It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘We Found Blood Spatter Everywhere’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
‘We Found Blood Spatter Everywhere’: 3 Dogs Dead, 12 Missing After Apparent Jurupa Valley Animal Shelter Break-in
KTLA[/ url]

“We found blood spatter everywhere," Welsh said. "There were some blood markings that were about 3 feet off the ground. We don’t know exactly what caused that, but we don’t suspect that an animal jumped into the air and caused that blood spatter.”

It was not immediately known if the dogs had been killed by an intruder or larger dogs, but a preliminary examination did not find bite marks.

“Their deaths do not appear to be consistent with bite wounds. In other words, the bigger dogs causing the injuries to the dogs,” Welsh said.

Three dogs were dead and at least 13 dogs were missing or unaccounted for Sunday morning after a suspect broke into the Riverside County Animal Shelter in Jurupa Valley.

The latches of the kennels at the shelter in the 6800 block of Van Buren Boulevard were deliberately cut, according to spokesman John Welsh. He believes the dogs were released on purpose.

[It's a pretty huge shelter and always looks busy whenever I drive by it.]

A friendlier shelter was built on 12.5 acres on Van Buren Blvd and Clay Street in Riverside. This 64,000 sq ft facility accommodates approximately 30,000 dogs, cats, horses, hamsters and other creatures annually.

Hopefully the links work, they started changing and I think my computer needs an exorcism.

[url=http://www.pe.com/articles/dogs-780129-animal-killed.html]Press Enterprise

The disturbing crime prompted five local organizations to offer a $20,000 reward for information that leads to an arrest and conviction.

Basically someone broke into the animal shelter after hours. They then cut 22 locks and released the animals.
If it was one or two animals abducted, I would be inclined to assume it was an owner of said dogs.
If it was just 22 dogs missing, I might be inclined to assume it was an animal rights group like PETA.
But no, someone killed two dogs. Tiny dogs too. A Chihuahua and a Yorkie. One of them had a microchip and had arrived at the shelter that day. Some dog owner is about to get some bad news.

When the shelter staff arrived in the morning, they found 7 dogs roaming around outside of their kennels. That is when the staff noticed the 2 dead dogs and the blood splatters.

12 dogs are still missing. A German Shepherd Dog was found dead a mile away. Probably hit by a car on Van Buren Blvd they say.

It seems the heat is getting to some people in So Cal. First the High Desert dog burner and now this. Some people friggin suck.

Update:

Five of the 12 dogs reported missing after a weekend burglary at the Riverside County animal shelter in Jurupa Valley have been found.
PE.COM

That's good. Hopefully the other 7 dogs are found unharmed. I was starting to think someone abducted them to torture them.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Weren't they eventually going to be killed anyway?

-Toy the Bear

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This is still a strange case in my mind. What's the motive? I am leaning towards someone stealing their dog/dogs back and releasing other dogs to throw off the authorities.

Not sure what the dead little dogs, is all about. Must be one sick minded bastard. $20,000 reward. I hope his punk ass gets caught and moment now.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TOYBEAR

-Toy the Bear

Not all of them buddy. I've worked in a shelter for half a year. I know what goes down and out here you got Work Release prisoners doing the cleaning. Some sadists among them. Should we let average Joe come in and beat them all to death because they are all gonna die anyway?

If more people adopted from the shelters and weren't always intent on getting a puppy, they wouldn't have to. These shelters are up against the wall because some dogs sit in there for weeks/months. All the while getting new dogs daily. It's a huge shelter and they try not to put any dogs down.

Hope no one you know, has a dog escape somehow. They'd be better off dead before they can claim them?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

Speaking frankly of some prisoners, they should be beat to death.
I agree with you that more animals should be adopted.
I've had dogs run away to end up dead - it sucks.

-Toy the Bear

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TOYBEAR

Speaking frankly of some prisoners, they should be beat to death.

I agree. Some prisoners do not deserve to breathe another breath. But that is not how California rolls. Out here they let sexual predators out and they a lot of them go to the desert because they can't be around children. It is naive to think they won't abuse something or cut their ankle bracelet of and go on a spree.( I am not calling you naive. I am speaking of CA who I am growing to loathe).

I've had dogs run away to end up dead - it sucks.

If you are talking about shelters putting down your runaway dogs that is messed up. Out here you have 1-2 weeks to claim your dog before they even consider putting it down.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I don't understand how they ruled out bigger dogs as the culprit for the deaths?
Dogs usually sling their prey around viciously back and forth so blood splatter 3 feet off the ground wouldn't be difficult to accomplish.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19811316]harvestdog[/post

You get a star from me mate.
Keep fighting the good fight.

-Toy the Bear

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

No bite marks.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

It was not immediately known if the dogs had been killed by an intruder or larger dogs, but a preliminary examination did not find bite marks.

“Their deaths do not appear to be consistent with bite wounds. In other words, the bigger dogs causing the injuries to the dogs,” Welsh said.

The dogs were described as a 5-year-old Chihuahua who had been recently brought to the shelter and a 6-year-old Yorkshire terrier mix that was brought in the previous night.

