It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aircraft with only a single solid red light?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I saw something 2 nights ago and did try doing some Google searching but couldn't get much of an answer . I went outside to smoke and was laying back looking at the sky. I like to skywatch so I do this a lot. Anyway an aircraft flew nearly overhead maybe 10 degrees from straight over me and I would have been seeing some of the right side of the aircraft. The only thing at all I saw was a single red light which I believe to be on the bottom. It remained visible until it met the horizon. There was no flashing lights of anykind. It's speed was not abnormal it sounded deeper then most any commercial flights that fly over and a little louder. I had seen earlier that day on Twitter an F-117 was a couple hours away from me so I don't know if it could have been it. So anyway was curious if any one here might have an idea what it was. I'm just curious and wish it had been light out when I saw it. I feel like it was probably something that would have been exciting to see.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Popeye1

What did you google search for?

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Basically the title of this thread and a couple variations. I could have missed something I guess, I however didn't find anything.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Ask Zaphod he might know or respond to this thread.

Seems unlikely a stealth aircraft would leave a light on, but that's a guess.....

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Ask Zaphod he might know or respond to this thread.

Seems unlikely a stealth aircraft would leave a light on, but that's a guess.....

Agree I don't know why wouldn't have had flashing navi lights on or else none at all.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Military jet on a training mission. If it was a deep rumble could have been a B-1, or a C-17, C-5, XX-135, or some other big jet. If it came over and left quickly, then a fighter of some kind. Whats the nearest airbase to you AF or otherwise?

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
FAA regulations don't apply to UFO or Space Command.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Training by a single ship, under MARSA rules. They can't black out in case there is other traffic in the area, that needs to see them, but they don't want to go in lit up either, even though it's only training.
edit on 9/15/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The system works! Did your aviation senses tingle? lol

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006

Yeah, I felt a disturbance somewhere, so had to investigate.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
OK thank you zaph. That makes sense. I don't see a lot of interest in the skies here usually.

Scott AFB is closest but I don't think it came from there by the direction of travel. At least not directly anyway.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Could have been a test out of Boeing, or a bomber coming through from Whiteman.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Could have been a test out of Boeing, or a bomber coming through from Whiteman.

Yeah it was coming from the NW so Whitman is a pretty good possibility, if not the most likely. It was about an hour after dark so that might be about the right amount of time if they took off at dark.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
2 kinds of lights are required for night operation of civil aircraft. First are the "navigation lights." They are a green light on the right wingtip, a red on the left and a white on the tail. They can be steady and not flashing. The second is the "anticollision light." It can be a flashing red or white but needs to flash. Other lights are optional, like flashing white on the wingtips or a tail id light which illuminates the vertical tail. There ca also be ice detection lights at various places.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Seen plenty of single red light configurations, however I never saw sequential nav lights before like the other night. This was slow and loud like a B-1 and flashed from the nose to tail sequential nav lights similar to what you may see on the newer model Ford Mustangs. Very cool looking.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: F4guy
2 kinds of lights are required for night operation of civil aircraft. First are the "navigation lights." They are a green light on the right wingtip, a red on the left and a white on the tail. They can be steady and not flashing. The second is the "anticollision light." It can be a flashing red or white but needs to flash. Other lights are optional, like flashing white on the wingtips or a tail id light which illuminates the vertical tail. There ca also be ice detection lights at various places.

Yeah that was basically my understanding and with seeing more of the right side and no green, I don't think it was there or any flashing at all.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

It is how you tell where you are in relation to another aircraft (or ship for that matter - they use the same configuration!!) and which way they are pointing.

Assuming you have enough time to work it out or have it trained into you to the point of instant recognition (which I don't any more!)!

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Felt it he did. And the Force too.

new topics

top topics

join