It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World Has Cried Wolf Before...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

The World Has Cried Wolf Before...

Deep in the forest of the human condition, there comes a primal cry, begging for help and forgiveness, never understanding why?;

The Universe has listened many times before, coming to the rescue, lifting those pathetic beings, all just to ignore?;

How many times must you screw this up, insisting to be saved, never learning the lesson, ignoring the angels that waved?;

You were given the power and chance after chance, you cry wolf again, while falling on your lance;

How many times must the Universe save you from your idiotic behavior, why must you insist on your way, while waiting on your savior?;

Squandered and wasted, buried and chastened, bearing false witness to doctrines that are pasted;

Quit crying wolf oh precious world, wake up and take a stand, choose the love we need to survive, and hold it in your hand.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Those nails are awesome!

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Chicken Little comes to mind, too.

Now Little, it was just one pine cone. Turn off the drama, go home and sleep it off.

Tomorrow is another day.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
What I don't get is why so many insist our problems must be insufficient morality. Or it has to do with insufficient love or belief in a god, or it's some kind of supernatural debt or karma.

In all reality if we were a higher being gazing down on humans like ourselves we'd probably think something like "Stupid clumsy humans, so unable. Cute when they try so hard to do simple things. Ugly when they don't learn and display repulsive obnoxious behaviours." Sure, humans might be greedy and sinful. It's easy for us to see it in ourselves. There's some prejudice too because our brain is hardwired to see things a certain way. But when was the last time you scolded a dolphin or monkey or elephant or octopus or magpie or crow or orca or (insert another creature with some intelligence) for being greedy or sinful? Surely we're a higher being compared to them and the previous example applies, unless you believe there's no such thing? It's obvious to us human children can be greedy, but they're children, so we don't blame them as much. They're too young to be judged. And yet what if humanity is too young as well? What if our society is not evolved enough to produce the amount of understanding we desire? It doesn't really matter how we end up appearing stupid and unable, only that we do.

But no lets just continue to blame sin and greed and/or morality shortcomings. So much easier than digging deeper. Emotions come easy. And by exclusively blaming our choices we choose to ignore other things. It's a choice to only blame our choices. Cannot we entertain other possibles? Or better, cannot we imagine other possibles?

The following link is not a full summing up of what I write above. And what's above isn't empirical, just some feedback. So when you read what I write or look at the link, do not feel offended. I, like anybody else, am an explorer, meaning I never know everything--if I did I wouldn't explore. I am a work in progress. My feedback is flawed, as are my sources:
discovermagazine.com - The Vexing Mental Tug-of-War Called Morality..

EDIT: OP, please relax if you read this and feel at all slighted or trolled or whatever. I did not come here with the intent to cause trouble. What you have to understand is I just walked away from another thread which primed me. I was like a flurry of words which were ignited before I arrived. So imagine a man stumbling through the door with a trail of dripping smoldering words behind him, words issuing from his mouth like a geyser, all before he even gets a clear look at what's inside.
edit on 9/14/2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

You treat monkeys like monkeys, cause they will always be monkeys, you cant change the nature of something just cause you place them in a bubble. If you want to live as a human you have responsibilities and obligations, it isnt a right.If you cant live by them you forfeit your right as a human.

You Can Easily Judge the Character of a Man by How He Treats Those Who Can Do Nothing for Him

The rules are very simple as a human, there is no bending.

top topics

join