It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanders: America Was Founded On ‘Racist Principles. That’s A Fact.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
If Bernie says the US was founded on oppression and racism, there must have been more enlightened societies in the same time period. So which nation was leading the civil rights movement during the 18th century?

Still googling, comrades? You can stop now, because there was no land of equality. Racism, slavery, and oppression were the norm throughout most of the world. That didn't begin to change until the late 19th century.

Bernie means well, he's just...challenged. Good intentions pave bad roads, and all that.
edit on 15-9-2015 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: imjack

No idea what a TG is.
Lame hints.

I'm Transgender. Caitlyn Jenner is 'the wealthiest TG' at around 100 million networth. I'm floating around 700 million, but it's divided between myself, my dad and my brother.

We profile people for advertisements. We also sell location profiles to the Government. Our company located Gaddafi, for the Army, for example.

OP: My point, is it's disgusting for anyone at my networth to be Republican in general. But it's a pretty bland point.

You may have sold location profiles and quite honestly don't know and won't say you didn't, but when you say you located Gaddafi it really takes away from the activity, weren't the only involved but just saying.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
If Bernie says the US was founded on oppression and racism, there must have been more enlightened societies in the same time period.

No, it doesn't.

So which nation was leading the civil rights movement during the 18th century?

But as it happens that would be the Iroquois Confederation - right there in your own back yard and from which it is suggested some concepts in your constitution were borrowed.

Still googling, comrades? You can stop now, because there was no land of equality.

that's a different question and a strawman - we all know there was not equality - but your questions was which nation was LEADING the "civil rights movement" - which I take you define in 20th century terms.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Try again the Indians had racism and slavery too.

By 1860, the Cherokees had 4,600 slaves; the Choctaws, 2,344; the Creeks, 1,532; the Chickasaws, 975; and the Seminoles, 500. Some Indian slave owners were as harsh and cruel as any white slave master. Indians were often hired to catch runaway slaves; in fact, slave-catching was a lucrative way of life for some Indians, especially the Chickasaws.

www.freerepublic.com...

Some Native American tribes held war captives as slaves prior to and during European colonization, some Native Americans were captured and sold by others into slavery to Europeans, and a small number of tribes, in the late eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, adopted the practice of holding slaves as chattel property and held increasing numbers of African-American slaves.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
For the sake of argument, let's say you are right and the Iroquois nation was the most equal and free society in the world at the time of the United States' founding. Setting aside, of course, the fact that their economy and culture were nowhere near as advanced as those of European and Asian nations.

That would mean your world leader in civil rights built its empire on conquest and forced assimilation of neighboring tribes. They used unwilling captives for labor and human sacrifice. Do a little more reading on the Iroquois and you will find they were no better than any other society during the 18th century.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

HI! Yeah, I'm back. (great party, btw!)

Try again the Indians had racism and slavery too.

So - that means....what? You (I thought, but I've been away for a bit) were saying that there was some problem with Bernie's stance.

I'm very confused.....
sorry. I'll just go back and sit over there in the corner.............

(way out)..........(that's how they write it on signs in England) .....>

edit on 9/15/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
For the sake of argument, let's say you are right and the Iroquois nation was the most equal and free society in the world at the time of the United States' founding. Setting aside, of course, the fact that their economy and culture were nowhere near as advanced as those of European and Asian nations.

You didn't ask about economy - changing the goal posts much??

And their culture was arguably just as good - lots of Europeans thought so and the exodus to the Indian nations was quite extensive from these "advanced" European cultures....

That would mean your world leader in civil rights built its empire on conquest and forced assimilation of neighboring tribes. They used unwilling captives for labor and human sacrifice. Do a little more reading on the Iroquois and you will find they were no better than any other society during the 18th century.

Again - shifting goalposts and straw man - you asked what was the LEADING nation for human rights - not what was the perfect nation.

Must suck to understand so little of your own question!!

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

So it means there were already 'racist' people living here.

And Sanders wants to go to work for the entity that put them on reservations.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

A man that clearly works with high ranking Government, and I guess, is now a family friend, met my dad extremely shortly after him filing the patent for a technology that could subtly locate anyone on earth by process of elimination(if they were watching TV).

It's not like it was invented, and we're some kind of lackys, to the governments better use for it. We literally developed it with their 'assistance', and with their 'goals' in mind.

Vis-a-vis, we're now the Corporate face of the Homeland Security, and it's just a joke and a mockery that the government works like that, instead of creating their own god damn #.

Money, Technology, even Food, it's all controlled and we have no say. With blue government, at least it's not as brutal.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

So it means there were already 'racist' people living here.

Yeah, so???

Does that make it okay to be racist now? Allow me once more to remind you of your thread's title:

Sanders: America Was Founded On ‘Racist Principles. That’s A Fact.

Does that mean Sanders is a racist?

WHICH IS IT, neo???!!!!! Rich people, or minorities?
Corporations, or regular Americans???

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
You think that maybe he was talking about the fact that some of the founders were Slave Owners???

Because only colonists had slaves on the planet Earth. Right.

That black slaves were literally considered to be 3/5 of a person

Wrong. Non-free persons only counted as 3/5 for the purpose of Congressional representation. This was done to prevent the states that were slave-heavy from counting towards full representation and giving those states more power in the Federal Government. Wow, how racist!

and that was only when they weren't simply considered property and not considered to be people at all???

As I said, wrong.

Also, he's not a hypocrite for going after the .01% for tax fraud either. That isn't discrimination, it's called going after criminals for tax evasion.

