It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson Gaining On Leader In GOP Presidential Polls

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Well my faith in the process isn't restored but it's on it's way. IMO Ben is the best candidate.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Well if I were to be going by pure political positions, I'd have to side with Hillary (she actually aligns better than Carson), though I don't trust her in the slightest. I think I'd vote for Carson.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well if I were to be going by pure political positions, I'd have to side with Hillary (she actually aligns better than Carson), though I don't trust her in the slightest. I think I'd vote for Carson.

Krazy, I know it may seem overly optimistic...but I believe Carson will surpass Trump, although I have no idea how.

Again, check out the film 'GIFTED HANDS'...about Carson's pre-campaign story.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Krazy, I know it may seem overly optimistic...but I believe Carson will surpass Trump, although I have no idea how.

That's easy. Trump's ridiculous mystery tour will derail. People love an entertainer but they don't one to run things. I'm predicting that Trump's numbers will fall. Quite frankly I don't think American's are that stupid.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

To be honest, I really can't say or determine who will end up being the Republican candidate. There are just too many of them and their rhetoric changes with the news cycles.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I see that happening, too.

He's going to say something unforgivable to a majority of people...even the folks who are staunch supporters today.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Again, being optimistic...I look at Trump, as I look at Bernie Sanders...Trump can muck up the standard RNC political machine to get rid of Bush....just as Bernie is helping Hillary help herself out of the standard DNC political machine.

People want to take back their government from the preordained political party machine chosen ones.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Well my faith in the process isn't restored but it's on it's way. IMO Ben is the best candidate.

Take off, eh.
You can't vote in our circus.
I say that with love and respect my Canadian friend. I realize our next president means a lot to your country. More so than the mexican president to us.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Well the bad news in all of this...I was reading some analysis this morning, is that Bush and Clinton are still the front runners. Hopefully that is changing. Carson and Trump are gaining Sanders is gaining. In with the new out with the old.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Our countries are irrevocably linked. Both from Mom England but went different routes. The longest unprotected border in the world? It still really is. Your politics affects us. Therefore we take an interest in it. Ours isn't as important to you.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Our countries are irrevocably linked. Both from Mom England but went different routes. The longest unprotected border in the world? It still really is. Your politics affects us. Therefore we take an interest in it. Ours isn't as important to you.

It's sad that I'd say 2/3 of the US don't even know who is running for president of their own country. I'd put the number that know who the prime minister of canada is at less than 15%.

Sigh...such is the way of things.

Can't say I care much for Dr. Carson...personal preference. We all have them. I can see why people like him for their choice and won't get nasty about who NEEDS to be the president of the US. I'll vote for who I want to vote for and I'll just sit back and watch the every four years event that is election season on ATS.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I'm reminded of Jimmy Carter. A Christian. He disagreed with Roe vs Wade. It was fresh too. He realized that he wasn't above the SC. Office above belief. Carson has beliefs too. He's also extremely intelligent. I don't think he would push any personal agenda.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

That's an interesting analogy...
Though I still don't think he would rise to the forefront even if Trump wasn't involved...hell, it took a half-African/half-Kansan to get the first "black" president. I don't think derrr six pack will vote anything but white for a while.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Dude. People don't want new, the NEED new. Ben is that. I'm sure he called off a prom date though so he's disqualified.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I'm reminded of Jimmy Carter. A Christian. He disagreed with Roe vs Wade. It was fresh too. He realized that he wasn't above the SC. Office above belief. Carson has beliefs too. He's also extremely intelligent. I don't think he would push any personal agenda.

Hey , I am a true Georgian . I voted for Carter .And now , please dont mention that name as it offends us Georgians.

At one point about 2 weeks ago , per major polls, Carson was virtually tied with Trump. However , since then , per these same major polls , the Trump has pulled away 33 -20 %

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Carson's role in this election is to mainstream the position of mandatory vaccinations among conservatives and get them used to defending and supporting that position even though just a few years back the same people were decrying the Affordable Care Act for not allowing them to keep their personal physicians.

He's done an amazing job of that. Suddenly they all want ONE doctor to make their healthcare decisions with regard to vaccinations. Of course, he's had help from social media and propaganda put out by the media. The mandatory vaxxers ridicule the anti-vaxxers for fearmongering, yet the mandatory vaccinations 'movement' is entirely built on fearmongering.

I vaccinate because I listen to what my doctor/pediatrician advises, take their advice under consideration, and then make the final decision. I'd like to keep it like that.

Carson's other role is to serve as the RNC nominee in a three-way race against Trump and Bernie Sanders.

So, it will be Bernie who actually makes 'mandatory vaccinations' a reality.

That's what I see going on anyway.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

a reply to: eluryh22

Yea, same for Hillary. Like I said, most of their support seems to come from people just resigning themselves to pick them because they are the least bad choice. Though, then again, most of the people I have experience talking to this about are ATSers (since I try to avoid political conversations in face to face conversations).

That's interesting to me. I know a lot of my conservative friends said Carson is their choice. And nearly every Democrat I speak with is in love with Hillary. At least in my small circle I don't know anyone who supports Trump or Sanders. I love Trump being in the debates. Not sure I'd give him my vote.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Like I said, I tend to avoid having political conversations in public, so my sampling method is very flawed. Most of the people who offer me their political opinions are my family on my mom's side. And they are ALL Republicans. The liberals I know are all my age and are like me in that they mostly avoid political conversations in public (or they just don't follow politics).

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Vaccinations? I wasn't even aware that was even a political talking point in this election...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join