It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Active Shooter Delta State U Campus

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This may be related. Maybe just coincidence. From a local news outlet story about the Delta State shooting. Action News 5

Murder investigation involves Delta State employee

An investigation into a murder in Gautier, Mississippi, involves a Delta State University professor.

The suspected shooter is identified as 45-year-old Shannon Lamb.

According to investigators, a woman was shot to death at a home in Gautier around 10:20 a.m. on Monday morning.

Lamb reportedly called Gautier Police Department to report the murder.

The name of the victim is not being released at this time.

Whether this murder is connected to the murder of a Delta State University professor has not yet been confirmed.

edit on 9/14/2015 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Assuming they even tried other avenues...

...and assuming they aren't some sort of evil psycho out for his fifteen minutes.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
If this was a knifing, then we'd be discussing motive, mental health, family, criminal activities. But because this was done with a gun, it's become a "gun issue".
Too bad. I just hope they resolve this without more loss of life.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: C21H30O2I
Ok so, MSM reporting these: 5 things know about the shooting at Delta State University

1. A professor was killed in his office at Delta State University. The campus is located in Cleveland, Mississippi, in the Delta region near the Arkansas-Mississippi state line, WHBQ reported.
2. The Delta Democrat-Times reported that a professor was the victim. He was identified by the Bolivar County Coroner as Ethan Schmidt, CNN reported. He was listed on University’s website as an assistant professor of U.S. History.
3. Schmidt, according to the American Historical Association, of which he was a member, earned his doctorate at the University of Kansas and his Bachelor's and Master degrees at Emporia State University.
4. There are reports of a second, unnamed victim, according to WHBQ. The second victim was found off campus, WHBQ reported.
5. The campus was placed on lockdown and the university's 3,500 students were being advised to stay away from windows as police searched for the alleged gunman, WHBQ reported. School officials originally posted on the school's Twitter account that an active shooter was spotted on campus near Jobe Hall.

Source

Scorned lover...IF there actually is another victim offsite, betting on it being an intimate partner/lover and the professor was the new boyfriend....something along those lines.

edit on 9/14/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

And I'm a card-carrying member of the NRA......so?

I apologize if I singled out gaming...but I don't care how many "responsible" gamers there are out, the fact remains that you cannot glorify violence - in the media, in music, in GAMES - and not have it have a significant deleterious effect on society...but I also should have included the fact that as a society we are so far away from the kind of environment in our homes that cultivates a work ethic, a value/morals driven focus, a spiritual upbringing...you cannot have a healthy society if you destroy the family...and we have destroyed the family.

We, as a society, are reaping what we've sown. I don't know why anybody with a brain is surprised...

edit on 14-9-2015 by Jansy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Here is the victim. Ethan Schmidt. I hope his family can get through relatively easy.

A Kansas native, Schmidt, 39, was married with children. He Has Taught American History at Delta State Since 2013
His Studies Focused on the Interaction Between Indigenous Americans & European Colonists. I wish the family and children all the best.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Alleged Shooter:

Dr. Shannon S. Lamb
www.deltastate.edu...

Same department.

Local news reporting that he called at 10:20am and reported the murder in Geautier, and then Delta State went on lockdown at 10:40am.

Also reporting that no DSU students were involved or harmed.
edit on 9/14/2015 by wshadow1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I wonder if this sort of action is what has become the only way some people believe they can act upon perceived wrongs perpetuated against them, when they feel all other avenues have been exhausted.

Sad state of affairs.

First off my condolences to the victims and familys affected.You Know that's a point that might not be far off, but by all means no excuse for this behavior. In these times you can hardly voice an opinion with out someone slapping a label on you like bigot, racist, some type of phobia, ect. and so on. Kids cannot even defend themselves on the playground against a bully with out getting thrown out of school also. All this PC crap telling you how to think and talk must build up inside of people I know it does with me, there is so much outside control and if you would express an opinion others will scream and put a label on you, just look at these threads. I don't know just read the quoted reply and got me thinking.
Good luck to everyone I think we are all going to need it. By the way its a poor craftsmen who blames the tools.
Ed

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: wshadow1

wshadow1 thanks for that bit of info. So, he reported the murder before the murder?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: wshadow1
Alleged Shooter:

Dr. Shannon S. Lamb
www.deltastate.edu...

