It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanders: America Was Founded On ‘Racist Principles. That’s A Fact.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

For the second time, that isn't a quote saying that Bernie thinks that rich people don't have rights.

That is exactly what Sanders says. The state has more RIGHT to rich peoples property. Should sound familar to those crying how racist this country is.

This is a red herring. I never made any attempt to say that unions don't bribe politicians, it also doesn't back up your assertion that Bernie doesn't think that rich people have rights.

Try again that is Sanders position when demagoguing the rich,and corporations, and says NOTHING whatsoever about UNIONS.

Yea see, I knew you couldn't back up your assertions (mostly because you are wrong and being hyperbolic).

You mean Sanders can't back up his hyperbolic assumptions.

I quoted his own WORDS.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Basically Sanders supporters see nothing wrong with the state specifically targeting a group of people because the mob doesn't like them very much.

Why yes people there's 'nothing' wrong with that picture at all.

(post by Blazemore2000 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Lol. You keep thinking you answered my request. I know deep down we both know you didn't. You haven't posted any quotes from Bernie saying that he thinks that rich people don't have rights. Increasing taxes on rich people doesn't mean that he thinks rich people don't have rights. This is why I didn't bother refuting your hyperbole, you aren't looking to listen to anyone with dissenting opinions. The only opinion that matters to you is your poorly formed personal opinion. I REALLY wish you could be more intellectually honest with the way you post, because talking to you feels like I'm banging my head against a wall repeatedly. But hey, we can't all get what we want.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well now that was funny.

Seems the only opinions that matter around here are Sanders, and his supporters.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

No, I only care about opinions that consider the information presented honestly then form the opinion based on that. I really could care less if you misinterpret what is being said then invent your opinion based on that (that's called a strawman). Still waiting for a word for word quote from Bernie saying that rich people don't have rights.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Only unions, and 'people' get to buy politicians.

That is also the idear behind going after those and I quote from Sanders own website. 'Billionaire oligarchs'.

I think you're acting crazy.

Yeah, neo: PEOPLE. Not CORPORATE OLIGARCHS.

gah.

Are you a billionaire oligarch? (Apparently so.) Well, you're losing the fight, bro.
Off to jail with you.

Shameful.
edit on 9/15/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: shake my head

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Uh the only 'oligarchs' there are in this country are those 535 congressman sitting on capitol Shill.

Something Sanders wts to give more money too, and more power, and control.

Hmmm.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Uh the only 'oligarchs' there are in this country are those 535 congressman sitting on capitol Shill.

Uh, no.

Bernie is not taking money from giant corporations. What do you not understand about that?

The billionaire oligarchs are HOARDING their vast fortunes off-shore. They have abandoned the working Americans for "greener pastures", dude.

Okay - this is silly. Believe whatever you want (I can't stop you)....but, hopefully ATS as an aggregate membership population can help you stop seething and frothing at the wrong targets.

Sheesh.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Sanders calls for an end off lobbyist money in our political system, and is running his campaign without the influence of the lobbyist money, he is calling on the hill to become responsible to the people rather than to the corporations they work for today.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

So what part of UNIONS are lobbyists that people are not getting ?

So what part of people themselves are lobbyists that people are not getting?

www.opensecrets.org...

www.addictinginfo.org...

Sanders can thank Citizens United for that cash once again.
edit on 15-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

There is a huge difference between union people and corporate oligarch billionaires' paid lobbyists who are lobbying on behalf of the oligarch cheaters (who can't be bothered to come and speak for themselves; they're too busy hiding their assets and exploiting workers in OTHER countries, you know).
You know this.

And yet, you ignore and/or lie about it.

So - I guess you are a corporate wealth-hoarder who resents the fact that PEOPLE who live in the USA need to be able to make ends meet.....!!! ?? Right?
And you resent the fact that unions (made up of working people who live in the USA) have a voice, and the fact that Bernie Sanders is on their side and hears them loud and clear. ???? Right?

That's the only explanation for your deliberate and ongoing obtuseness.