Since I can't stand to listen to Bernie for too long because of his lies and distortions, I can't say I know what you are talking about here. Got a quote? Or is it just more typical class warfare and complaining about the tax loopholes that politicians like Bernie have put into the tax code for decades?

I know you hate and fear Sanders and you love more than anything to defend rich criminals and cheats but your case here is incredibly weak and deceptive.

I like how you also used it as a way to attack progressives though. Typical and redundant as that tactic is coming from you, I always love when you use it.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

nobody has said that except people trying to construct a strawman to knock over - such as you.

Wrong. Non-free persons only counted as 3/5 for the purpose of Congressional representation.

congratulations - you just agreed with him!!

This was done to prevent the states that were slave-heavy from counting towards full representation and giving those states more power in the Federal Government. Wow, how racist!

Yep - well spotted!!

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Hi there!!!

Since I can't stand to listen to Bernie for too long because of his lies and distortions, I can't say I know what you are talking about here. Got a quote? Or is it just more typical class warfare and complaining about the tax loopholes that politicians like Bernie have put into the tax code for decades?

I'm sure you've probably already met them, but - xuenchen and neo96 (our gracious host) are, I'm sure, very glad to see you propping up their disinfo!!!

Martini? Scotch? Steak? How can we help you?? (neo's staff has been a bit, well - dawdly.)
Not to worry, though!!! The rest of us are here. (By the way, there are plenty of sources posted earlier in this thread that, unfortunately, disprove neo's team's stances. Just so you know.)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

A man that clearly works with high ranking Government, and I guess, is now a family friend, met my dad extremely shortly after him filing the patent for a technology that could subtly locate anyone on earth by process of elimination(if they were watching TV).

It's not like it was invented, and we're some kind of lackys, to the governments better use for it. We literally developed it with their 'assistance', and with their 'goals' in mind.

Vis-a-vis, we're now the Corporate face of the Homeland Security, and it's just a joke and a mockery that the government works like that, instead of creating their own god damn #.

Money, Technology, even Food, it's all controlled and we have no say. With blue government, at least it's not as brutal.

Again not going to say you did or didn't help. Up to people d decide but to claim your company located him really takes away from the on the ground work by the team.I mentioned. Also dhao says he was very delusional and couldn't grasp the concept of giving up power and consistently complained about the lack of electricity and water after fleeing Tripoli. Maybe the narrative was to provide cover to your company's technology. Whatever. Just saying trying to make this claim idnores the ground work by people who would never get credit anyways

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Here's what we know for sure

There are way too many people running for president from the GOP - which means all of them figure they've got as good a chance as the next guy. That's not a good thing - it proves that mediocrity rules the day

Against all odds - La Prima-Donald is leading that lackluster pack

Hilary shot herself in the foot - that is something that's worth wondering about

And Bernie Sanders is now a contender in a country where even the left follows the money - and everyone insists on charisma

I'm gonna take your fear and loathing (and as per usual inexplicably irrational explanations) as a kind of endorsement neo

Bernard - you've won my heart and my vote - if only because neo hates you. That's kinda all the science I need

:-)

edit on 9/15/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Again not going to say you did or didn't help. Up to people d decide but to claim your company located him really takes away from the on the ground work by the team.I mentioned. Also dhao says he was very delusional and couldn't grasp the concept of giving up power and consistently complained about the lack of electricity and water after fleeing Tripoli. Maybe the narrative was to provide cover to your company's technology. Whatever. Just saying trying to make this claim idnores the ground work by people who would never get credit anyways

I don't knock the work by the Soldiers, but he was killed by a cruise missile sophisticated enough to fly down his chimney, when the Solider pushed the button, that was about the extent of teamwork. Locating him was killing him.

But I'm sure "Smith" and "Anderson" aren't Government agents, and my company is a harmless TV Ad Business.

The bigger point, is that red government, extends government into corporate face, where it should not be.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I don't knock the work by the Soldiers, but he was killed by a cruise missile sophisticated enough to fly down his chimney, when the Solider pushed the button, that was about the extent of teamwork. Locating him was killing him.

But I'm sure "Smith" and "Anderson" aren't Government agents, and my company is a harmless TV Ad Business.

The bigger point, is that red government, extends government into corporate face, where it should not be.

Did you also fake the video of the NTC dragging, beating, and shooting him to death? Or was that someone else who put out the fake after the missle strike? Or was it a fake gaddafi. No agents involved. Not sure where you even got that.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

So what. Because other countries have slaves it makes it ok for us to have them too???

The colonists weren't the only ones to have slaves. But he was only talking about this country so there is no need to include what everyone else was doing. Even if he did include what others were doing doesn't change the fact that our founders were slave owners too.

But thanks for supporting my argument. Not sure where you thought you were going with that.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Did you also fake the video of the NTC dragging, beating, and shooting him to death? Or was that someone else who put out the fake after the missle strike? Or was it a fake gaddafi. No agents involved. Not sure where you even got that.

No. Naturally the government asked us where he was, and he wasn't there because it's not designed to be on the real-time scale level for war. The bombs killed his whole family.

I can promise you it stopped giving him tampon commercials tho, because he's a boy.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Quite the contentious little Frenchman you are. Are you related to Napoleon?

No goal posts were moved. I simply thought it relevant to mention the Iroquois nation was not an advanced civilization and cannot be compared to Europe in cultural or economic terms.

You've not provided any evidence to suggest Iroquois society was more equal than that of Europe or the early United States. "Arguable" information won't win you any debates.

The inescapable fact is the world was not a happy place in the 18th century, and while the United States was not much better than the rest in terms of equality, it wasn't any worse. Bernie's statements from the OP apply to almost every nation on the globe.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join