It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exposing British Crimes Against Humanity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

God, could you imagine - a French-Argetine former Colonial? They'd be so brimming with Brit-Hate it must be painful!

Anyway, good take down on the thread, guys - such one sided nonsense without considering the context, the history and what everyone else was doing at the same time is worthy of nothing but a slap!

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick
I got $20 on freeborn!!!!

He's a big fella who's been round the block, it'll be a wipeout!

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
No single other country has had such far reaching influence across the world, rightly or wrongly, as Britain.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

I got $20 on freeborn!!!!

He's a big fella who's been round the block, it'll be a wipeout!

He's not that all that, he's scared of spiders

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Hiram Maxim, the inventor of the belt fed machine gun, was an AMERICAN, apart from the German MP 43, all the best firearms came out of AMERICA, the British 'bren' was a Czech design, the Russian Kalshnikov is thought to be based on the MP 43.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

Hiram Maxim, the inventor of the belt fed machine gun, was an AMERICAN,

Sir Hiram Stevens Maxim became a British Subject at the age 41.

all the best firearms came out of AMERICA,

Ah but the Tank didn't. Now that's what you call a Firearm.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Georg90

The British themselves were not even particularly good warriors- their most deadly soldiers were colonial troops like Gurkhas and Sikhs, who did most of the heavy lifting. Before that, they relied on Irish and Scottish regiments to hold the front lines and soak up causalities.

Of course they were, hence the Empire. Their most "deadly" or rather elite troops for the longest time were the Guards regiments (Coldstream, Grenadiers etc).

The Sikhs, are you high? 60% of the British Empire, Commonwealth and Allied troops who fought and died at the 2nd Battle of El Alamein, to name just a single yet notable example, were soldiers from the United Kingdom, and 1% were from India (with 20% and 10% from Australia and New Zealand).

The Scottish are British as well genius. Regardless, English regiments "soaked up" most of the casualties, as orders of battle will quite clearly tell you.

edit on 15/9/15 by Morg234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Morg234

The British themselves were not even particularly good warriors

Tell that to The French.

Those English Longbow Men at Agincourt gave The Frenchies a pain in the arse.

:

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

Lee–Enfield, is all I have to say to you!

In the great scheme of things, the various bad things the British Empire did were pretty tame in comparison to others. The Irish famine was an exercise in mismanagement rather than an attempt at genocide.

There are plenty of examples where despots and countries attempted genocide and systematic mass murder. Where to start? We can cover off the obvious ones like Hitler, Mao, Stalin, Saddam, Amin, Ivan the Terrible, Tamerlane, Robespierre, Duvalier, Ceausescu, Pol Pot, Kim Jong Il, Mugabe, Omar al-Bashir, Saud, Empress Wu, Hirohito, Qin Shi Huang, Herod, Attila the Hun, Genghis Khan and on, and on the list goes. So much blood spilled by some ruthless people.

No Brits.

Just to add all the psycho South and Central American races!
edit on 15/9/2015 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Georg90

Only the Europeans think British were clean. India kicked them out. China fought them took back their land. Americans pushed them out.
British empire has been dying after WW2. Nazi Germany crippled her really hard. Along with Japan. Canada and Australia have became their own independent country like America. If UK tries to even create another empire it will not be supported by their old colonies today.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Georg90
They were the ones who first began prosecuting the genocide and extermination of Australian Aboriginals and Native Americans.

Do not forget the nuclear testing the Brits conducted in the Maralinga desert populated with local Aboriginal tribes -- an action which AU prime minister of the time, Robert Menzies (Liberal party) sanctioned. Actions tantamount to crimes against humanity.
edit on 15-9-2015 by TheInhumanCentipede because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Yet the British voluntarily decolonised. There was no real effort to keep the Empire together once the world moved on. There is no Empire today, only a Commonwealth that actually does some good.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Switch out Benny Hill with Warhammer and I'm with you.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

At least 20 stars for the Simpsons reference.. I'll be giving you stars whenever I see your posts for the foreseeable future.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   

I starred you, but your best quality was your bastard offspring.... My beloved land America!!!

Ohhhh...I don't think we can take all the credit for that one, more of a pan-European effort, although I do think that we Brits were high up in destroying the native population in order for you to enjoy all that space...and of course we were the most polite going about it.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
All that from a little tiny island, eh?

Pretty impressive I'd say.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Wonder where the OP went? based on his running away I think French with an Argentine Mother.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk
I'm guessing the OP is either from a former colony, Argentinian or French.

I think most countries have a past they aren't proud of, but for the most part, have more than made up for it.

The fact is though, Britain has gave the world some of its best inventions:

The submarine
The steam engine
The lightbulb
The television
The computer
The internet

and many many more.

Can't blame modern society for the mistakes of our ancestors.

Lol the " French "....

BTW America invented the light bulb the submarine and the internet!!!

Though mi6 or mi5 did invent the computer to crack the enigma code, America created the modern computer that let you the PC, the laptop and the smart phone.

Thanks Bill Gates and Steve Jobs, I hope you are turning heaven a profit now Steve, rest well buddy!

Not quote accurate, the lightbulb was PATENTED by an American marketeer by the name of Eddison, but was actually invented by a Briton, Joseph Swan, who didn't think to patent it.

America invented the Packet Switched Network, or PSN, which forms the core of internet technology, and formed ARPANet using the Gopher Protocol to fetch documents, but the creation of the "internet" depends on what you consider to be the "internet". It was a British physicist working out of CERN, in Geneva, Timothy Berners-Lee, that developed the http protocol, which is what most of us consider to be "the internet".

The invention of the computer is quite often attributed to Babbage, and his enumerating engine. The first reprogrammable computer was invented by Alan Turings team, at Betchly Park, but was highly classified, and all working examples were ordered to be destroyed afterwards. America only patented it first. They didn't invent them. As for your claim to a 'modern' computer, well, I'm sorry, but that credit has to go to Germany.

I will grant that they invented the modern 'Operating System', Rank Xerox, with their GEM operating system.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BMorris

All these modern inventions pale into insignificance when you consider it was an Englishman who invented the wheel and the loincloth, thus shaping the world we know today.

Is this off-topic?

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
a reply to: BMorris

All these modern inventions pale into insignificance when you consider it was an Englishman who invented the wheel and the loincloth, thus shaping the world we know today.

Is this off-topic?

Well clearly God was a Yorkshireman (God's own county), therefore Britain is clearly the chosen land. We should just tell them in the Middle East so they can spare themselves all the pointless fighting! Also, by default, that means Britain is the best place as we are God's annointed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join