It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

johnwick...not invincible after all....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Best of luck to you

as a two times hernia patient with two surgeries...I can tell you that a hernia operation sucks...but only for the first day or two. After that it becomes rapidly easier. Do what they say and take it easy....please take it easy

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
We don't always agree, but ATS would not be as fun without you, brother.

Good luck and see you on the other side.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Absolutely loved your post!

I'm SO sorry about your fear of hospitals, but the way I think about it... When it's your time to go, you'll go, whether it's on the operating table or as you step outside on a beautiful morning and feel a slight tingle in your head and then, blackness... By the same token, if it's not your time, there's nothing that can change that, either. People "cheat" death all the time.

Tomorrow's my birthday, so in addition to celebrating another year (and I've got about 20 years on you and I'm still quite young) I'll be thinking of you and reminding you to go with the flow. I'm sure you'll be back with us. The worry and fear is from living in the future. Don't miss today.

You'll be back here. I'm sure of it. You should be more concerned that you're going to be alive to feel the pain afterward... I had a boyfriend with the same issue and it's the only time I saw him cry. Not trying to freak you out - that was a LONG time ago - but you're in great shape, so you'll do fine.

See you tomorrow!

edit on 9/15/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
my oldest son had an inguinal hernia that he had to have repaired when he was 16. He walked like a crab for a couple of days (legs spread apart, walking sideways). LOL...we had several good laughs at his expense. Well, his brother and I anyway. His mom had to coddle him.

Hope your recovery ain't too bad. Getting older can slow you down a bit. Just be glad it was your stomache and not your back. No surgery would help your back.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Toughen-up princess and try not to imagine a spider accidentally dropping into your open incision whilst you're out cold and the surgeon is chatting up the hot nurse - even worse, don't think about spidey hatching babies inside you some time later.

Good luck Johnno.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Look on the bright side...you'll come home with a Manley scar. Mine drives the babes wild.

Pictures or it didn't happen!

Best wishes. You'll be fine. Only the good die young. : )

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
my oldest son had an inguinal hernia that he had to have repaired when he was 16. He walked like a crab for a couple of days (legs spread apart, walking sideways). LOL...we had several good laughs at his expense. Well, his brother and I anyway. His mom had to coddle him.

Hope your recovery ain't too bad. Getting older can slow you down a bit. Just be glad it was your stomache and not your back. No surgery would help your back.

My son had one too when he was about the same age as your's. I had mine in my 20's from busting up and moving concrete in the old driveway of my first house.

With hernias, age has nuthin' to do with it.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

Absolutely! And have the 6-pack in the frame, so we can get an idea of the size of the scar...

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

inguinal hernias aren't related to a strain. They are related to a congenital defect in the abdominal lining that causes the inguinal ring to not close off properly as the testicle passes through/descends. it crops up during the teenage years, and is the reason that all teen boys are forced to "turn your head to the right and cough".

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Look on the bright side...you'll come home with a Manley scar. Mine drives the babes wild.

Hmmm...Sorry, Lady...I wouldn't want to accidentally pull a 'Weiner'...(as in Anthony, that is).

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

inguinal hernias aren't related to a strain. They are related to a congenital defect in the abdominal lining that causes the inguinal ring to not close off properly as the testicle passes through/descends. it crops up during the teenage years, and is the reason that all teen boys are forced to "turn your head to the right and cough".

That's what my son had.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Laughing out Loud!

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Toughen-up princess and try not to imagine a spider accidentally dropping into your open incision whilst you're out cold and the surgeon is chatting up the hot nurse - even worse, don't think about spidey hatching babies inside you some time later.

Good luck Johnno.

Damn Sublime, that was cruel.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Johnwick the dick. LOL

I definitely have been angered by many of your posts.

That said, I wish you the best, and whether you're religious or not I will say a prayer for you.

I look forward to getting enraged by your future posts.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
Why would someone be proud of a sixpack when one can have a barrel

Do they take all your organs out of your body to work on your spine or is it done from behind? I know sometimes they need to empty your torso to get to the spine from the front.

However, good luck!

This is a fact, if your hernia is higher up. If it is in your lower back, they put your feet in stirrups and go through the butt.
37 is still young and, as you say, you are in great shape so you should be able to poo without assistance in just a few weeks.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Oh man, are we gonna rip you to shreds when you come back.
J/K
Do let us know how it goes. We ATSers have this thing about one of our own, no matter how much we fight with each other. It's kinda like we can be horrible and nasty to each other, but let an outsider try it, and they've got the whole damn membership on their ass.

It is because we are family man, that is how family roles

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Well there is that

And some ladies like it shaved.....guess we will find out if mine does lol

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Good luck Johnno.

OMFG!!!!!!

OK, now that is just terrifying....i just cant even ........i hope i die first!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Ya im too bad to die young, at least I got that going for me!

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Mine actually is similar but different, it is lower right just above the pelvic bone, it apparently is through one of my testicular tubes, and then busted through the abdominal muscles....I was told " expect extreme pain and discomfort for at least 3 weeks, like getting kicked in the balls" by the doctor...

As well as a chance of permenent incurable pain because of the right testicles nerve cluster being right there in the vacinity....

I just hope that isnt an issue, plz if there is a god, dont that that happen!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join