It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LRS-B Will be Much more that Just a Bomber

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

It requires changing some wiring that interfaces with the weapons themselves. Not a major overhaul, but not something you can do in five minutes sitting on the flightline.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
More details of the LRSB coming to light and it looks like we know where the unveil will most likely be:

The risk-reduction contracts “have brought the designs to an unprecedented maturity,” LaPlante said at AFA. He declined to directly answer AIN’s question on whether the contracts had included flying demonstrators; there have been some sightings of apparently classified aircraft flying from Groom Lake in the past few years. In addition to potential activity at Groom Lake, the Air Force has prepared the remote South Base at Edwards AFB for LRS-B testing

The contracts have apparently included work on propulsion system integration and antenna design. He hinted at some “sporty” new stealth materials being used in the designs.

“We’ve made it modular…there are hooks and pivot points in the designs. Our record in predicting the threat is bad…so we are building in margins for size, weight and power (SWAP).”

www.ainonline.com...
edit on 23-9-2015 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
First time poster, but I've been following along for quite a while...

Sounds like they are all but confirming that these babies have already flown. Confirmation through non-denial. What are the odds that we'll see an unveiling at the same time as an announcement?

Thanks to all the contributors here for such a vast amount of intriguing information!
edit on 23-9-2015 by AtomicMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AtomicMod

They MAY, but the unveiling is usually done after the announcement. In this case though they may do both at the same time.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Yup, and it's been more or less confirmed here by others that last year's Amarillo sighting was one of the, uh, "demonstrators"...

This whole procurement process feels like "ATB 2.0", only this time we might get a look at the loser!

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I guess my only real point of reference would be the ATF and JSF announcements - the LRS-B has the distinction of being a public announcement of a unseen "top secret" aircraft. Should be interesting to see how long they want to keep this bird under wraps. It would seem that with the numbers they intend to order, as well as the basing requirements of a large bomber fleet, it can't stay secret forever...

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

Armarillo - so close, yet so far away. I'd like to formally request that they do their best to fly directly through the DFW and LUV traffic patterns next time they go on a joy ride...

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Not long. They've already quietly said that it was going to be unveiled in October. It should be unveiled within a few months of the announcement at best if it's not unveiled at the announcement.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Seconded.

As impressive as it is to sometimes see the huge Red tail and kangaroo of the Quantas A380 heading off to Australia from the comfort of floating on my back in my pool some nights, I bet seeing one of these birds fly over would top that amazement...

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Go up to Wyoming. You'll see fun things up there sometimes. A few mysteries too.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Go up to Wyoming. You'll see fun things up there sometimes. A few mysteries too.

I assume in Cheyenne?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TStoops88

No, the one I'm still looking into is in Rawlins, but the aircraft that I've seen several times was out around Ft. Bridger. I've seen it going east and west out there.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Not long. They've already quietly said that it was going to be unveiled in October. It should be unveiled within a few months of the announcement at best if it's not unveiled at the announcement.

Unveiled in October?

Then you say 'it should be unveiled within a few months of the announcement, at best..'

So if it's going to be unveiled in October, then the announcement should've already happened by now, going by that logic ? Lol

I've been following wall street the last couple of weeks, DoD press advisories, and contract announcements... Nothing of any significance read between the lines, as of yet.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: weavty1

Because at the time they said October, the plan was to do the announcement by June. October is a few months after June last time I checked.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
QANTAS and we call it the Red Rat

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Come On Zaph

You claim to see all this stuff, why cant you go get a camera lens like the guys who used to photo the space shuttle and simply take a photo????

I mean really? Theres NOTHING illegal about taking photos of planes, even if the plane is 10000% top secret, if you spot it, in daylight, and you snap photo, its yours.

They can call you, email you, threaten you, its no different than taking a photo of a police car.

If they dont want the public to see it, dont fly it.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BigTrain

Because most of the time when I see something I'm driving. It's kind of hard to keep a 70 foot long truck, weighing up to 80,000 pounds going straight down the road, grab my cell phone, which is the only camera that is anywhere near handy, zoom it in as far as it will go, find the aircraft, and snap the picture.

If you can find a way to do that, I'll take pictures of every aircraft i see, and get some interesting ones too.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Gotcha.. Didn't know that's what you were referring to. Presumed you were speaking of something recently.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

And if it's anything like my cell phone, it takes horrible photos of anything right next to me, let alone an aircraft in the sky.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

I took the "worst pictures of Rocket Ridge ever seen" with mine.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join