exactly the same information about Obama but did not change his mind over him....

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

Nonsense, he had exactly the same information about Obama but did not change his mind over him....

Why are you hanging this over Trump's head? To show the rest of us that he cannot be trusted in your opinion so that no one votes for him?

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Well I for one am ecstatic Trump will allow Cruz to run because clearly both these men are exactly what America needs.

Thank you Trump, thank you...

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Why are you hanging this over Trump's head?

Let us see, Trump pushed the birther lies that Obama was not eligible, he then claimed Ted Cruz was not eligible but now flip-flops on Cruz but not Obama.... and you are surprised that people point out his flip-flopping?

Whose head should it be hung over?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join