Carry on, then, spreading your sensationalist, right-wing LIES. And when you get bored of doing that, try reading something --- anything! --- that has been presented in this thread (YOUR thread) and respond to it in a reasonable and sensible, intelligent fashion to show us that you are, well....

nm
I give up.

edit on 9/15/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

There is a huge difference between union people and corporate oligarch

No there isn't.

Someone trying to buy a politician.

Clearly Sanders sells himself to the lowest bidder.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

LOL!! Yeah, I didn't think you'd actually go back and read. So, you know, you could know the actual facts.

Nono....don't do that!!!

I'm out, really.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
American history is undeniable, but very interpretative. You can say colony control, but even then, it was more specifically Taxes, that was the issue.

It was easy for citizens to understand that they worked, made money, and then sent it back to England. This angered them.

This is why the Boston Tea Party is noted as a important revolutionary event.

What is not noted, is that these Taxes to a central bank, is what was the main tipping point for revolutionaries, and Franklin D. Roosevelt(My favorite 3 term president) reinstated the Central Bank in 1933. Washington would be found rolling in his grave that day.
edit on 15-9-2015 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I sure can read.

Machinists workers UNION.

Teamsters UNION.

United Auto workers.

Laborers union.

Back to Sanders own website:

n 2010, a bad situation turned worse. In a 5-4 decision in the Citizens United case, the Supreme Court opened the floodgates for corporations and the wealthy to spend unlimited and undisclosed money to buy our elected officials.

berniesanders.com...

Once again here is what the Scotus really said:

The principles articulated by the Supreme Court in the case have also been extended to for-profit corporations, labor unions and other associations.

en.wikipedia.org...

Sanders has CU to thank for those donations.

And THAT's A FACT.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Sanders has CU to thank for those donations.

And THAT's A FACT.

GASP!!! Really? And is that why he's fighting to overturn it?

Sen. Bernie Sanders hates the Supreme Court Citizens United ruling and if he becomes president he'll make sure his Supreme Court nominees vote to overturn it, he said Sunday.

“If elected president, I will have a litmus test in terms of my nominee to be a Supreme Court justice and that nominee will say that they are going to overturn this disastrous Supreme Court decision,” the Vermont independent said on CBS’ “Face the Nation.”
Though he understands why Hillary Clinton will be using a Super PAC to raise funds – she has said she doesn’t like it but she has to compete – he will not use one, he said. The senator, who is now seeking the Democratic presidential nomination, has long warned about the insidious influence of big money in politics.
Since his presidential announcement less than two weeks ago, Sanders said nearly 90,000 people have donated to his campaign, averaging $43 each.
Athough he doesn’t think he’ll outspend Clinton or Republican Jeb Bush, Sanders said he'll be able raise enough money to run a strong campaign.

THIS WAS FROM MAY. MAY: the month that he started his candidacy. He's still saying the same thing...four months and five days later: only now his base is way bigger.

Sanders takes dead aim on Citizens United ruling

edit on 9/15/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Lol. You keep thinking you answered my request. I know deep down we both know you didn't. You haven't posted any quotes from Bernie saying that he thinks that rich people don't have rights. Increasing taxes on rich people doesn't mean that he thinks rich people don't have rights. This is why I didn't bother refuting your hyperbole, you aren't looking to listen to anyone with dissenting opinions. The only opinion that matters to you is your poorly formed personal opinion. I REALLY wish you could be more intellectually honest with the way you post, because talking to you feels like I'm banging my head against a wall repeatedly. But hey, we can't all get what we want.

There is something fundamentally wrong with the perception of 'rich' in America. $1,000/day puts you in the top 1% of the world. Somehow these people can see themselves as poor, with the mass publicity and image that there 'are people richer and more powerful and famous than them.'

The issue with the gap is real, I make around $44,000/day and no one is in sight of me financially in my social circles. However, I share $200 cash with my brother each day, and we consider this a very excessive amount. And it is, if you consider the $22,000 taxes we pay each day. How people can have 'hungry mouths' making $1,000/day is purely poor spending decisions. Not government.

I'm serious though, the 'rich' against taxes, are all actually under the impression they aren't 'doing very well'.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join