It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LRS-B Will be Much more that Just a Bomber

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

What's flying in/out of Rawlins, that's sparked your interest? LRS-B related?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
No. There's a patch of restricted airspace near there. Several times going through there, there was a stationary blinking light several thousand feet up, in an area where there are no mountains for radio or cellphone towers to be up on.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
No. There's a patch of restricted airspace near there. Several times going through there, there was a stationary blinking light several thousand feet up, in an area where there are no mountains for radio or cellphone towers to be up on.

sua.faa.gov...
Pretty good sized patch.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TStoops88

Yeah it is. I've never seen anything there in the day when I roll through, but several times at night I've seen it, then other times it's not there.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Hmm, that's interesting for sure.

I know there's a good bit of unmanned systems testing and such that goes on, a little east of there, out in Guernsey..

They have quite a few different unmanned rotorcraft they use, but that doesn't really explain what you've seen on different occasions, unless they really fly them often out that way... *scratches head*

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TStoops88

Are you talking about that big patch, in north eastern WY, that spans into MT & SD?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: weavty1

No. 7001A and B. It's a fairly small patch on the map, but it's a decent sized patch just south of I-80.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Ahh, the Guernsey patch.. Gotcha.

Yeah, that's a very small area. I was thinking that Tstoops was referring to Powder River, becUse now that's a "good sized patch"! Lol

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Aerostat, maybe?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

I was thinking that, but the only locations I have heard of were in the South near the border, and DC.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

When approx. date(s) ya'll see that light? And what color?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

It's white, as I think I said. As for dates, HA. I barely remember where I went last week, let alone a few months ago. It's been in the last three months or so, but more specific than that, not happening. We've driven over 150,000 miles since January, and it's mostly just a blur.
edit on 9/23/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Didn't know if it was recent, last year, or a couple years back.. Cool Zaph, thanks for the info man

Ps, you never said a color, ya goof!

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Baltimore, to be precise!

I'm a gigantic LTA nerd, so it's always great to see it when flying into BWI from the east.

Just brainstorming, but I can think of more than a few mission profiles an aerostat could be designed for where you'd want to test it at night when nobody can see it.

I can imagine that a small, low-observable aerostat lofting an AEW system, or even a mini-JSTARS type radar that could fold up but easily be deployed skyhook-style from a truck or MRAP could be a fantastic battlefield tool when you need those capabilities but don't have the air superiority to count on getting a JSTARS over your operation.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I was talking to someone else about it at the same time, so couldn't remember if it was here or there that I mentioned color.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Ha! It's alright man, I thought I was going crazy there for a minute!

Hope y'all are driving safe or parked up, resting well this evening!

Thx again dude

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Looks like no announcement today. The press actually quieted down this week. Looks like October is almost assured.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Saw this today.

syria-personally.beforeitsnews.com... 2474718.html

Two bomb wings from the U.S. Air Force's Air Combat Command ceremonially realigned to Air Force Global Strike Command's Eighth Air Force today, bringing all of the Service's bomber fleet under a single command.

The move, official Oct. 1, joins B-1B Lancers from Dyess Air Force Base, Texas' 7th Bomb Wing and Ellsworth AFB, South Dakota's 28th BW with B-52H Stratofortresses and B-2 Spirits already residing within Eighth Air Force, strengthening the U.S. Air Force's entire long range strike fleet.

“All five bomb wings and the long range strike capability they provide to our nation are stronger today as a result of this homecoming,” said Maj. Gen. Richard Clark, Eighth Air Force commander.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

As long as this budget crap is going on, things will be quiet.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join