Same department.

Local news reporting that he called at 10:20am and reported the murder in Geautier, and then Delta State went on lockdown at 10:40am.

If that is the case then his area of research and expertise are VERY interesting according to his linked BIO:

Research Interests: Geography: Post Conflict Landscapes, the
Suppression of Public Memory, Public Memory, and Public Space.
Education: Stakeholder Perceptions of High Stakes Testing, and
Achievement Outcome Prediction

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: C21H30O2I

He reported the Geautier murder, and then shot the professor at Delta State.

Geautier is near the coast, and Cleveland is about 6 hours away to the northwest.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Ok so, MSM reporting these: 5 things know about the shooting at Delta State University

1. A professor was killed in his office at Delta State University. The campus is located in Cleveland, Mississippi, in the Delta region near the Arkansas-Mississippi state line, WHBQ reported.
2. The Delta Democrat-Times reported that a professor was the victim. He was identified by the Bolivar County Coroner as Ethan Schmidt, CNN reported. He was listed on University’s website as an assistant professor of U.S. History.
3. Schmidt, according to the American Historical Association, of which he was a member, earned his doctorate at the University of Kansas and his Bachelor's and Master degrees at Emporia State University.
4. There are reports of a second, unnamed victim, according to WHBQ. The second victim was found off campus, WHBQ reported.
5. The campus was placed on lockdown and the university's 3,500 students were being advised to stay away from windows as police searched for the alleged gunman, WHBQ reported. School officials originally posted on the school's Twitter account that an active shooter was spotted on campus near Jobe Hall.

Source

Scorned lover...IF there actually is another victim offsite, betting on it being an intimate partner/lover and the professor was the new boyfriend....something along those lines.

Could it be?! Whats his angle?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: wshadow1

So, If they get him alive... Premeditation? thanks!

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Source

If I had to REALLY go deep on a guess? They were both interested/seeing in the same student or she broke up with the shooter for the other victim....that is if the shooter actually is the other professor there. If not, then I would guess the same just not with another professor involved.
edit on 9/14/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Source

If I had to REALLY go deep on a guess? They were both interested in the same student....that is if the shooter actually is the other professor there. If not, then I would guess the same just not with another professor involved.

ha that sounds like it'll jive, just right with today's crazy world!

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

No doubt. They're seeing it where my husband works in the new generation. How many of these shooters are young?

They come in for their performance goal setting sessions and when it's time to set objectives and performance targets for the upcoming year (the thing that helps determine advancement, raises, bonuses), they start asking, "What's in it for me?"

Completely selfish, self-absorbed with no sense of anything beyond instant self-gratification.

We're raising broken kids.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Still bits and pieces coming in.

The Gautier victim was Amy Prentiss. She lived in Cleveland and took a job in Gautier working for a recording artist there.

Everyone assumes love triangle, but another possibility could be that Dr. Schmidt encouraged her to take the job in Gautier, and Lamb blamed him for that. Still no excuse, just another possibility.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cromb
Isn't this just a typical monday in the usa?

no. its just a typical day.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
ok The Biloxi Sun Herald reports that a second victim related to the shooting at Delta State was found dead in the town of Gautier. It was Lamb who called police to report that killing.

That victim is believed to have been Lamb’s girlfriend. On Lamb’s Facebook page, he names Amy Prentiss as his girlfriend. (photo of her)

Love Affair?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Here is a different profile from the university for Shannon Lamb, with a different, but equally interesting field of exptertise: Geography of Crime.

I'm not sure of the T&C's regarding linking facebook profiles, but Mr. Lamb's is available. I have a sad suspicion that the victim in Gautier was his girlfriend. She is referenced in his post from July 14. A quick google brings up an address for her in Gautier.

ETA: I'm late with the info...

So, his green SUV is on campus, but they still haven't found him?
WLOX 13
edit on 9/14/2015 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join