It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter issues? Twitter Hacked? 9/14/15 2:40PM EST....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
So this just happened....

Wonder if Twitter was hacked today....
edit on 9/14/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Apparently it is not just me either....nice....wonder what happened?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Yep looks like its down.

www.isitdownrightnow.com...

Some of the comments suggest some users are able to access it via external apps such as tweetdeck?
edit on 55930America/ChicagoMon, 14 Sep 2015 13:55:16 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Apparently so. I just had the same screen checking out feeds on the Delta State Shooting. thanks
for posting!

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Yep looks like its down.

www.isitdownrightnow.com...

Imagine the scramble going on at Twitter HQ right now....

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Works fine for me just posted music there now

edit on 14-9-2015 by robbeh because: From UK..

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Working fine for me to, I'm in the u.k if that makes any difference.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
It's back up on this end now

link   

originally posted by: robbeh

Mobile or on PC....seems I can still hit it on mobile site, just not PC.

link   
I'm in the U.S. Down for me.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: C21H30O2I
It's back up on this end now

Yep...just came back up for me too. 13 minutes down....wonder if they will issue a statement about it.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Well...this is interesting. According to this report, Twitter's stock hit a session low today JUST before it went down...what are the chances?

Source

Twitter did not immediately respond to CNBC's request for comment.

The company's stock hit a session low at 2:34 pm ET and was down about 2 percent in afternoon trade.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: robbeh

Mobile or on PC....seems I can still hit it on mobile site, just not PC.
Mobile sorry forgot to say.

edit on 14-9-2015 by robbeh because: ..

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
still not working for me ...

wondered if it was anything related to this email i got from fight for the future ... about 45 mins ago ish ... regarding twitter closing (?) 30 web sites that relate to dodgy politicians ... wondered if it were perhaps being hacked or attacked in reposnse

cms.fightforthefuture.org...

ETA - okay .. well it seems to have come back up in teh time it took me to post that

edit on 14-9-2015 by Segenam because: editing is a great way to pass the time ...

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Maybe they just forgot to pay the bills for the US servers and bandwidth.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The most likely scenario, based on the info available so far, is their was a technical issue either self inflicted or something else. Complex voice or data systems are just that, complex with multiple converged infrastructures.

Just because networks go down doesn't mean something was hacked.
It's a bit harder then some Script Kiddy launching a DDOS on a site and boom it's down.

I get that non-technical people may know not know how Data Centers works but seriously, the majority of outages are not the results of some nefarious act.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
drum solo,its back

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
The most likely scenario, based on the info available so far, is their was a technical issue either self inflicted or something else. Complex voice or data systems are just that, complex with multiple converged infrastructures.

Just because networks go down doesn't mean something was hacked.
It's a bit harder then some Script Kiddy launching a DDOS on a site and boom it's down.

I get that non-technical people may know not know how Data Centers works but seriously, the majority of outages are not the results of some nefarious act.

I don't think anyone was suggesting a script kiddie, but twitter going down is a bit odd. I am technical and do know how datacenters work. I also know companies as large as twitter don't go down for 30+ minutes without a major failure or hack of some sort.

The fact it did not affect their mobile site was what had me wondering about an organized hack. Companies like twitter have multiple redundancies built in....

And yes, I have built and maintained 24,000 virtual servers across 3 sites in a year and actually know how datacenters work....that was just one project.

Sure it wasn't a simple idiot hack, but it could have been an organized hack, or a massive failure for redundancy. Companies like twitter are on 5 or 6-9's up time and in Tier 4, pushing Tier 5 builds....they didn't even achieve 4-9 uptime today.

Anywho....I have yet to see a press release on it which makes me think hack even more....typically they would have already released something talking about a network failure if that was the case.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Great then if you have done all that DC work then you would know that the most likely cause of an outage isn't something nefarious ..

All the MPLS circuits in the world, all the VMotions to save hosts, all the VSS configs mean nothing if some port that someone forgot about doesn't have STP protection enabled and someone causes a loop.

We could both sit here and swing our e-peens about our IS careers but it doesn't change anything..way more often then not outages are not due to hacks and just because their hasn't been a press release doesn't make it Any more likely that it was a hack..

We just probably won't agree on this but at this point Their isn't enough info to say anything for sure.

top topics

join