It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanders: America Was Founded On ‘Racist Principles. That’s A Fact.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: neo96

What Racist Principles are you talking about???

The question is WHAT racist principles is Sanders talking about.

And why does Sanders want to be the head honcho of a government that has a 'rich' history of racism as he puts it.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

And why does Sanders want to be the head honcho of a government that has a 'rich' history of racism as he puts it.

Ok, but I still don't know WHAT racist principles you're talking about??? Or why you're waiting on me for some kind of answer or comment about them.

Maybe he want's to help try and fix some of the current race issues we have now??? If you ever bothered to find out what he's all about you'd probably know stuff like that instead of having to rely on me.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Sanders and his supporters need to explain that.

His comments sound too degrading to voters trying like Hell to make a decision.

The generalized tangents and attacks won't do the trick this election.

Some people think the 2016 campaign will be the dirtiest in history.

Just wait till Bush decides to get rolling

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

So no answer.

Alright moving on.

Apparently Sander supporters can't tell me what racist principles this nation was founded on.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I guess you could argue that to the colonists and early patriots, their policies and beliefs weren't racist or bigoted because they didn't think they were. To those people in that time, slavery was a fact of life. White people were superior, that was an established fact. Native Americans didn't "own" the land or have any kind of land ownership system, so it was fair game.

To those people in that time, what they believed was just the truth of the day. So to them, it wasn't racist.

I'd like to think that today we know better.

Just to be clear, slavery had its critics then too. Back then, the major civil rights movements were abolitionist movements. The different European empires had abolitionist movements back then, as did America. In fact, acting like slavery was just an accepted norm back then is insulting to the abolitionists and other critics of slavery, like John Adams, his son John Quincy Adams, Harriet Tubman, and Frederick Douglass (the highly respected "MLK" of his time). Even the British Navy played a huge part in reducing the intercontinental slave trade once they got their act together.

Of course, I'm not directing this at you personally. I just want to be clear that slavery has always had its critics, even including a few of the Founding Fathers. The "slavery was normal so it wasn't wrong" argument is literally the argument its sympathizers used as opposed to the abolitionists' arguments. There were groups like the "American Anti-Slavery Society" and the "Liberty Party" (a small political party). In fact, I just found a good list of 400+ notable American abolitionists on wikipedia (page 1 & page 2).

Oh & the colonists did recognize Native American land rights at different times. In fact, the US Federal & State governments made more than 500 separate treaties with Native American groups. Unfortunately, they broke virtually every one of them. Indiana & Oklahoma, for example, were once designated as Indian territory, though the US ended up seizing them eventually, as well. And that doesn't even touch on things like the California Genocide, which occurred during the California Gold Rush.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

What Racist Principles are you talking about???

Probably the same ones as the episcopal church..or possibly the ones where all people are entitled to liberty...except for slaves...who just happen to be black. And Indians......who just happen to have land we want.

You could ask him - that would be he best way to get an answer.

My presumption is that he thinks he can improve things - some people do still have a bit of that public mindedness in them.
edit on 14-9-2015 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

And the eugenics laws set fourth... that could probably be classified as preventative genocide... what an ironic country we have

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Nice red herring.

So that's another one that can't.

Ferguson to justify Sanders asinine comment.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Sure slavery had critics. I won't argue that. In the late 1700's in America it was the rule, not the exception. It wasn't until the suffrage movement that people really questioned a woman's right to vote. It was just a given for a lot of people that they couldn't. The same with interracial marriage. Lots of people just accepted these things and never considered themselves or these beliefs racist. It's usually after things have changed and we look back do we see racism, sexism and discrimination.

Twenty years ago a lot of people would say that marriage between two men shouldn't be allowed, and they wouldn't be considered homophobic, intolerant, or bigoted for that belief.

Times change, we change, and we see our mistakes in hindsight. It's hard to see what we're doing is wrong when we are knee deep in it.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Sanders and his supporters need to explain that.

They need to explain what???

WTF are you talking about???

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

So no answer.

Alright moving on.

Apparently Sander supporters can't tell me what racist principles this nation was founded on.

What do you mean "no answer" I only just figured out what the question was. Why didn't you just come right and ask it in the first place???

If you're asking about what Sanders was talking about in that interview I would imagine he talking about the founders being slave owners and treating humans literally as property. While at the same time giving Rights and Privileges to White Men of Status Only. This would be my guess as it seems the most likely answer to your question. But for an exact answer I suppose you'll have to ask Sanders yourself.

This would seem to me a pretty easy thing to figure out for anyone so it makes me wonder why you have such a problem with it. Are you implying that any concept of Racism in our past has somehow been left unaware to you??? Or are you just claiming it's all false and never happened???

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

What do you mean "no answer" I only just figured out what the question was. Why didn't you just come right and ask it in the first place???

After 11 pages eh.

Automatically just agree with everything Sanders says then?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
what really grinds my gears is that 300 years later slavery is still a topic.

how much longer until it becomes irrelevant. how many more hundred years is it going to take to shake this stigma.

i wasnt born into slavery, nor have i every been racially profiled, or had any sort of racial discrimination against me as far as i know, but it still feels weird when my 'ancestors' are just a 'topic' to this day (whether its political or personal leverage)...

by weird i mean sad. how will this country ever move on???

/rant

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

what really grinds my gears is that 300 years later slavery is still a topic.

And after another 300 years politics will still be punting it like a football.

It's the 'gift' that keeps on giving.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Well, I actually stopped reading after the first 5 pages or so because it became a pointless circle jerk between you and a few other like minded cronies mindlessly yammering about stuff you clearly don't have any clue about. Then following it up by staring each other for those comments.

So you'll have to excuse me for not knowing right away what you were talking about. I had better things to do.

Even if I did just agree with Sanders on everything, how would you know about it??? You keep asking me to provide you with information about his policies, ideas and thoughts on everything. So you wouldn't know if we agree on something or not now would you??

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Yeah, it's called history and we're not dwelling on it. It's possible to discuss something historical just to discuss it.

However, since many people would rather just forget history or act like it never happened, sometimes you need to bring it up so you don't fall into making the same mistakes as you made back then.

As they say, if you don't know your history you're bound to repeat it. So in some cases it's good to bring these things up now and then.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Well, I actually stopped reading after the first 5 pages or so because it became a pointless circle jerk between you and a few other like minded cronies mindlessly yammering about stuff you clearly don't have any clue about

No clue eh?

If someone hadn't stopped reading after 5 pages unlike Sanders we can back up our opinions.

With posts like these:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

(InEquilty)
Which has existed since the dawn of civilization.

Which no one can ever do a damn thing about.

Well people that still think like animals might not be able to do anything about it but evolved human beings sure can and will.
edit on 14-9-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator

Which has existed since the dawn of civilization.

Which no one can ever do a damn thing about.

Well people that still think like animals might not be able to do anything about it but evolved human beings sure can and will.

I keep hearing how 'evolved' people are today,

Sure don't see it. When they support people like Sanders that expect government to pay their bills.

Hell that is the entire idear behind social engineering. Change the environment to suit the mediocre.

Instead of what mankind has been doing for millennia'. ADAPTING.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I'm sure there is some sort of point behind whatever it is that you're saying, but I don't know what it is.

But you go ahead and keep going if it makes you happy. I'm bored as hell with this discussion, if you can even call it that.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join