It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stunning GoPro: Russian Cosmonaut duo perform 5 hour spacewalk outside ISS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Well the title pretty much says it all...

All I really can say is this is pretty cool seeing these Cosmonauts working on the ISS from the view of a Cosmonaut.

I thought this was a cool video... so enjoy.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
Well the title pretty much says it all...

All I really can say is this is pretty cool seeing these Cosmonauts working on the ISS from the view of a Cosmonaut.

I thought this was a cool video... so enjoy.

Very cool...made me think of all the people who "fatfinger" their keyboards....with those gloves it has to be next to impossible to do anything with fine motor skills needed.

I have always thought it would be really strange to be outside in space, thinking that you should be falling but you're not....seems like it would be a truly out of this world feel. These videos always give me that same feeling.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Very cool...made me think of all the people who "fatfinger" their keyboards....with those gloves it has to be next to impossible to do anything with fine motor skills needed.

I get amazed when I see these type of videos where they are working outside the ISS, all I would do is just stare at the Earth and the beauty it shows from up there.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Incredible video.

We are capable of such awesome feats, yet at the same time capable of such barbarism.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
i would be the guy watching them work through a window on the ISS. hehe.

no way i would go out there. how fast are they whizzing by, imagine debris or something comes off undone and smashes into or near you. thats pretty much it. a slow death by panic or asphyxiation.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Here this probably could have been a new thread, but I feel it works with the video in the OP.

Even more thanks to Go Pro.

Enjoy.

Sorry, I posted the wrong video.
edit on 14-9-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Wow that music was amazingly annoying, i had to turn the sound off after 40 seconds. Strangely it didnt seem all that stunning after that.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I wonder how movement in space feels like. Since there is no gravity or need for equilibrium, no sensation of turning or being upside down. Maybe it's like you're in a first person shooter and your center focal point never changes? Maybe like you aren't even moving but the universe is moving around you? Mind-f'd... Let it be known I have no clue whatsoever about what I'm talking about

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Wooow, those pictures looks really cool... Earth is really beautiful from up there...

Too bad there is no signs of intelligent life on the planet...

edit on 14-9-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Amazing. Yet for all the amazing things I could see if I was up there....that has to be one of the scariest jobs on the planet.

(well, off the planet for sure)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

In the last few seconds of the clip one of the guys has an appliance that he throws out and away from him. We see it disappear into the distance.

Why do that? Isn't that then not now a piece of junk that could cause a great amount of damage if it hit another man-made object?

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
They did a really good job of hiding the air bubbles and water ripples... it amazes me that they were able to build a swimming pool of such enormous proportions in which to hoax these videos.

sorry, i couldn't resist

new topics

top topics

join