It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: North Korea Warns US 'We're ready to NUKE any time'!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

North Korea warns U.S. it's ready to use nuclear weapons 'any time'

North Korea says it is ready to use nuclear weapons against the United States and other foes if they pursue "their reckless hostile policy" toward Kim Jong Un's regime.

In a statement carried by the North's state-run Korean Central News Agency on Tuesday, an atomic energy official said Pyongyang is improving its nuclear weapons arsenal "in quality and quantity."

"If the U.S. and other hostile forces persistently seek their reckless hostile policy towards the DPRK and behave mischievously, the DPRK is fully ready to cope with them with nuclear weapons any time," the director of the North Korean Atomic Energy Institute said, using an abbreviation of the country's official name, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

North Korea's main nuclear complex at Yongbyon, which includes a uranium enrichment plant and a plutonium production reactor, is operating normally, the official told the news agency.

wonder which nation will nuke itself first, Russia or North Korea? personally, fathom US being nuked will initially be a totally inside staged/false flag cry wolf event to justify going to war outside of the mideast!

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
A John Deere MRLS.
AWESOME.

Plowshares into swords, I guess.
edit on b000000302015-09-15T10:21:46-05:0010America/ChicagoTue, 15 Sep 2015 10:21:46 -05001000000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Question. Would we not detect and destroy anything in the air that was sent our way by NK? I've always just assumed we have folks looking out for that kind of thing. No nuke would ever make it here from NK, right?

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Must be thinking of sending them by parcel post.

link   
More bluster from L'il Kim, he must be feeling ignored at the moment.

Doesn't he use this old chestnut every few months?

link   
a reply to: Sovan

So what...500 North Koreans are going to throw a missile at us?

Not worried.

~Tenth

link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Question. Would we not detect and destroy anything in the air that was sent our way by NK? I've always just assumed we have folks looking out for that kind of thing. No nuke would ever make it here from NK, right?

It would have to be from a sub or somewhere very close with a short range target to strike. If they fired from NK it would be downed before it was on it's downward path.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

This is true, but the concern is more for SK's safety than our safety. NK could never hope to attack the American mainland with conventional warfare since we'd see it coming as soon as they started carrying out the attack.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
good q. there's US territories, bases, & personnel all over the world though not just NA.. though west coast hasn't been ruled out?

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: angeldoll

It would have to be from a sub or somewhere very close with a short range target to strike. If they fired from NK it would be downed before it was on it's downward path.

Thanks, that's the answer I wanted. So, wouldn't the same also be true for a potential submarine? We would have a way also to detect it, and I don't want to say "detonate" it, but disable it before it got here?
edit on 9/15/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Obviously round-boy hasn't heard the message from the National Press Club conference - the aliens will not allow any more nuclear weapons to be used, so he should just stick to mars-bars and climbing mountains wearing suits.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

How lovely. Does NK understand, their small nuke exercise might be retaliated, pretty much making their worthless piece of junkyard - hmm - landscaped US golf course ..?

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Well winters coming in the land of tanks not tractors, I suppose a UN food aid package will help water down their threats until spring arrives. Hard to talk s# with your mouth full of beans.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Yep, so I'm told. Gotta love those aliens!

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This seems kind of like an excessive response to me.

It's just like threatening to nuke the Burger King if they don't get my order right.
edit on 15-9-2015 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

No I think little kimmy is really that stupid that he would try to set off a nuke in the US. Of course the response will cause issues with china based on prevailing winds.

I say screw the executive orders and take him with a busboy and a silencer.
edit on 15-9-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

By what? Our Ground Based Interceptors that missed more often than hit in testing? You know, the ones that are guided by the SBX radar, that's so myopic it can barely see the incoming missile? And can apparently only see one at a time.
edit on 9/15/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
what about NK's 'missing' 50 subs?

edit on 15-9-2015 by Sovan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

They weren't missing nukes, they were submarines that were at sea, and none of the had the range to go anywhere outside Korean waters very far. The biggest part of North Korean subs can't even make it 100 miles submerged, because they weren't designed to. They were designed to insert special forces operatives in South Korea.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Vasa Croe

By what? Our Ground Based Interceptors that hit like one missile in 15 in testing? You know, the ones that are guided by the SBX radar, that's so myopic it can barely see the incoming missile? And can apparently only see one at a time.

The SM-3...ship based anti ballistic missile....quite a few successful tests on that one that I have read about....typically mid flight interception.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join