It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is actually happening right NOW?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
What is happening right now in our direct experience? When we leave all labels aside and see reality as it is. What do we find? What reveals itself to us for sure?

Truth is, were not who we think we are. Since about the age of 3 or something we have been living life believing we are a separate individual encapsulated behind our eyes looking at the world "out there". But there is no world separate from us. It's all one thing. There is no subject and object. There is only the experience of now. And it is all it ever will be. The world is happening in you, or in your experience. Nothing is separate from you. Who you ultimately are in your experience, is the experience itself.

This isn't my assumption, it is my direct experience. Nothing can trump this. It is available for anyone to see, but it takes willingness.
This isn't too difficult, but we must leave to many judgments and expectations aside.

When I look at this screen right now. In my direct experience, there is no one looking at the screen. No one separate. The looking is just happening. To say I am over "here" looking at the screen over "there" is to separating the nature of our experience in beliefs/thoughts, not direct experience. We need to look at reality as it is, not how we think it is.

What happens when one experiences this moment without labels? Without judgments? Can you directly experience your brain? Your body? Your future? Or would you simply lose the sense of body and simply experience random sensations buzzing? That's what's actually happening now. We've been living in thought and mistaking it for reality for too long.
I'm not saying thoughts are useless, I am saying they aren't true. Thoughts cannot describe the experience of this moment. We can only experience it directly. It's not a belief, it's just true. It is, and I can bet my life on it.
So beyond thought, what is our experience?
No one looking, no one experiencing. No separation. All just happening. Realizing this is liberation. A major step to ending suffering forever. Don't expect this to make too much sense, at least for now. But in the end of the day, whether you agree or not it is true, because it's not a belief.

I haven't covered too much here, but I can clarify if something is unclear.

edit on 15-9-2015 by Andy1144 because: Adding a "?"

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Andy1144

Please clarify.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Great post, I agree. S&F

Most people will not understand what you are saying, but I hear it loud and clear. "Those who have ears let them hear and those who have eyes let them see", those with discernment and insight will understand fully what you mean.

If you ignore what is happening around you and instead see what IS, you will see the light. Ever present, ever changing, yet always the same. Sounds counterintuitive but it is true nonetheless.
edit on 9/15/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

What he's trying to say is that what is happening right now, not in the past or in the future (they do not exist) but right NOW, your awareness, is all there is and nothing resides outside of it.

Can you experience anything outside of your experience right now? No, so why try to find answers outside of it? The answer people are looking for is within their experience of this moment. We all experience it as a collective. If you focus on the light you see instead of what it reveals, you'll see the moment.

This probably won't clarify much but I thought I'd give it a shot.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Most of the answers people are looking for are out of their own experience.

Things that have happened in the past have existed and still exist beyond an individual's perception of it at any given moment.

Looking into the future is how we survive and take lessons learned from the past in order to prevent reoccurring mistakes.

edit on 15-9-2015 by ProleUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
You can't escape the moment of now. It is eternal. You can't live in the future or the past you will always be in the moment of now it's a flow that you can't escape so enjoy the ride

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
There is no perceivable 'now'. By the time you perceive it, it's in the immediate past.

Whatever you're perceiving, it's limited to the physical equipment you've been provided at birth. So, 'now' is really 'then' and whatever 'it' is, is merely an impression generated by your hardware. Plato dug that cave, and there's no rising out of it in this plane of existence.

There is an objective reality, but there's no way to be certain exactly what that consists of.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

When I look at this screen right now. In my direct experience, there is no one looking at the screen. No one separate. The looking is just happening.

You call it a "screen", the bible calls it the "image of God ". Same concept.

Genesis 1
27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

We are created in God's image, the image or "screen" that we see.

Who is the image of God?

Colossians 1
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

The Son is the image of God. Jesus is the Son. How does Jesus describe himself?

John 8
12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

He describes himself as the light of the world and the light of life. The image of God (Jesus) is the light of the world in the same exact way that the image we see is the light of the world, our image is also the light of life, it affirms that we are alive.

1 John 1
5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.

God is light, the very same light that we see at this moment. We see God and ARE God, we are the divine light experiencing itself.

This moment is where the light is, it is life.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ProleUK

There's nothing wrong with perceiving the past and future, but even the past and future were/will be this moment at one point, only they no longer/do not exist anymore/yet.

Learn from the past and future (what was and will be now) but don't get lost in them.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

The now is always being experienced. It is not in the past, it is right now. You still perceive it whether you are quick enough to catch it or not.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Yes you perceive it. But you perceive it after the fact. What you perceive has already happened and what you perceive is limited by your perception 'equipment'.

What you think of as now-reality is a recent past version filtered to you by your physical self.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
There is no perceivable 'now'. By the time you perceive it, it's in the immediate past.

Whatever you're perceiving, it's limited to the physical equipment you've been provided at birth. So, 'now' is really 'then' and whatever 'it' is, is merely an impression generated by your hardware. Plato dug that cave, and there's no rising out of it in this plane of existence.

There is an objective reality, but there's no way to be certain exactly what that consists of.

Yes, our experience of this moment is really an image of the past but it is being experienced NOW. You can only experience this moment, here and now.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProleUK

Most of the answers people are looking for are out of their own experience.

Things that have happened in the past have existed and still exist beyond an individual's perception of it at any given moment.

Looking into the future is how we survive and take lessons learned from the past in order to prevent reoccurring mistakes.

Indeed, thoughts about past and future are useful, but they ultimately aren't real. The trick is to use thoughts without getting caught up in them.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

When I look at this screen right now. In my direct experience, there is no one looking at the screen.

When I sit, I stand. When I walk, I stand still. When I climb, I fall. When I sleep, I am awake. When I push, I pull. When I look at the screen, no one is looking at the screen. This is worse than doublespeak and sophism, itsnowagain. It’s contradiction pretending to be wisdom.

If contradiction and extreme scepticism offers you an avenue of self-help for personal issues, then share it with us. Offer us your insight into your findings. But to assert the truth and to demand we believe it even though you yourself cannot show it to be true is totalitarianism.

But in the end of the day, whether you agree or not it is true, because it's not a belief.

How convenient—it’s true because it’s true. Haven't heard that one before.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I think you will like reading this part of the book.

www.truthcontest.com...

edit on 15-9-2015 by Andy1144 because: Missed.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

What you perceive is what you perceive right now. You can think of past but you cannot experience it, the same goes for the future as well.

You may not be able to perceive now but I can. I perceive it when I do not think of what's happening but simply experience what is happening. You saying now is in the past is a product of thought, thought has to do with past and future but experience has to do with the moment as it happens.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

You may not be able to perceive now but I can.

What does it look like?

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It does contradict. The intellectual explanation of it does. The experience of it is true however , because it is not a belief, but rather a direct experience of things. The self being an illusion is pretty obvious in science now. The experience of the computer is happening inside your experience, not separate from you. There is no subject perceiving an object, there is only experience of something.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

What you see right now. As you are looking at your computer screen you are seeing now play out moment by moment.

You're a fan of philosophy right? How about Zeno? Zeno's arrow paradox is an excellent example of what I'm trying to describe. The motionless arrow is the now, the moving arrow is thought.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Light is wave, light is particle. Such a contradiction yet they are both true simultaneously.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join