It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Davis - an $80k drag on the system

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Well if she abides by the court's order then her moment in the spotlight is about up. Guess she didn't want to keep eating jail cuisine.

She and her lawyers tried and lost at least they didn't try to push it any further. Good it is done now she can fade into an obscure footnote of history.

edit on 14-9-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Religion poisons everything it touches.....even small minded folks like Kim Davis. Take this woman's brain & stuff it in a beer can....it would sound like a BB in a 55 gallon drum.
edit on 14-9-2015 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: wanderingman

Kentucky law states that her NAME and OFFICE must be on the form. She doesn't have to hand it out or sign it, but the license is issued with clerical authorization of the County Clerk. By her demanding that they not be on the form, she is forcing the issue, hoping that they won't be legal. And she may be right. www.abovetopsecret.com...

The court can't authorize a change in the law.

If she keeps this up, we may see the governor cave and hold a special session of the legislature to get rid of her. That's the ONLY way to move forward 100% legally.

I'm going to assume that you are not a Kentucky lawyer, since your statement about Kentucky law is absolutely wrong. I am, on the other hand, licensed to practice law in Kentucky, and am fully aware of the reuirements of KRS402.100, the relevant statute. It only requires that the signature of the Clerk or Deputy Clerk appear. The hypocritical hog needs to be impeached and jailed for official misconduct.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: F4guy
It only requires that the signature of the Clerk or Deputy Clerk appear.

I'm not talking about the SIGNATURE. I'm talking about the authorization statement and NAME of the county clerk.

The form shall consist of:
(1)A marriage license which provides for the entering of:

An authorization statement of the county clerk issuing the license for any person or religious society authorized to perform marriage ceremonies to unite in marriage the persons named

And then statement by the person performing the marriage has to include the name of the county clerk under whose authority the license was issued from the license.

A certificate to be delivered by the person performing the marriage ceremony or the clerk of the religious society performing the marriage ceremony to the parties married. This certificate shall provide for the entering of:
(a)
A statement by the person performing the marriage ceremony or the clerk of the religious society performing the marriage ceremony that the ceremony was performed. The statement shall include the name and title of the person performing the ceremony, or the name of the religious society performing the ceremony, the names of persons married, the date and place of the marriage, the names of two (2) witnesses, and the following information as recorded on the license authorizing the marriage: the date the license was issued, the name of the county clerk under whose authority the license was issued, and the county in which the license was issued

Statute 402.100

No, I'm not a lawyer. And I agree she should be impeached and charged with misconduct. But if they can reach an accommodation, I'm fine with that.
edit on 9/14/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I LOVE this stuff! I couldn't ignore it if I wanted to, which I don't.

Which means you're part of the problem. We get that. You also seem to wear it like a badge of honor. Paying attention to those bozo's only ensures that more of them will want to do something stupid so THEY TOO can get attention. And you're proud to be a part of that cycle?

Go breed with them and make sure you stay in your own secluded part of the country, you deserve each other.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Double Post
edit on 14-9-2015 by DeepImpactX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeepImpactX
Which means you're part of the problem. We get that. You also seem to wear it like a badge of honor.

I wasn't aware I was coming across like some kind of "baddie". I'm not even sure what you mean. I'm very interested in law. religion, and LGBT issues. This story brings them all together. Not sure how that makes me part of any problem. This is the natural course of civil rights in this country and it's fascinating to me to be living through it.

Paying attention to those bozo's only ensures that more of them will want to do something stupid so THEY TOO can get attention. And you're proud to be a part of that cycle?

Wait a minute... You think my posts here (which are the ONLY indication of my interest on the topic on the internet) are going to make some kind of difference, when Kim Davis has put herself in the spotlight with the help of Mike Huckabee? You think the attention I'm paying to this issue matters one way or the other???

Anyway, I'm not proud or embarrassed that these topics interest me. I have good reason for my interest and I don't have to explain that to anyone or justify why I LOVE this stuff and couldn't ignore it if I tried.

Go breed with them and make sure you stay in your own secluded part of the country, you deserve each other.

Excuse me???

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
What I'd like to know is: since when do any of you people getting your rocks off calling for this woman's head care, at all, about the Constitution or the so-called "rule of law"?

Since when? Your whole social philosophy is built on undermining the Constitution at every opportunity.

Oh, I get it! When you can have an ad hominem circle jerk over it, then it all becomes a big deal to you.

Embarrassing.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DeepImpactX

Interesting that you want to be so insulting, due to the fact that we are in a discussion board after all, what do you want, that we discuss a topic on gardening for the fall? In social issues and insurrect?

You comment was out of line.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join