One of those dogs was a Chihuahua and they are short-haired. You would definitely see some chomp marks. I saw my bastard neighbors dogs attack and kill one of their own. Mastiff shaking around a Westie. Lots of blood could be seen. I've also had my own pack members attack each other. No blood but deep punctures. The Vet Tech would be able to spot it I think.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TOYBEAR

Thank you kind Sir. Keep an eye on your possessions, especially the ones you love. This crazy world will try to take them.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TOYBEAR

-Toy the Bear

I heard about this on the NEWS this morning. At least one of the little dogs killed was chipped, but the owners had not yet been contacted.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I guess the mods thought this was a nice little feel good pet story. I don't see it that way. It's not my pet and this is a legitimate news story.
Somebody broke in, cut 22 locks to let 22 dogs out and murdered 2. Along with 9 Dogs burnt with acid
I see it a a force to be reckoned with. Lots of reward money with these cases. I may have to give up my day job and get some justice for these pooches.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
If I were the authorities I would be looking for someone who knew or has followed the life of Rod Ferrell.
en.wikipedia.org...

The wiki article only talks about the murders he committed but prior to that he had broken into the local animal shelter and killed (beat to death) numerous animals and stole several that were executed later. The judge gave him a smack on the hand and turned him loose. (She lost her next election.)
He is still in jail as far as I know but cutting the locks on the cages was his MO like this case. I think the people that were charged in the murders with him are out of jail.
We have some really twisted brains walking about among us.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Investigations began after Rod Ferrell allegedly broke into a dog rescue shelter and attacked more than 50 animals. Two were killed and one was later put to sleep because its hind legs had been ripped off. The legs were never found.

The Independent

Good find. This sounds like the recent story. Sick mofo ended up bludgeoning 2 people to death with a crowbar. The shelter in the OP is very new. It cost multi-millions to build. I am sure they have good security cameras. At least i hope so. So Cal needs to get serious with these dog abusers/killers.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog
Yes, I devoutly hope they are caught. Here's the problem....Rod Ferrell was caught too. But because the charges were misdemeanors and he was a juvenile---he walked in less than a month. A few months later---he was treating people the way he had treated those animals.
I do have to warn you though that the article you posted is way off base on a lot of the facts. Some English dude who didn't even bother to visit the town wrote that up, or some say, made it up, since at least a couple of the people he claims to quote never spoke with him. He even wrote up quotes from the "Murray Sheriff" with a made-up name so please don't trust what you read there.
I can assure you that people of the town weren't walking around frightened of vampires. They were walking around mad as hell that the judge had let this psychopath loose on the world, released into the custody of his mother who was the one who introduced him to the world of vampires!

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I can be certain nobody will be caught or punished for the crime, justice might have a chance if one of Paris Hilton's dogs were among the victims

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Update:

A fourth dog died Monday and seven remained missing after an apparent break-in at a Jurupa Valley animal shelter over the weekend, according to officials with the Riverside County Department of Animal Services.

Two dogs were found dead inside the bloodied shelter, located at 6851 Van Buren Blvd., Sunday morning, department spokesman John Welsh said.

A third dog was fatally struck by a vehicle later that day, and a fourth dog was killed in the same manner Monday morning, according to Welsh.

ktla.com...< br /> So now seven dogs remain missing. 2 dogs have returned safely to the shelter, and 2 have been hit by cars and died. Police are reviewing surveillance footage. It appears a lone man, wearing dark clothes that broke in and caused mayhem. Police are dusting for fingerprints also. I wonder what the motive truly was.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Update:
RCSD wanted PDF
KTLA

A 42-year-old Riverside man was named Wednesday as a suspect in a break-in at a Riverside County animal shelter that ended in the death of four dogs and the disappearance of several others.
Jason Ernest Johnson, also known as Jason Neunzer, is wanted on suspicion of felony burglary, animal cruelty and vandalism in connection with the break-in at the Jurupa Valley shelter, which was discovered Sunday morning.

Looks like they ID'd this guy. Not sure of the motive. He is on probation on drug-related charges. The police believe he may have fled to Fresno, CA or Las Vegas, NV. Keep a look out for a 2006 white Dodge Ram pickup truck with California license plate No. 00064R1 if you live in Central Cali or around the Nevada border. I would say this guy may be violent.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Update:
KTLA

They arrested the suspect. I wonder what the motive is.

A Riverside man who was named as a suspect in a break-in at a Jurupa Valley animal shelter that resulted in the deaths of at least four dogs has been apprehended, authorities said Thursday.

The Riverside County Sheriff’s Department announced shortly before 9 a.m. that 42-year-old Jason Ernest Johnson was taken into custody.

No details were immediately provided about the arrest, but Riverside County jail records showed he was booked into the Robert Presley Detention Center at around 7:25 a.m.

After some contemplating, I think I may have a theory. Lets see if my hunch is correct. I think this guy had a dog/dogs in that shelter. He broke them out, and used the mayhem as a diversion. Throw the authorities off his tracks, so to speak.

new topics

top topics

join