It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese volcano "Aso" erupts without warning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Mount Aso, a volcano on Japan’s main southern island of Kyushu, has erupted, Japan’s Meteorological Agency said, blasting a plume of black smoke 1.2 miles (2km) high, but there were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.

The 1,592-metre (5,222ft) high Mount Aso is one of the most active peaks in Japan

Japanese volcano "Aso" erupts without warning

I think Japan been taking some hits lately. I hope everything is fine

Japan lies on the "Ring of Fire" - a horseshoe-shaped band of fault lines and volcanoes around the edges of the Pacific Ocean - and is home to more than 100 active volcanoes.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: dimicgs

Glad to hear there's been no reported damage or injuries, hopefully it stays that way.

Something to keep an eye on though.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I wonder if that volcano eruption will effect air traffic at all? I hope not, the Japanese have enough to contend with.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Japan has been getting hit left and right with both natural and man made disasters for the last several years. Glad there's no injuries so far.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: dimicgs

Glad it wasn't Yellowstone...*cough*yet

But in all seriousness, its good to read no injuries reported as of yet

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
great, let's build some more nuclear plants!

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I would imagine Ask being as active as it is that they would have some everyday precautions in place to keep people safe from the sudden outbursts. 1.2 miles isn't too terribly high either so unless it is near an airport or winds are blowing it towards a major flight path things should be OK.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
The name "aso" is funny to me, because in the language here "aso" means dog.

Anyways, this was interesting: Mt. Aso-(san) "A volcanic mountain of central Kyushu, Japan. It is topped by one of the world's largest calderas, containing five volcanic cones, one of which is active. The highest cone rises to 1,592 m (5,223 ft)."

top topics

join