It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who thinks this could happen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
who thinks that the russians or any other power hungry country could make a Metal Gear from the popular Metal Gear game seris this may be off topic but if we had one it would probaly cause a war and if you guys dont know what i am talking about i will explain just ask.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
mechs would be unreliable, hard to maintain, and would posses very little advantage over conventional tanks like the Abrams. It would probably cost a lot more too, and would be just as vulerable to RPGs or landmines. You would not only have to get the balancing systems right, but also protect them and the numerous joints that if damaged, would render the unit as a whole helpless.

Thats pretty much why you dont See "Mechwarrior" mechs, Veritech fighters (the ones the transform into a humanoid form), or Gundam type mobile suits, or humanoid robots weapons in general. Its just not worth it.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Whats a Metal Gear??

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by c00ster
Whats a Metal Gear??

one of the best games ever made ( search metal gear solid in google )
or type in metal gear rex or meatl gear ray in google images

its design is to fire nukes using a rail gun so the missile is stealth like
and carry 20 nuclear warheads in the back

on topic this could never happen ( be realistic )

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Yes its true metale gear is one of the best games out and i have just about all of them i just got the newest one metal gear solid 3 snake eater.I love all of the metal gear games.

new topics

top topics

join