It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outside the boxes and somewhere in between

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
"the more you know the more you realize you don't know"

What is life?
who are we?
why are we here?

Probably the three most important questions in the history of existence yet nobody can answer all three definitively.

I grew up non religious and didn't care much about the truth or answers.
When I first started to look for answers I became an atheist and thought I knew everything.
When I looked even further I became an agnostic and realized I knew absolutely nothing.

Religion is set in stone and science is forever changing.
I believe the answers are outside of these boxes and somewhere in between.

Will we ever know? Probably not..

One thing I do know is the laws of the universe rules.
what created those or who governs it is a mystery.

For discussion purposes, if you could sum everything up in a nutshell (which is impossible I know), what is your perception of life and reality?

I'm a sponge and student of life and would be very interested in hearing and learning from everyone.

Mine in a nutshell:

I don't believe in religion but I believe in God (a higher power).
I don't believe in the bible as its written but I do believe it came from real sources.
I believe everything is a lie and a truth at the same time.
I definitely believe in life out there and we've been visited by them (possibly being run by them).
I believe the real reality of life is more strange than any sci-fi.(without going into detail and getting all sci-fi)
I believe its possible we could be living in a matrix
I believe we are being run my malevolent forces and are lied to and manipulated by.
I believe our true history has been wiped and hidden from us.
I believe there is an agenda.
I believe only the truth can set you free
and I believe anything is possible and nothing is impossible.

As for the who, what, where, when and why's I've no clue as life has only let me understand this much.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Journey1986

What is life?
who are we?
why are we here?

I'm lost on those as well.

But, I can tell you what is Best in life...

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
IMHO this is an awesome thread.

Coming from a 'religious' family I have come to many of the same conclusions you have. Although my opinion on life out there differs as to the origins.

I believe the real reality of life is more strange than any sci-fi.(without going into detail and getting all sci-fi)

I couldn't agree more.

I don't have time now to respond as I would like but I am marking this to come back and discuss.

S&F for your efforts

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Something I wrote once which relates:

I believe that the non-physical world is just a giant consciousness. And that this consciousness can split and merge itself at will.

For example, it can split itself into two to have a conversation with itself, just to merge later and instantly share what the different parts learned.

It's an extremely powerful mind, its intelligence and memory has no limits. Inside its mind it can do and visualize whatever it wants, it is similar to a lucid dream but it has no limits.

It loves to learn and create scenarios where it can challenge itself. It has thought up the ultimate scenario! In its mind it started creating different laws which acted upon different objects it visualized, eventually this evolved into a super advanced system which we humans call the universe.

At first the universe was just something to play with, it had no life, it was just a physical sandbox. But this giant mind is easily bored with being all powerful, having no limits and all that. It is not challenging enough, so it thought for itself... Why not split myself into billions of consciousnesses which then are stuck perceiving this physical sandbox of mine through objects which themselves abide by the same physical rules?

What an interesting scenario! For the first time in its history it would have limits and it would have to experience what it means to be limited. And it would learn what those limits would give birth to.

Being stuck in weird physical bodies, being stripped of its previous memories, not knowing what is going on and being afraid because of it. Suddenly all kinds of feelings became possible!

Feeling alone and in need of companionship to help you through the struggle of the physical world, falling in love with another one of your consciousnesses who is there for you. Feeling hate for other consciousnesses who wants to dominate you to make their struggle in this physical world easier for themselves. Feeling pride for something you was able to achieve with your limited body. Growing up in different places and getting into all kinds of different situations; feeling all kinds of feelings that you knew not possible!

What an amazing thing to be limited!

And then for you to merge and share it with yourself each time one of the consciousnesses you split yourself into merge back together at the death of their physical bodies. I am growing and learning every second! This is the best way to learn and get wiser, but it is raw and brutal.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I am the eyes of the universe, I am the universe experiencing itself and trying to understand itself. The outer universe is a reflection of my inner universe. The perfection of the physical makeup of the world around me is a testament to the perfection of the immaterial makeup within me.

That's my philosophy in basic terms.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ParanormalGuy

What a great post and enthusiastically written!

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

trapped on a wire....what to do other than walk it.

Learning to cause the reason to balance....priceless.

In all of life's moments.

Seriously this is the razors edge of learning to cause your own out comes,mercy exciting times.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I share that same outlook with you for sure. I believe we are all one with the universe and vice versa. The mind is the most powerful thing, whatever we give the universe in thought it gives us in return. I believe these laws of the universe exist wether you want it to or believe in it or not.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I just wanted to encourage you to keep participating. The old and wise take time to warm up to new members. I liked your original story and I'm looking forward to your future contributions. To command answers to your questions requires more elaboration and depth, something I think you have. That is my humble opinion.

edit on 15-9-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Thanks for your kind and encouraging words, I will definitely keep on going and keep what you said in mind. Even though I'm a new poster I feel like I've been here forever lol. Feels good to be finally participating

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   

What is life? Conception of the spirit.
who are we? Children of Men, Children of Satan, Children of God (Depends on whose spirit you will/conceive.)
why are we here? Conception of Children.

Think about it like the forces in you, which is your will/spirit, are also what gives you awareness, and your awareness/soul is the conception of your will/spirit as images/physicality/body/form.

Like so:
These words are images of my awareness,
my awareness is of my will,
and my will is to explain reality to you.

So at once, my words, my awareness which abstracted these words from my spirit, and my spirit, itself, are all three the same thing. In this moment, my body, concepts, and will is to explain reality to you.

And it is from God, and is the likeness of God:

The words are the image of the soul and the soul is the awareness of the spirit. Your psyche is made up of your concepts, while your body is the image thereof, or the image of good conception as your forefathers have seen it/conceived it.

Body/Form/Son
Soul/Translator/Father
Spirit/Will/Holy Ghost

Your own post for example:
-you saw your will/spirit but did not know how to conceive it (you didn't know the concept to have)
-so it was conceived as that: a question of how to conceive it
-you then saw your spirit as the question and conceived of a way to have conception
-by posting on this forum with the questions

The second half of the post was you trying to reproduce in others the "good concepts" you think you have conceived. What you are doing is simultaneously asking for others' concepts/seeds while also trying to spread your own (seeds being concepts for conception or what you have conceived of your spirit/the spirit/the forces -- you, like all life, are trying to reproduce awareness - conception of the spirit.)

eta:
Malachi 2:15 English Standard Version (ESV)
15 Did he not make them one, with a portion of the Spirit in their union? And what was the one God seeking?Godly offspring. So guard yourselves in your spirit, and let none of you be faithless to the wife of your youth.

be fruitful and multiply = spread awareness; spread the truth of the spirit; have good conception; have godly offspring.
edit on 9/16/2015 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

top topics

join